Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2016, 14:23   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Cure for insomnia: My story of meets, helmets & affordable big bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
1. ATGATT (All the gear all the time)
2. Investing 10% of bike's cost on riding gear.

Got riding jacket and gloves from Alpinestars. Expenses 21k+5k = 26k.
Got AGV K3SV Elements Helmet from Dainese. 21k.

Quote:
Great information . I was of the impression that Benelli service is every 3 months which will be a pain in the back. Servicing cost for Kawasaki and Triumph are similar I believe but then Kawa needs 2 services per annum so that would double the cost. And isn't the warranty period 2 years for these bikes unless I go for extended warranty?
Benelli has the option of 4 years extended warranty, which I wouldn't skip considering the overheating issues mentioned in other forums. Also hope you are aware of the stalling issues faced by Triple owners.

Between Kawasaki and Triumph, the Kawasaki is certainly more expensive for regular maintenance. But the Triumph should be more expensive when major parts need replacement. These posts below, should give you an idea (if you haven't checked it already. )

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3702788
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4050192

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd December 2016 at 14:25.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Also in case of the Benelli - please note the service interval which is way lesser than the other two. 4000 kms / 4 months, compared to 6000 kms / 6 months for the Z and 10k kms / 1 year for the Triple.

Over the warranty period of 4 years - you do 16 services for the Benelli compared to 8 for the Kawasaki and 4 for the Triumph (Higher costs per service for the triple though). A good amount of money saved in purchase could be spent in servicing.
For Z800, actually the service interval interpretes to 12k kms (1yr). Every 6k kms we are supposed to do just a check up of the system - brakes, fluids etc. No service is done. Every 12k kms we are required to do a full service which involves engine oil change, filters change, lubing, tuning etc. Which costs approximately 8k. So do you think its still expensive comparatively?

Last edited by idpsharma : 23rd December 2016 at 13:11.
Old 29th December 2016, 00:27   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I went for Street Triple after test riding bonnie, though it was a stretch on the pocket...So finally went for the Tiger XRX which was a compromise on city commute ease, but in this two years I was more confident and comfortable handling the bigger bike, and this bike works very well on the longer rides...Thats my story for now.
Jaggu, that's the best of both worlds! You had your fun with the striple and matured onto the tiger! Lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
I hear you brother agree...Personally, nothing beats the experience of buying and nurturing a new machine
Exactly! Taken your advice (partially; you will know why at the end of this post) and am waiting for 2017 to open up the motorcycle candyland's new chapter. Lets see what it has in store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpsharma View Post
Hey, you know what? Finally I made it, brought my Z800 home a few days back...And thanks again for your wishes, I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would make it so soon .
Congrats brother! Thats super-quick decision making and getting the bike too. ownership thread up yet?

Quote:
Ownership threads are interesting and fun to read but never thought that a "pre-ownership" thread can also be so interesting. Great writing Doc. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the thread as I am myself in the market for an entry level super-bike since a year or so...Life is so hard
Thank you for the kind words Anshuman! so I guess I'm not the only one in this dilemma. Seems like you have your choices narrowed down, so thats a good start, brother. Here's me wishing you a very happy new year with loads of exciting opportunities and buys, cheers!

And to all who were/are following this thread, thank you. I've been taking my time to convince my folks before going on any further. I would love for them to support my decision and bless me and my ride. So, the Jury (my family) is yet to see the point of my irrational request. but the case is still in session. Lets see how 2017 opens up.

Happy new year guys, cheers, Ride Safe..!!
Doc_nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 09:47   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
Thank you for the kind words Anshuman! so I guess I'm not the only one in this dilemma. Seems like you have your choices narrowed down, so thats a good start, brother. Here's me wishing you a very happy new year with loads of exciting opportunities and buys, cheers!
Thanks Doc. Happy new year!

I test rode the 600i last weekend. First, the positives:

I was told that 4 years unlimited kms warranty is included in the 7L on road price of 600i. I was of the impression that extended warranty needs to be bought at an extra cost to take it from 2 to 4 years so that was a pleasant surprise.

The bike felt very smooth which I was expecting from the 4 cylinder engine, specially after riding my single cylinder CBR250R. I am a big fan of the double barrel under-seat exhaust so the bike looked awesome from the rear.

The power delivery was impressive at high RPMs. Lower in the rev range, there was no power surge but as the revs climbed, the bike screamed and accelerated like a rocket. Now many people see this as a negative but i felt that low torque at lower revs makes the bike easy to ride in traffic. You could ride the bike like a regular bike in traffic and on highways it will be your rocket at high RPMs. I might be wrong. I need to test ride the Striple or Ninja650 to see the difference.

The IXIL exhausts installed on the test ride bike sounded out of the world. They were actually too loud for my taste. I would not go with IXILs if I were to buy the 600i. Stock exhaust on the 600i is awesome anyway.

The bike weighs around 230kg but I did not really feel the weight while riding. It was only while exiting the showroom gate at low speed with a sharp turn that I had to be vary about the weight but overall the bike did not feel heavy.

The negatives:

I knew from online videos and reviews that the instrument cluster looks outdated and the headlight panel is not impressive either but I was hoping that maybe the bike will look different in flesh. I was partially right. In flesh, 600i looked impressive and big but still the front end of the bike and the instrument cluster do not complement the overall design of the bike. It could have been designed better.

Second and most important, service interval of 4000kms/3months with every service costing around Rs 7000 was a big turn off. And if you miss a service, you void the warranty. This will be a huge pain.

Conclusion: Will I buy the 600i? I don't know. Let Q1 2017 unfold. Lets see what the Z900 and Striple 765 look like. Then we should be able to take a much more informed decision.

Happy new year everyone!
Old 8th January 2019, 19:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Doc. Happy new year!

Conclusion: Will I buy the 600i? I don't know. Let Q1 2017 unfold. Lets see what the Z900 and Striple 765 look like. Then we should be able to take a much more informed decision.

Happy new year everyone!
Hi Anshuman,

was revisiting this page just for old times sake and saw your message. And then it stuck me. You actually got a Z800! Congrats on the buy. Lovely machine, enjoy it! I read in your thread that you have plans of selling it? I sincerely hope you did not! As for me. i took a step back and got myself a new 2017 D390. Its a jolly good bike, but every time I pass the Kawasaki showroom, I hope to get one of the Z i4 bikes sometime in the future. Happy new year brother. Ride safe, ride Hard.

Regards,
Doc_nikhil
Doc_nikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 13:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
Hi Anshuman,
was revisiting this page just for old times sake and saw your message. And then it stuck me. You actually got a Z800! Congrats on the buy. Lovely machine, enjoy it! I read in your thread that you have plans of selling it? I sincerely hope you did not! As for me. i took a step back and got myself a new 2017 D390. Its a jolly good bike, but every time I pass the Kawasaki showroom, I hope to get one of the Z i4 bikes sometime in the future. Happy new year brother. Ride safe, ride Hard.
Hi Nikhil, thanks for the message. Yes, I got a pre-worshipped Z800 2 years back. I've clocked 21k kms in the last 2 years with odo now at almost 27k kms. I was planning to sell it and get a tourer but I decided against it. I am converting the Z800 into a tourer. Got rid of the Akra slip-on, installed Rigid Aux lights, planning to get Shad saddle bags soon. I'll soon post all the updates in my ownership review post.

Congrats on the Duke 390! It's a fantastic machine. If you plan to go the inline 4 way, there is nothing better than the Ninja 1000 right now. It's the most value for money superbike that you can buy right now.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th January 2019 at 13:15. Reason: Small typo - Ninja 100 corrected to 1000. Thanks.
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 14:05   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nikhil, thanks for the message. Yes, I got a pre-worshipped Z800 2 years back. I am converting the Z800 into a tourer. I'll soon post all the updates in my ownership review post.
That seems to be an interesting build! looking forward to the updates.

Quote:
Congrats on the Duke 390! It's a fantastic machine.
Thank you! been having some great corner loving moments with citrus. Yeah that's the name I've given it.

Cure for insomnia: My story of meets, helmets & affordable big bikes-img_8373.jpg

Quote:
If you plan to go the inline 4 way, there is nothing better than the Ninja 1000 right now. It's the most value for money superbike that you can buy right now.
Totally agree! it seems like a very versatile machine, even better than the Versys 1000!
Doc_nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks