Team-BHP - The Superbike Accessories Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   The Superbike Accessories Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/175475-superbike-accessories-thread.html)

With the superbike scene in India growing leaps, most bike owners are going out and getting little (and not so little) kink knacks and do dads for their bikes. Unfortunately good accessories are a little difficult to find in India and are usually at a reasonable markup.

Most superbike threads always have owners asking about accessories and where to get them. So I thought about a consolidated thread where we can share our accessories, how they are and where we got them. Thanks.

I'll start with some of the stuff on my Z800.

Brake and Clutch levers

First up, the quick shift levers. I find these levers to be a god send, the Z800 clutch used to kill my hand if I was ever riding through traffic, but now a quick shift and the clutch is closer down. Most of the time I use it in the full out setting but it's great to have the option to shift on the fly.

Price: 1500 Thai Bhat
Store: K-Speed Bangkok

The Superbike Accessories Thread-img_1676.jpg
The Superbike Accessories Thread-img_1678.jpg

Windshield

I was very against a windshield because I did not like the way most of the Z800 shields looked but I finally found a decent looking one in Bangkok. Unfortunately after mounting it on the bike it was pretty useless. Very marginal difference from the stock. Only big plus, it seems to keep dust off of the instrument cluster.

The Superbike Accessories Thread-img_1641-1.jpg

Price: 1000 Thai Bhat

IX Race Slip on Exhaust

My biggest complaint with the Z800 was the muted exhaust, so was in the market for a slip on for a long time. Just by chance came across the IX race exhaust in Bangkok, by seeing it on some random Z800 going by. Fell in love with the look and the sound. The exhaust has a great note, and comes with 2 DB killers so you can choose just how noisy you want the bike. I have both on at the moment.

Price: 10000 Thai Bhat

The Superbike Accessories Thread-img_1653.jpg

The Superbike Accessories Thread-img_1680.jpg

Tail Bag

Found a nice little tail bag on my last trip to the US. It's an OGIO bag that is identical to the Dianese tail bag which is also made by ogio. The Ogio branded one is just a $100 cheaper. It mounts easily and is quite spacious. Not yet used it on a ride, will update after using it.

The Superbike Accessories Thread-img_2659.jpg

The Superbike Accessories Thread-img_2658.jpg

The Superbike Accessories Thread-img_2657.jpg

Price: $80
Store: Revzilla, USA

Thanks for the thread Vellvector. Been thinking of starting such a thread since a long time. You have some nice stuff in your Z. Love the tailbag and the Matt black Ixil pipes. Could you post a sound clip of the exhaust please.

Here's the stuff I have on my Z.

The Superbike Accessories Thread-picsart_042902.34.47.jpg

And the Radiator guard

The Superbike Accessories Thread-psx_20160424_202641.jpg

With minimal accessory:

The Superbike Accessories Thread-busa-accessory.jpg

Excellent thread and well thought-out.

I concur that we need to start something on accessories as it's an integral part of most superbikes. We pay through our nose but, we don't get the complete motorcycle that we want :D....Hence knowing what accessories to buy and how it helps is always welcome

My only two cents is this thread will not add value if along with pictures and details of accessories, it's price and place from where it's sourced is NOT shared

Cheers and encourage everyone to please share your accessories list with pictures, price and also sourcing info

Excellent suggestion Avi! We do need to share the price and other details like from where it has been sourced from, feedback etc
Something like a template similar to the service thread.

I got these denali aux lights and an MRA screen for the front end.

The lights are expensive in India so had a good friend carry them for me. Did the wiring work myself as it seemed fairly straightforward. Had some teething issues - blew the fuse a couple of times. But that's sorted (hopefully)
The mounting proved to be tricky and I got what I wanted in terms of mounting height and reach.

They are insanely good these lights and are a boon while riding. Was looking for a combination of spot and flood pattern within a total consumption of 40W. Had learnt that this is the safe limit of loading the alternator and battery. They cost around 310 USD, roughly 20-22 k inr.

The windscreen is also fantastic and I have written a separate thread for why I picked it. Its an MRA vario screen and is fully adjustable. Very happy with it, sourced it from www.triumphindia.org available for 21k inr.

Here's my Hayabusa.
I keep putting new stuff on it all the time :)
Some are functional while some just aesthetic!
The list:
Body sliders
Wheel sliders
Front and rear bobbins
Kandn filter
Ixil exhaust
Hid High and low beam 5000k with led marker lights.
Rizoma grips
Adjustable levers plazzo
Engine guard
Chameleon screen
Tank pad
Shifter sock
Power Commander 5
Hel steel braided lines
Tail Kit
Cnc aluminium foot pegs

Will begin with all the stuff on my Ninja 650 and their sources

1. Short & Tall Velocity Stacks - Blue Ridge Performance
2. Custom Clutch springs - Ninja 650 shop
3. Scorpion Serket Taper full system exhaust - Regina Specialities
4. Dynojet Power Commander & Autotune - Performance Racing
5. Ricor Intiminators - Ricor USA
6. EBC Extreme Pro brake pads - Regina Specialities
7. HEL steel braided brake lines - Sniper Auto, Mumbai
8. Philips HID headlamps kit - Philips distributor, Bangalore
9. R&G Frame sliders - Performance Racing
10. R&G Radiator Guard - Performance Racing
11. Rear spools - Performance Racing
12. Stompgrip adhesion pads - JV Promoto
13. Motografix Tankpad - Performance Racing
14. Clip on Handlebars - Bikerz Bits, Thailand
15. Custom levers - Bikerz Bits, Thailand
16. Custome Brake M/C cover - Bikerz Bits, Thailand
17. Fender Extender - made locally
18. Viaterra Claw Mini luggage bag - Viaterra

I am not sure if you'll call it to be a super bike or no.
But I am soon going to be a proud owner of the TNT 300.

Looking forward to put some accessories on it.
Some things like below.
1. Frame Sliders
2. Radiator Guard
3. Wind shield

I hail from Mumbai and if anyone can help me with stores where I can get these accessories for a reasonable cost.

The list is not very extensive as of now. But I do have plant to put on some more accessories in the later stages.
A quick throttle once I know the characteristics of the bike.
Change the clutch, brake levers - to make it easier to drive in traffic

Hi

I have a 2012 white CB1000R in Mumbai.

There are quite a few shops that sell bike bits & bobs. Performance racing, Ultimate auto, Bachoo Motors to name a few.

I have the Yoshimura R77D exhaust, R&G Frame and Engine sliders, R&G Tail tidy and Pazzo levers installed on the bike. For Oils and coolant I generally stick to Motul and castrol Dot 4 is my brake fluid.

Have had bikes for the last 29 years and can look after most issues myself. In any case there is always the backing of Honda for spares and service if needed. Actually the bike and accessories market has really taken off in our country and loads of stuff is easily available now. You just have to be smart in reading a bit and better understanding the machine before one goes down the road of performance upgrades. For example there are tons of aftermarket exhausts that can actually rob you of power and tons of aftermarket levers that are worse than OE and tons of junk from China available that is almost always unreliable. Modern machines are well built and well though out and basic upkeep will go a long way in keeping it that way.

Below is a picture of my bike

Rgds

any store or online website where I can buy Fenda Extender for Z800 ?

Hey CRV2010, check this out :

http://m.ebay.com/itm/350988547953?_mwBanner=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0195291R6..._q4Yjxb688M67F

Lots of accessories stores in Mumbai now. And even if you dont find something in mumbai iam sure you'll get it somewhere in india.

Ultimate auto impex, bay city speed shop, spped monks, dsg gear, Pawan kakodhia, motorcycle hub, retro rides moto, etc. All these are facebook pages look them up.

BTW :- The tail bag i use is a monster tail bag from aliexpress for some 2k. And its very usefull for superbikers. It can carry your first aid kit, gopro kit, and few extra items. And it also fits easily on the rear cowl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3962012)
You have some nice stuff in your Z. Love the tailbag and the Matt black Ixil pipes. Could you post a sound clip of the exhaust please.

Sorry for the delay, have been traveling. I will also post a clip of the exhaust with the bike moving, for now have posted one with it stationary.

http://youtu.be/HD-Gwx7Zo0I

Where did you get the rear cowl for your bike?