Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 16:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Triumph Bonneville T100 launched at Rs. 7.78 lakh

Triumph has launched the Bonneville T100 in India, at a price of Rs. 7.78 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The T100 is the third bike to be sold under the Bonneville nameplate in the country, after the Street Twin and the T120.

The Bonneville T100 is powered by a 900cc, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin engine that develops 54 BHP @ 5,900 rpm and 80 Nm of torque @ 3,230 rpm. This power mill is mated to a 5-speed gearbox that sends power to the rear wheel through an X-ring chain. The T100 rolls on custom developed Pirelli Phantom Sportscomp tyres.

Features included on the T100 include traction control, ABS, ride-by-wire throttle, torque assist clutch, an LED rear light and engine immobiliser.

The company is also offering 150 accessories to customise the Bonneville T100. These include heated grips, a centre stand and grab rail. Tank bags and panniers too are available for long-distance biking enthusiasts.

The T100 in India will be available in three colours: Aegean Blue & Fusion White with hand painted coach lines, Intense Orange & New England White with hand painted coach lines and Jet Black.

Triumph Bonneville T100 launched at Rs. 7.78 lakh-unnamed.jpg

Triumph Bonneville T100 launched at Rs. 7.78 lakh-unnamed-1.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 18th October 2016 at 16:30.
dZired is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 08:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville T100 launched at Rs. 7.78 lakh

The T100 addresses the issue of equipment that is missing on the Street Twin. The 1200cc is a lot more expensive to consider for those who are only looking for the twin instrument pod and a few other bits, here and there.

Are Triumphs assembled in India?
Old 1st November 2016, 17:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

The T120 costs 10.5x lac OTR in Kerala.
7.78 lac means, it would cost 9.5x or so here too. Almost a lac difference.

Good to see that they have added these goodies in T100 too.
Old 1st November 2016, 18:18   #4
BHPian

I visited showroom last week. HYD On road price for new T100 is 9.85 lacks as on Oct 2016.

Just to hear the sound I started the bike and it sounded better than my T100. Wheel base is shorter and can be easily observed. Exhaust pipes are shorter than mine.

One good thing is they have covered the exhaust pipes with an additional cover pipe which will hide the brownish/blueish look of actual exhaust pipe lies inside. The entire bike exudes build quality and attention to detail (USP of Triumph).

But the T100 is shy by just 75K when compared to it's bigger sibling T120 (On Road is 10.60).

If the prospective buyer can add that additional amount, he will get bigger engine, more torque & BHP, driving modes, heated grips, Seat rear grab rail, DRL and Centre stand as a standard accessory.

My preference would be T120.
PISTONS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 22:16   #5
BHPian

good to see Triumph offering more options to the customers by adding models to the Bonnie lineup. But like PISTONS said above, I would rather spend the meager 75k (relatively) more and get the T120. The additional capacity alone justifies the premium to my head let alone the other bit of kit the tT120 carries.

If money was not a constraint, I would absolutely opt for the Thruxton R. That machine is something else compared to the other Bonnies.
Old 1st November 2016, 23:09   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Pricing the new T100 just 70K lower than the T120 is like shooting themselves in the leg with respect to expecting sales for T100

Even a guy poor in math can figure out that shelling out 70K more would get him a better deal (T120 with a bigger heart and plenty of nice features)

Would be interesting to see the sales of T100 & T120. Both are now priced exorbitantly high and wonder if people are really buying it anymore?

One product that continues to fly of the shelf for Triumph is the Tiger 800
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

Any ownership thread for the new T100?

I am very tempted, but in comparison to T120, is it always that bigger is better?? I was in market for the previous gen bonnie but than the more practical, safer and economical versys 650 came in and forced me into buying one of those. Have been thoroughly enjoying that bike since almost a year, but now slowly the Bonnie itch is coming back. Heart says to try and go for a bonnie for keeping it for ages, but mind says financially i am not yet ready. :(

Had looked at the Street twin, but somehow could not connect to that bike. Now that we have same package in the new T100, the urge is back. Also, at the current retail price, is bonnie highly overpriced? or does it justify the value for the buck? I am in super dilemma and confusion, would have blindly jumped at it if it was around 7otr, but close to 10 is just very very difficult to manage at this point. Intention is to keep the versys 650 for the longer rides and replace the 390 with bonnie for daily commuting to office and chut-put weekend breakfast rides. Any enlightenment via fellow bonnie owners would be most welcome!

Last edited by .anshuman : 23rd December 2016 at 13:02. Reason: Added spaces. Thanks
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 13:58   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post

Had looked at the Street twin, but somehow could not connect to that bike. Now that we have same package in the new T100, the urge is back. Also, at the current retail price, is bonnie highly overpriced? or does it justify the value for the buck? I am in super dilemma and confusion, would have blindly jumped at it if it was around 7otr, but close to 10 is just very very difficult to manage at this point. Intention is to keep the versys 650 for the longer rides and replace the 390 with bonnie for daily commuting to office and chut-put weekend breakfast rides. Any enlightenment via fellow bonnie owners would be most welcome!
Is it just the absence of low down torque in the versys which is forcing you to think this way? Even 7 lakhs is way too much money to put down in a commuter motorcycle. If really keen, there are plenty of used older Bonneville's for sale at 5L or even less if you hunt around a little (Aditya picked up a superb bonnie from a friend of mine). I think prices now will be really for the picking because of all the demonetization issues.

Will you also have time to run to two different service centers to maintain both motorcycles? Atleast with a duke or a sub 2 lakh motorcycle, I know I won't go batshit crazy over a service that will probably cost me under a grand. But having two marquees in my garage - I'll probably be running from one garage to the next every other week-end.

I think you need a dose of enlightenment by the wife =

Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 14:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it just the absence of low down torque in the versys which is forcing you to think this way?
No and Yes. Anyone coming from riding bullets would have naturally drooled over the bonnie or W800 or the likes. I remember (pre 2010) how i wished these bikes would be available in India. Its like having a crush on the retro styled classic bikes. Once the Bonnie was available and i could muster enough courage to actually think about owning it, came the scrambler news. Scrambler made technical sense over the bonnie having better frame, braking, ABS, lightweight, etc. Brand Ducati and scramblers retro looks were equally enticing. At the same time, versys was launched and made most practical sense and gave better equipment.
After riding the versys for a while, the super torquey nature of the new bonnies must definitely be playing at subconscious level. Bonnie is what i am looking at for keeps, and bikes like versys will come and go. Idea is to have two bike, one is adventure touring types and another BONNIE!

Quote:
Even 7 lakhs is way too much money to put down in a commuter motorcycle. If really keen, there are plenty of used older Bonneville's for sale at 5L or even less if you hunt around a little (Aditya picked up a superb bonnie from a friend of mine). I think prices now will be really for the picking because of all the demonetization issues.
Yep, especially after versys, 390 and the likes of Z800, which are good vale for money, the bonnie range is definitely over-priced, i think. :(
Pls dont call it commuter, it hurts!! I am all game for a used one, but would prefer the comfort of some added tech mainly ABS, traction, torque assisted clutch. etc.

Quote:
Will you also have time to run to two different service centers to maintain both motorcycles? Atleast with a duke or a sub 2 lakh motorcycle, I know I won't go batshit crazy over a service that will probably cost me under a grand. But having two marquees in my garage - I'll probably be running from one garage to the next every other week-end.
Difficult but can manage. Low revving engine, so low wear and tear. should have decent service intervals.

Quote:
I think you need a dose of enlightenment by the wife
am scared to even mention this line of thought to her. and thank-you for waking me up!!

Last edited by nasirkaka : 23rd December 2016 at 14:46.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 16:13   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

My two cents on the Bonnie range, sorry if it sounds brutal :

1. Triumph Bonneville (older version) is a fantastic bike and is a keeper. Biggest mistake of my life was to sell it. If money (more than money, if my future plans permits), I will get the old bonnie back in my garage as a second bike

2. T100 : I was never impressed with T100 (except for its super gorgeous looks) as it does not handle as good as the original bonnie.

Besides, newer version with new technology just threw it out of the window in terms of VFM as it now I think retails for 9+ lakhs. Not worth the money

3. T1200 : Who the heck would pay 11-12 lakhs for this machine? It has to be a nut, fella with lot of money or someone totally naive in the motorcycling world

4. Streetwin : Just my personal opinion. It's not worth considering even though it might be a great bike in terms of added technology but, it sacrificed the old world charm of a true bonnie

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th December 2016 at 18:18. Reason: Wrong word choice
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 10:36   #11
BHPian

I totally agree with AVI bhai above and trust me, Outgoing Bonneville is the only bike you will ever need in life.It has got lot many shades if you feel like exploring it's modification capabilities. I am enjoying each and every moment of my ride with my T100. Trust me, this is coming from a guy who owned KTM D390, CRB 250R, shogun, RXZ, CBZ, Rx100.

I would strongly recommend you to blindly pickup a pre worshiped A3 or a T100. You will never regret the moment ever.

Last but not the least, A well maintained Bonneville will serve at-least for 2 generations. Period.
PISTONS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 19:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I totally agree with AVI bhai above and trust me, Outgoing Bonneville is the only bike you will ever need in life.It has got lot many shades if you feel like exploring it's modification capabilities. I am enjoying each and every moment of my ride with my T100. Trust me, this is coming from a guy who owned KTM D390, CRB 250R, shogun, RXZ, CBZ, Rx100.

I would strongly recommend you to blindly pickup a pre worshiped A3 or a T100. You will never regret the moment ever.
Have read on net that both T100 and A3 rides and handles very differently, where most of the reviews have cited the riding and handling of A3 much much superior to the more expensive T100. Any first hand info on this? I have also been keeping an eye on the 'second-hand market' for any exciting deal on the bonnies.
Old 30th December 2016, 11:43   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Have read on net that both T100 and A3 rides and handles very differently, where most of the reviews have cited the riding and handling of A3 much much superior to the more expensive T100. Any first hand info on this? I have also been keeping an eye on the 'second-hand market' for any exciting deal on the bonnies.
Well, my review can get as "first-hand" as it can get as I have owned the Bonnie A3 for 11K kms and have ridden my friend's T100 plenty of times for as much as 200-300kms at one stretch

Take it from me. A3 handles way way better than T100 for sure. Period !!!

But, having said that I'm a finicky person and will give first importance to handling more than any other parameter (second being the power....torque or actual horse power) in a motorcycle and if you are not too finicky then T100 is also pretty good with respect to handling except that the 19" vs. 17" front wheel makes one hell of a difference in handling

With respect to ABS, after getting used to Versys the Bonnie will be little nervous as riding a non-ABS motorcycle will be tough.

Bonnie's stock tyres (Metzelers) are awesome on dry tarmac but, show it little of gravel and it will be all over the place ( I have experienced it many times myself but, thankfully never fell down) and many of my friend's have had a spill due to that.

Comparatively, My V has done 9000kms and I'm yet to experience my "first skid". Touch wood

Cheers and good-luck with your decision making !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 12:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Take it from me. A3 handles way way better than T100 for sure. Period !!!

But, having said that I'm a finicky person and will give first importance to handling more than any other parameter (second being the power....torque or actual horse power) in a motorcycle and if you are not too finicky then T100 is also pretty good with respect to handling except that the 19" vs. 17" front wheel makes one hell of a difference in handling
So inline with what most who have ridden both feel. I loved the A3 when i took it for a test ride. Could instantly connect with the bike. Was riding C5 at that time. Never rode a T100, so no personal experience. Although, i love the more retro looks of T100 with those 19" spoked rims.

Quote:
With respect to ABS, after getting used to Versys the Bonnie will be little nervous as riding a non-ABS motorcycle will be tough.
This is where the thought of Street twin comes in. Head says it makes sense to go for ST as it has ABS, traction and revised frame geometry which had garnished good international review. Plus more torque at lower revs and better mileage even! But somehow cost seems on higher side.

Quote:
Bonnie's stock tyres (Metzelers) are awesome on dry tarmac but, show it little of gravel and it will be all over the place ( I have experienced it many times myself but, thankfully never fell down) and many of my friend's have had a spill due to that.
I had a similar moment during my test ride. I was chasing the showroom guy who was leading on a triple. at one of the corners there was some loose sand/dust and the rear tyre skidded away from the line. Heart in mouth moment. luckily managed to gain control and move on.

Quote:
Comparatively, My V has done 9000kms and I'm yet to experience my "first skid". Touch wood
at 8.5k on the odo, i have started to experience some. Had a scary moment last sunday on the versys with some loose gravel on the road. could be the used tyres.
Quote:
Cheers and good-luck with your decision making !!!
two 2014 model T100 are available in Bangalore for sale, both having around 10k on the odo. one is quoting 6.9 (willing to negotiate a bit to around 6.5) and other guy is quoting 6.5. first bike has good amount of accessories, 2nd one had some basic. Might visit them to check out the bikes but not sure on how much to quote. Would instantly get it if it was around 5.5. Is that asking for too much?

Last edited by nasirkaka : 30th December 2016 at 12:13.
Old 10th June 2022, 09:45   #15
BHPian

New 2021 Triumph Bonneville T100

Harley Davidson Iron 883 was my dream superbike and owning it was one of the best moments and decisions in my life when I bought a new one in the year 2018. From RE Classic 350, moving to a superbike and bigger cruiser was a much natural move. However, few years after riding the mighty Harley beast, the pandemic dropped in shattering all parts, service & supplies availability, and credibility of Harley brand in India. In the late 2020 came the decision of the new global CEO to discontinue Harley Street 750 manufacturing plant in Haryana and exit India. This news was not well received by a huge number of owners and though expected, it did blow a dent. Ownership and maintenance of this bike became more and more painful and thus from this grew the opportunity for the other brands like Triumph, Suzuki, Honda, and Kawasaki to increase their numbers and invite switch ins from Harley. Hero MotoCorp stepped in to continue the legacy of Harley in India, however things were slow. So, till sometime, I decided to retain my dream bike and take help of some local specialized superbike workshops in Mumbai to maintain the bike. Soon realized the consistency in the work and services offered from these workshops is something that comes at a cost of lot of patience and being a city dweller, having time for this was seeming to be more and more unrealistic.

Thus, a new dream emerged of owning a superbike that has a more substantial eco system and all-round accessibility and availability of spares and service. I was also looking for something that is less heaty, comfortable, and easy to ride though in the league of superbikes, so that I can use for office commute as well. While I knew my Harley, I am only going to use for weekend highway rides, but the fear of unavailability of parts and service led me to use it only in city thus make it sometimes unbearable to even ride 15kms at one stretch due to the crazy heat and fatigue she caused.

Triumph and Kawasaki were the two leaders pioneering the superbikes space and appearing as reliable alternatives. Kawasaki had the mean Versys, Z series and then the Vulcan cruiser, however, was not keen on these. Triumph had the Speedmaster cruiser which was a noteworthy upgrade however seemed very low and unfit for our roads. So, knowing cruiser options are very limited in the offerings especially in the 10-12 lakh budget, came to realization let’s try the retro classics. Obviously, first choice was the Bonneville range of Triumph starting from Street Twin to the T120 and bobber. Iron 883 being 900cc, first choice was the T120 which is 1200cc and whooping 80hp and it did prove to be fun, easy to ride and comfortable, however the pricing was something too steep for me during the time I test rode it in the mid of 2021. T100 was again 900cc and this point of time much less powerful and torquey so didn’t even give it a shot.

One common misconception about Bonneville range is that people compare the bikes to RE Interceptor, which I feel is not just as both are completely different offerings at totally varied price points. One is more value for money and the other is more premium, sophisticated, and refined even though they belong to same retro category and look a little identical.

After triumph, thought of considering the Kawa ensemble. The only retro bike they had that time was W800 which did look classy and unique; however, specs were quite underpowered, and pricing was not right due to which it didn’t even pick up in the Indian market. The Kawa showrooms in Mumbai didn’t even have a W800 display bike, forget taking it for a test ride. Then time passed by and came the news of Kawasaki launching the retro version of the Z650. Though just 650cc, specs were quite good. The initial reviews seemed powerful, enticing, and unbelievable for the price it was being sold at. So, the Z650rs got launched in Dec 2021 at 8.3 roughly on road in Mumbai and the test ride bikes were available. Seeing it for the first time felt the superbike feeling is missing, it was quite compact for its segment. Design was also not enticing in real. Took it for a test ride and the bike was good however didn’t get any wow feeling like I had got for my HD or even the Triumph T120. It is a nice respectable bike for its price however I didn’t feel anything special about it. Many people showed interest but didn’t see any bikes on road later. So now back to square one, what do I buy?

In the meantime, had started to approach dealers to buy my Harley which was literally a pain-staking process as the demand for Harleys had gone down and it became a buyers’ market with plenty of choices. Went through dozens of dealers and then finally got a decent and respectable quote.

Triumph had also globally announced the 2021 range which had notable spec improvements in the Bonneville range. T100 was up by 10 bhp more power than its predecessor thus going all the way up to 64hp and 80 nm torque, thus making it seem like an upgrade from HD Iron883 even though same 900cc. The new price in 2022 was 12.61 on road in Mumbai and it was more than my planned budget of 10-11, so thought of it several times before giving it a test.

My dear friend, Ramin at Triumph was kind enough and quite patient to give me a long test drive of the bike and explained me everything about the ownership experiences, service costs and maintenance in detail. I tried this strategy of first trying the street twin which I knew was more aggressive stance for my requirements and then gradually moved to the T100 thus establishing the differences well. T100 was nimble and powerful at the same time, the humongous 15 litre tank instantly gave it a big bike feeling and the torque, wow was something to die for. Even if you don’t zip zap, the initial low-end torque gives you this enthralling experience. The 64hp then comes into play to easily achieve higher speeds without any effort. But the best part of this bike when you ride it slow and easy, the feel is quite impressive, and you want to just cruise and ride with the wind. The fit and finish was spectacular, every inch of the bike was well thought and designed. The riding stance is quite comfortable with the back upright and wide handlebar. Thought of it as a perfect partner for city as well as highway rides, so basically an all-rounder which led me to go for it.

Triumph Bonneville T100 launched at Rs. 7.78 lakh-img20220521wa0005.jpg

Triumph Bonneville T100 launched at Rs. 7.78 lakh-20220514_175421.jpg

Within two weeks had the bike in hand with basic accessories like main stand (is a good buy for cleaning chain), grab rail and crash guard fitted. Bike was a glooming red and white classic retro catch. I have now been using the bike for daily commute to work and it has proved to be a delight, engine heat is negligible and even in the crowded lanes of BKC, the bike seems to maneuver easily without any fuss. It’s the perfect city bike to make your boring office commute interesting and something to look forward to everyday.

Harley always had its awe moments especially since I rode it to many places outside of Maharashtra, the regular Sunday breakfast rides, and the sheer companionship from the brotherhood HOG. She will always remain a pleasant chapter in my memories. Now looking forward to creating new moments with my new Triumph Bonneville T100!

Triumph Bonneville T100 launched at Rs. 7.78 lakh-20220607_152304.jpg
WheelJack is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks