Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 11:04   #106
BHPian

Re: Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative, says "we haven't received money from our dea

I came in here to read about the Z800 and I don't think I want to buy a motorcycle from a company that doesn't know how to treat customers.

The Z800 is a VFM product but the "devil may care" attitude from IKM is unacceptable. Time to research further on other similar motorcycles :(
Old 1st September 2016, 13:05   #107
BHPian

Re: Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative, says "we haven't received money from our dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv3k View Post
I came in here to read about the Z800 and I don't think I want to buy a motorcycle from a company that doesn't know how to treat customers.

The Z800 is a VFM product but the "devil may care" attitude from IKM is unacceptable. Time to research further on other similar motorcycles :(
Unfortunately, with the attitude of almost all the manufacturers in India, you will probably not be able to get any motorcycle if you are looking for a great attitude from the company. I've seen major service and performance issues from both HD and Triumph where no one in the company cared. Ducati had it's own version of this issue a few years ago.

With the legal system in India, companies know that their financial liabilities are restricted and that people who want these kind of bikes are probably going to buy them anyways so the social media outrage is also not as important as it would be with a mass consumer product.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 15:01   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
Unfortunately, with the attitude of almost all the manufacturers in India, you will probably not be able to get any motorcycle if you are looking for a great attitude from the company. I've seen major service and performance issues from both HD and Triumph where no one in the company cared. Ducati had it's own version of this issue a few years ago.

With the legal system in India, companies know that their financial liabilities are restricted and that people who want these kind of bikes are probably going to buy them anyways so the social media outrage is also not as important as it would be with a mass consumer product.
Well, I have had issues with companies like Skoda, Chevrolet, Bajaj and Honda. With Skoda, I was a victim of the infamous DSG issue and Bajaj (Kalyani, Mekhri circle) delivered a brand new Pulsar with no engine oil. However, the issue with IKM is at a completely new level.

With others, we at least had our steeds with us and we do have other service options but not taking responsibility of their own ASC and not accounting for the monies collected is not expected from an established player like IKM.

But yes, you are correct. With the recent dieselgate and airbag issues, it is high time the government reign-in all automobile manufacturers.

I really hope the guys who have paid for owning some of these brilliant machines do get the motorcycles or at least get the refund.
Viv3k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:04   #109
BHPian

A friend sent this photo in the morning. Someone please tell me legal action is being taken against them!

This statement from Kawasaki India is far too late, and also seems to imply that they don't have any responsibility in this situation. This also proves false the claims of the dealer that they are working on a solution.

This is just ridiculous.
Attached Thumbnails
Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative. EDIT: Bikes delivered (page 11)-kawasaki-india-statement.jpeg  

RiderZone is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:23   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope the public notice is only for future transactions and hoping they will deal with current situation separately

Otherwise it will reflect poorly on Kawasaki India

But, to bring the other side of coin in front, harsher reality is prospective customers will continue to buy as they are doing with Triumph and this incident will be forgotten soon

Wish the guys who are suffering due to this incident are issued with bikes that they paid for.

IKM, please do it !!!
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:26   #111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
A friend sent this photo in the morning. Someone please tell me legal action is being taken against them!
Won't affect those who have already booked before this official notice came up. They have a solid case against Kawasaki & this rogue dealer.

Kawasaki has behaved as badly as this dealer. The dealer looted, the company did nothing but watch & smile .
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:54   #112
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I really hope after all this the customers who have paid for their bikes do get it. SNK should sell off one of their Bajaj/KTM dealerships, pay off Kawasaki and the customers.

The last paragraph of the notice says IKM is in the process of appointing new dealerships for the Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai region.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 12:02   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
The last paragraph of the notice says IKM is in the process of appointing new dealerships for the Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai region.
I doubt that would help, the new dealer wouldn't really want to start with losses by giving bikes to people who paid someone else for them. The amount is huge! Mandheer Singh shared this photo on FB today. Glad at least they have started on the legal route.

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but doesn't the company take some sort of security amount from the dealership for such eventualities? Anybody here has experience with handling a dealership for any brand? Seems like the SNK people have some sort of personal connection with the Kawasaki India people, otherwise the situation shouldn't have deteriorated so much.
Attached Thumbnails
Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative. EDIT: Bikes delivered (page 11)-14241559_10154331396470259_7289955602177957204_o.jpg  

RiderZone is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:04   #114
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

It's on their website as well so is genuine.

http://www.kawasaki-india.com/category/press-releases/

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd September 2016 at 14:52. Reason: Excluded the quote as deleted the previous post as it was a repeat
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:21   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
It's on their website as well so is genuine.

http://www.kawasaki-india.com/category/press-releases/
But, Kawasaki India has absolved themselves from any obligation from the wrong doing of the dealer. How that possible and how this going to affect the affected parties?
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 00:04   #116
BHPian

Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative, says "we haven't received...

The manufacturer can levy a penalty on it's dealer as per the dealership agreement or any policy bulletins, by debiting the required amount from the dealer's vehicle account/ stopping dispatches/ withholding any pending payouts. If the dealer hasn't parked any funds in his vehicle account with the company, then the parent is helpless.
In such cases of forgery, the principal company too has to file a legal case against the dealer for using it's name to dupe customers. That is if the company is dedicated enough to go the extra mile for its customers.

As of now, the customers have to file legal proceedings against the dealer and company both.
Usually in such cases, the matter is settled out of court itself.

Sincerely hope this ordeal comes to a logical end and people getting compensated.

Last edited by Motormania : 3rd September 2016 at 00:07.
Motormania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 15:22   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post

This statement from Kawasaki India is far too late, and also seems to imply that they don't have any responsibility in this situation. This also proves false the claims of the dealer that they are working on a solution.

This is just ridiculous.

The text of this public notice suggests, Kawasaki India's lawyers have asked them to put the ad in preparation for any potential litigation that may be coming up soon. Since Kawasaki has not made any mention of what it will do for the people that have already paid the distributor, surely shows it does not care, because I am fairly sure in the distributor agreement, the distributor will have originally agreed that in case of any legal issues brought up singly or jointly against the distributor/Kawasaki due to the actions of the distributor, the distributor absolves Kawasaki of any wrong doing and will compensate Kawasaki fully for any legal charges, penalties blah blah..So Kawasaki must have had their backs covered! Thats why Kawasaki have had their lunch, dinner, jog in the park, breakfast and then come here to tell people- Dont deal with this dealer, he is a bad boy.......!
But the pathetic part in India is before even this cools down, like mobike008 mentioned, people will be lining up at the next dealer with cheque books in hand...(all sins forgiven)

Last edited by Haroon : 3rd September 2016 at 15:23.
Haroon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 16:33   #118
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest on this news :

Quote:
SNK responds
"I had submitted multiple proposals to IKM as to how we can tackle this situation, but they did not go through any of them," said Karandikar. "From today, I will start refunding money of the customers — not the whole amount in one go, but some part of it." He pointed out that the refund would be done by demand draft and not by cheque.

"I will discuss the matter with the 11 people concerned and ask them to decide how they want the refund: should the person who booked the bike first be given the whole amount [from the money Karandikar currently has], or should the amount be distributed among everybody? I will even refund the customers' bank instalments and interest that they have been paying. Now, whatever happens between the company and me will be a civil matter… I will go to court."
Source : http://m.mid-day.com/articles/after-...rship/17583177
v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 18:26   #119
BHPian

All FIR filed today, the Police will commence investigation; attached is the update in today's MidDay.

Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative. EDIT: Bikes delivered (page 11)-316232.jpg

NDTV contacted us yesterday and has carried an online article. Meanwhile I got flustered and wrote a rather long mail to the MD at IKM and MD of Bajaj marked in the same mail, with all 11 of us customers also marked, apart from the usual IKM and Palm Beach junta.

Here goes:-

Yamasita san, and all concerned at India Kawasaki Motors,

We stumbled upon this (attached Public Notice) in Economic Times today.

Have received numerous calls all day, some from very angry bikers, and many tags on social posts on Facebook.
Again by friends/acquaintances who are aware and following this issue, by reporters who have covered this issue and fellow customers.

Called Tarun Khanna and spoke to him, he has confirmed we are on our own, and this notice does not put any resolution to our long pending issue.

I am marking all of us 11 customers, who are affected by your lackadaisical attitude towards business, customers' plight and brand image of Kawasaki in India.

We are happy you have announced the long-pending termination of Kawasaki Palm Beach today, w.e.f. 1st September 2016, although a few months too late.
But all of us are customers were directed to this very showroom, paid in full and invested trust in Kawasaki Palm Beach - which is your exclusive showroom for Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.

The same is clearly advertised even till today on your website. (screenshot attached)

Sadly, the public notice today does not address any of us 11 customers, while it daftly proclaims that IKM is fully committed to its valued customers.

It would be great to see another showroom opening and we would love to grace the occasion, all of us.
Maybe then you would respond to our queries, which have fallen on deaf ears till date.

Given your extremely cold-shouldered treatment till date we cannot ascertain how the interaction would be like, but only hoping it all goes well in person and you at least talk to us.

We cannot convey over an email the angst, dismay and anger we have - specially since we have never been responded/spoken to.
I hope we can convey the pain in person when we meet, if we meet you Yamasita san or any responsible representative from IKM who may understand our concern and genuinely help us out of it.

Brands and businesses exist for customers, and this entire issue could have been handled much better from your end - which you have miserably failed to, or chosen not to.
I am not sure what your legal counsel are advising but it doesn't make sense to even the layman who is commenting on social media posts and Biker groups on WhatsApp - specially when a global+foreign brand doesn't stand behind their authorized exclusive dealership.

I have been in touch with Tarun Khanna since June and have been telling him to put a notice for SNK to stop accepting bookings but you have finally woken up in September.

How do you think all this will stand in the Court of Law?

You will have to prove in court that your new dealership will not end up duping another fresh set of customers.
How do you think will this reflect on trade malpractices and ethics committees?
How do you think the PMO India, CMO Maharashtra and relevant Ministries respond when they receive intimations?

How do you think it will reflect on future customers that the giant brand did not stand behind it's exclusive and authorized showroom?

How do you think the courts will view your public notice wherein you have said Kawasaki Palm Beach has defaulted and you advise general public to not deal with such an establishment, and yet leave paying customers to fend for themselves against such a defaulter?

How does it reflect on a brand who doesn't honor current customers but goes out mongering for fresh customers under the garb of appointing a new dealership?
I'm sure Japan HQ also questions lack of sale from a megacity like Mumbai and Navi Mumbai, that too since February till date.

I have personally been contacted by at least 2 new individuals every week and have turned them away to try another Motorcycle. 2 of them have bought a Triumph each - Daytona and Tiger. One decided to finalize a Ducati Monster 821, another is closing the Honda CBR650F.

Do your homework Yamasita san, or accept that IKM is also at fault and settle this matter quickly, there's always time before this goes to court and before you open another showroom.

I will urge you to have someone, who knows English, translate this for you; in case you are not familiar with the language.

Every business wants a paying customer, and you are sending paying customers to run around courts for their money - but rest assured, we will try and ensure each one of you will need to step in and stand in a court here too.

This is our hard-earned, tax-paid money and we will fight tooth and nail for it, be as may - in the end you will have to enable a refund, coz honestly none of us would want to ride a Kawasaki anymore after the treatment meted out.

- A Very Disappointed & Angry Kawasaki Customer
mandheers is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 21:20   #120
Senior - BHPian

Very disappointed rather annoyed to see this snobbish & don't care attitude of Kawasaki India!
If they continue with this attitude & don't find a amicable solution for the affected customers, they will pay a heavy price!
BTW whenever I come across anyone planning to buy a Kawasaki super bike, I am sharing this thread URL.
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks