Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2016, 00:39   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: A much needed upgrade | Triumph Bonneville comes home | EDIT: Sold (page 9)

Congrats Aditya.

Good upgrade and a well thought out decision, considering this was planned for a long time. Have seen you posting in most of the big bike threads starting with the Ninja 650.

This Bonneville is a true understated beauty, specially after the Collinite effect. Have seen how your Ninja used to attract unwanted attention during team bhp meets (the Doddaballapur railway station in particular). This should be a welcome change.

Has the prices dropped by any chance due to the introduction of the new Bonneville range?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 09:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
2. TOR exhausts - look stock, sound bassy yet not too loud when you crack the throttle... and they pop nicely when you close the throttle. Sounds mad and addictive.
Congratulations on the buy. She looks very good. I'm planning to upgrade to TOR soon. Can you please share some feedback on this. The stock silencers are super soft. I was looking at something bassy yet not too loud. The Arrows somehow did not appeal to me and sounded pretty tinny. How are the TORs?
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 09:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only concern I had with the bike was the low GC and lack of ABS.
The GC issue is totally taken care by the Continental GT rear suspension. I upgraded to this and I'm really happy. Able to take on most speedbreakers in Namma Bengaluru with a pillion without sweat. Please see my post #997 in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...r-sold-67.html
dinu2506 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 09:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
So much money for a glorified bullet?
I loved this line. Congrats on your new bike, I've ridden the Bonneville in Europe and really enjoyed it.

Just one question, considering you wanted a straight up bike for long rides, did you look at something like a Harley?
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 11:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for your wonderful wishes.

I was wondering which bike to ride to work today and was tempted to opt for the Bonnie but given that I'll be riding the bonnie on Saturday with friends, I chose the Ninja.

I've spent so much time on the Ninja, but after being on the bonnie, the Ninja feels nimble, light, flickable and so easy so much like a toy.

Only downside on the Ninja was the absence of monstrous torque at the low end which the bonnie has oodles of and the brakes on the Bonnie are super sharp. The Ninja has a lovely set of brakes but these are miles ahead in terms of stopping power. The bonnie suffers from windblast once you cross 120kays but the Ninja one glides away without any fuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Sting has a nice ownership report going on too, am sure you have looked it up.
Thanks Red Liner for your wishes. Yes, I've been reading almost all the bonnie threads on the forum as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik1906 View Post
Congrats and I was happy to see that you mentioned the bike has a bash plate. A recent ride to wayanad turned into a disaster as one of the lads bonny hit a stone, the oil filter cracked and he had to leave it there, return to Bangalore riding doubles with another friend, and then go back a week later to pick it up.
That's sad to read and scary too. The bash plate however does not cover the oil filter. It ends just before the oil filter. I got my Bonnie inspected last week as the headlight alignment had to be corrected and the LHS exhaust pipe bolt had to be tightened. Turned out the bash plate had taken a few dings and is making slight contact with the oil filter. No damage though. Will be careful when I ride.

The bike only scrapes with a pillion on board. I crawl over bumps but noticed that it's the side stand assembly (that fits on the chassis) that scrapes the bumps. Will take care and thanks for sharing your inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Has the prices dropped by any chance due to the introduction of the new Bonneville range?
Thanks for your wishes. Not sure if prices have dropped as I picked up the bike a few weeks before the launch (and announcement of prices) of the new Street Twin. I'm certain that the prices would have dropped a bit considering the new one is significantly different, lighter and more efficient on the performance front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Congratulations on the buy. She looks very good. I'm planning to upgrade to TOR soon. Can you please share some feedback on this. The stock silencers are super soft. I was looking at something bassy yet not too loud. The Arrows somehow did not appeal to me and sounded pretty tinny. How are the TORs?
I found the Arrow pipes tinny too. I love the TOR's and glad the bike came with these pipes. They are muted when you are cruising or riding sedately but audible when the throttle is whacked open. They rumble and pop when the throttle is closed after they are whacked open. Best set of pipes over Arrows, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
Just one question, considering you wanted a straight up bike for long rides, did you look at something like a Harley?
Naah. I wanted something understated and I'm not really a Harley guy. They're nice bikes but they don't connect with me as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
The GC issue is totally taken care by the Continental GT rear suspension. I upgraded to this and I'm really happy. Able to take on most speedbreakers in Namma Bengaluru with a pillion without sweat. Please see my post #997 in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...r-sold-67.html
Thank you so much for your inputs. How much did the shocks cost if i may ask?

Last edited by n_aditya : 31st March 2016 at 11:34.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 12:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for your inputs. How much did the shocks cost if i may ask?
They sell at 11500 a pair, available at RE spare parts dealers
dinu2506 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 12:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Overall, happy with the purchase and can't wait for the weekend to take her out for a spin.
Hi Adithya,

Congratulations and welcome to the club

I am sure you will stay happy for long or till you feel the urge for more power !!

One suggestion - get the number plate relocated to where the rectifier is. It will cost you bit but will really improve the looks (have a look at my ownership thread, if you wish)

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 12:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Adi! Safe ride on the Bonnie!

I was almost joining you guys for the Gundlupet ride but was on "heat" to do longer distances so took off on my own to Hyderabad! LoL!

Looking forward to seeing you on the Bonnie soon!

Cheers!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 12:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Great bike n_aditya. Many congratulations. What all accessories were attached to the bike besides the exhausts and the seat? May I also ask the price you got it for?

A Bonne does symbolise pure biking nirvana to the purists. I am quite smitten by the newer 2016 Bonne range with fly by wire throttle et al.

Ride safe brother. Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 31st March 2016 at 12:43.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 13:08   #25
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Aditya - Congratulations on the arrival of the new Bonny girl , the family is bigger now.
Thanks for sharing a wonderful review and wishing you miles of rides with lots of smiles
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 13:21   #26
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Aditya! Finally - Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Quote:
I was wondering which bike to ride to work today
That's one of the best feelings ever!!
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 13:31   #27
BHPian

So we were right when we sensed something was cooking!

Congratulations Aditya on a wonderful motorcycle and wish you many miles of safe and happy riding.

There are faster, lighter, better equipped bikes out in the market but vehicles (and not just motorcycles) that have become more treasured once they have been discontinued can be counted on our fingertips. I think the Bonneville is one such vehicle.

Look forward to more riding escapades from you in the future.

Godspeed and ride safe.

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 14:42   #28
BHPian

Congrats Aditya!
Beautiful choice there! Love the silver! Wishing you unlimited miles and smiles on her!

Cheers!
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 17:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the wonderful upgrade Aditya! Wish you many many miles and smiles on the new beauty! It is good that the King-Queen seat has already come with the bike. If you dont mind, could you please share the price you got it for. Thanks!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 19:32   #30
BHPian

The Bonnie is one of those bikes that just looks so good and refined in real life, that it's hard to get a sense of it by looking at photos. I wasn't a big fan, until I saw it on the road - proper retro styling, adapted to today's standards.

Congrats on the awesome bike and a pretty good deal
ads1485 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks