Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2017, 11:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Limited-edition Ducati Diavel Diesel launched

Ducati has launched a limited edition Diavel Diesel worldwide and it is available in India as well. There are going to be only 666 numbers available and each of the vehicle will be numbered.

Quoting from the source :

Quote:
The Diavel Diesel is made unique by details in hand-brushed steel with visible welds and rivets, like the tank cover, the headlight fairing and the passenger seat cover. The visible welds also appear on the anodised black side conveyors with a red methacrylate centre cover bearing an embedded Diesel logo. The red colour is also found on the LCD instrument panel, the front brake callipers and five chain links. The pipes of the exhaust system feature a Zircotec black ceramic coating. The silencers with billet endcaps are also black.
Source : Ducati
Link : http://diaveldiesel.ducati.com/en_ww...944.1485752979

Few pics :

Limited-edition Ducati Diavel Diesel launched-1zoom.jpeg

Limited-edition Ducati Diavel Diesel launched-1.jpeg

Limited-edition Ducati Diavel Diesel launched-2.jpeg

Limited-edition Ducati Diavel Diesel launched-3.jpeg

Limited-edition Ducati Diavel Diesel launched-4.jpeg

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 28th March 2017 at 11:24.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 14:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Limited-edition Ducati Diavel Diesel launched

Was a good conversation starter in the office yesterday, with people excited about the return of diesel engines in bikes, ever since the glorious old days of the RE Taurus.

Some of them were shocked by the price, but none really did seem to think about the possibility of it being brand "Diesel" instead.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 18:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was a good conversation starter in the office yesterday, with people excited about the return of diesel engines in bikes, ever since the glorious old days of the RE Taurus.

Some of them were shocked by the price, but none really did seem to think about the possibility of it being brand "Diesel" instead.
Haha tell me about it. Even I though of it being the return of Diesel engine and was surprised to see it on an Italian bike of all!
Old 28th March 2017, 19:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Haha tell me about it. Even I though of it being the return of Diesel engine and was surprised to see it on an Italian bike of all!
Same here!
I wont be surprised if fuel attendants turn up asking petrol or diesel saar, looking at the Diesel decal/stickers.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 20:26   #5
BHPian

For a moment, I thought its gonna feature a Diesel motor and in the time gap when the page was loading, was even wondering if they would have added a turbo and whether it would be a common rail system.

I wonder who would be the lucky owner of the 666th vehicle. It can most aptly be named the 'Number of the Beast'.
racer_ash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 20:51   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Italians love making diesels - Fiat

Additionally, Ducati is now owned by VW AG, probably they are trying to dispose off 666 emission plagued diesel engines this way.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 08:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post

Additionally, Ducati is now owned by VW AG, probably they are trying to dispose off 666 emission plagued diesel engines this way.
Actually this is the same petrol engine doing duty as on Diavel. The bike was a result of collaboration between the Ducati Design Centre and Andrea Rosso, Diesel Licensing Creative Director and its mostly to do with the changes in the look of the vehicle than anything else.
Old 11th October 2017, 22:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Limited-edition Ducati Diavel Diesel launched

Ducati diavel priced at 21.72 lakhs (ex-showroom pan India) and deliveries have commenced in India.

Source: Diavel Diesel

I am skeptical with the price as the source says 21.72 lakhs as well as 19.22 lakhs.
Old 15th October 2017, 11:54   #9
BHPian

Re: Limited-edition Ducati Diavel Diesel launched

Oh my god, this thing actually has the potential to scare a few people just with its looks if you come across it on a moonless foggy night. That first picture makes it look like Satan will be emerging from the smoke at any moment, clad in full riding gear!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks