Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2016, 17:14   #1
BHPian

Spy Shots: KTM's 800cc Adventure Tourer

KTM is looking to launch a 800cc parallel twin Adventure tourer to take on BMW F800GS and the Triumph Tiger 800.

Spy Shots: KTM's 800cc Adventure Tourer-1.jpg

It's supposed to be the same 800cc parallel twin which will be launched later this year on a Duke model. Also, it has an all-new swingarm, chassis, exhaust system, subframe, fuel tank and front end, meaning that won’t be much, beyond the motor, that it shares with the planned new Duke model.

Spy Shots: KTM's 800cc Adventure Tourer-2.jpg

Expect it to be launched in late 2017 or 2018 and is expected to cost around £9000 or almost $11,700.

Source - Motorcycle News

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2016 at 23:19. Reason: Uploading images as attachments
maker_of_things is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 19:44   #2

Hopefully they do. As im hearing rumours the Africa Twin is going to be DCT only and thats a shame.
Old 19th August 2016, 20:26   #3
BHPian

Re: Spy Shots: KTM's 800cc Adventure Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahlawat View Post
Hopefully they do. As im hearing rumours the Africa Twin is going to be DCT only and thats a shame.
From what I got after speaking to the Wings Dealer is they are trying to get the DCT one as it has more demand but since it might make it costly, I guess they are bringing the manual one only as of now. But I wouldn't believe anything till the time it comes.

Rachit
Old 19th August 2016, 22:52   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I for one am looking forward to both this and the africa twin. That said, it's the africa twin which is slated to launch in India next year. The only thing that I don't fancy about the twin is the tube tyres. Getting that rubber off to fix the tube is a massive project. I wish Honda had priced it higher and given tubeless tyres on special spoke rims.

Rachit, any views on what price the twin might come out at? Are we looking at over or under the 15L barrier?
Old 19th August 2016, 23:03   #5

I really want this motorcycle. I will sell my harley if need be. Always been a fan of hondas, I still have my Blackbird.
Was looking into a bmw r1200, but will get the africa twin if they bring it in the manual version

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks