Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2016, 08:14   #1
BHPian

2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed at Intermot

A very long due update on its way!

Quote:
‘The development of the 2017 Fireblade has remained true to the ground-breaking spirit of the original 1992 machine, with a relentless focus on power to weight ratio,’ a Honda press release describes.

‘A 15kg weight reduction and 8kW top end power boost combine to give a 14% improvement in power to weight, making the 2017 Fireblade the sharpest in its 25-year history. A new electronics package includes semi-active Öhlins Electronic Control suspension, Honda Selectable Torque Control, Selectable Engine Brake and Power settings, Quickshifter and Downshift Assist.’
Please find the video where Nicky Hayden rides the new 'Blade.

News Courtesy: WorldSBK.com
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed at Intermot-unknown5.jpg  

2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed at Intermot-unknown6.jpg  

dreamseller is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 09:33   #2
BHPian

re: 2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed at Intermot

That is a significant update, especially shedding about 30 lbs of fat! The overall design gives off a nice RC213V-S vibe. I can't wait to see how it fares against the competition.
Turbo_Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 21:35   #3
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed at Intermot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
That is a significant update, especially shedding about 30 lbs of fat! The overall design gives off a nice RC213V-S vibe. I can't wait to see how it fares against the competition.
Totally! The current iteration is so out of the race that it's been overshadowed by sub-litre bikes like the 959 Panigale.

dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 23:16   #4
BHPian

This is just the SP model - The regular blade will be unveiled in November apparently. The spy shots which have been doing the rounds are of the non-SP/ regular model. I'm not digging this multicolor paint scheme - solid shades might make it look better.

Power figures haven't been revealed but its interesting that Honda might choose not to attempt the 200bhp output which every other litre class superbike seems to be doing nowadays. Looking forward to the superbike wars!
loki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 02:38   #5
BHPian

The Fireblade was my favourite SBK until it was replaced by the ZX-10R -> BMW HP4.

Compared to other litre class bikes like ZX-10R, Yamaha R1, S1000RR and RSV4 the outgoing version of the Fireblade looked very plain jane both in looks and performance. I hope this update gives the Fireblade enough oomph to fight it out with the Europeans and also its Japanese siblings.

-Bhargav
Old 6th October 2016, 02:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
This is just the SP model - The regular blade will be unveiled in November apparently. The spy shots which have been doing the rounds are of the non-SP/ regular model. I'm not digging this multicolor paint scheme - solid shades might make it look better.

Power figures haven't been revealed but its interesting that Honda might choose not to attempt the 200bhp output which every other litre class superbike seems to be doing nowadays. Looking forward to the superbike wars!
Power figures have been revealed. Its a 189.13hp(191.76ps) while weighing in at 195 kg.

The Fireblade didn't get an all new 200ps engine and frame because Honda has stated they want it to be a more road-oriented SBK while they have another product in the pipeline pipped to take over the track side of things. From what I have gathered, the V4 $30k RVF is scheduled for a 2018 release. It aims to bridge the performance gap between the kitted up RC213V-S and this Fireblade in terms of performance.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 6th October 2016 at 02:54.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 11:19   #7
BHPian

So looking foward to a 2017 model shootout - new Blade vs new Gixxer vs ZX10RR vs R1 vs the Europeans. specially now when all of them would be strangulated with the Euro 4 norms.

Pity that Honda's superbike service is based out of only Delhi and Mumbai IIRC. Not that the other Japs are some great deal ahead.
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 02:22   #8
Team-BHP Support

Gets a good initial reception, except for the wheelie control which seems obstrusive.

Old 13th February 2017, 23:44   #9
BHPian

Guys, I have just received the pricing from Honda for the new Fireblades:

Standard Ex Showroom Delhi: 1760964
On Road: 1925065
Colours: Victory Red/ Matt Ballistic

SP Ex showroom Delhi: 2170597
On Road: 2372512
Colours: Victory Red

1% TCS will be applicable on total sales consideration as per govt. notification.

Excellent pricing in my opinion.
The standard is priced right in the ZX10R price range.
The SP with its electronic suspension is much cheaper than the closest rival having it, the R1M. The R1M is supposed to be around 26 Ex showroom.

Let the new dreams begin

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 23:51   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Let the new dreams begin
Very nice pricing, and quite a good improvement over the earlier version.

But the party has not started yet.

BMW Motorrad is supposed to be coming in very aggressive. Some of the rumour prices I got for the 1000RR will appeal to those having the Fireblade SP in mind. And then comes the all new GSXR 1000. Seems to be the new benchmark as per initial impressions.

Can't wait for all these three to become available for us Indians.
Old 14th February 2017, 00:06   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Very nice pricing, and quite a good improvement over the earlier version.

But the party has not started yet.

BMW Motorrad is supposed to be coming in very aggressive. Some of the rumour prices I got for the 1000RR will appeal to those having the Fireblade SP in mind. And then comes the all new GSXR 1000. Seems to be the new benchmark as per initial impressions.

Can't wait for all these three to become available for us Indians.
Really? S1000RR around 23-25 lakhs? That is awesome!!

In my opinion too, going by the initial impressions the new GSXR could just be the bike to beat this year.
But I think, BMW consciously waited this year and made no changes to the S1000RR. They wanted to see what Japan had got, and next year will be there answer and I wouldn't be surprised if it is a proper nuke.

All we need is a lottery!!

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 00:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Standard Ex Showroom Delhi: 1760964
On Road: 1925065
Colours: Victory Red/ Matt Ballistic

SP Ex showroom Delhi: 2170597
On Road: 2372512
Colours: Victory Red

Excellent pricing in my opinion.
The standard is priced right in the ZX10R price range.
The SP with its electronic suspension is much cheaper than the closest rival having it, the R1M. The R1M is supposed to be around 26 Ex showroom.
Wow, Pricing is too good especially for the SP variant . As far as the base variant goes, Equipment to Equipment wise I feel ZX10R is a better buy than the fireblade. That being said, there is lot more to be considered than just the equipment from a buyers perspective.

I feel that it is the SP variant which is going to be sold in good numbers compared to the regular version. Any idea about the launch date? and when are the deliveries going to start?
Old 14th February 2017, 01:16   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Wow, Pricing is too good especially for the SP variant . As far as the base variant goes, Equipment to Equipment wise I feel ZX10R is a better buy than the fireblade. That being said, there is lot more to be considered than just the equipment from a buyers perspective.

I feel that it is the SP variant which is going to be sold in good numbers compared to the regular version. Any idea about the launch date? and when are the deliveries going to start?
I agree that on equipment and Horse Power, ZX10 offers more bang for the buck. However you are again right that it is just half the story.

I would not be surprised to see more SP numbers too. The initial impressions do suggest that it is better on track, which in my opinion was the initial apprehension with track users. It is definitely going to be better on roads.

It was believed that the first generation electronic suspension was not as good as a well tuned regular suspension. Its the duality where they scored. But this generation of electronic suspension should change that.

The deliveries should start from June and I think it will be on order only maybe.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Old 14th February 2017, 01:51   #14
BHPian

Quote:

The deliveries should start from June and I think it will be on order only maybe.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
June will be too late. Ideally if they want to put a dent on Kawasaki sales, they have to start rolling the bikes as soon as possible and keep decent stock levels. The Kawasaki showroom in hyderabad always had all the models in stock except for the mighty H2. I was told that suzuki also planning to launch the GSXR1000 by march first half and same with BMW too. Definitely interesting year ahead, especially considering the rumours of BMW motorcycles being made available at 'irresistible' price
Old 14th February 2017, 03:16   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
June will be too late. Ideally if they want to put a dent on Kawasaki sales, they have to start rolling the bikes as soon as possible and keep decent stock levels. The Kawasaki showroom in hyderabad always had all the models in stock except for the mighty H2. I was told that suzuki also planning to launch the GSXR1000 by march first half and same with BMW too. Definitely interesting year ahead, especially considering the rumours of BMW motorcycles being made available at 'irresistible' price
Yeah, I agree.
This is one hell of an year for Litre Class bikes.

CHEERS!!

Rachit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks