Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2017, 23:20   #16
BHPian

Congos on your new ride Vishnu ... When i was out to get a ride this year, i too had shortlisted the scrambler and the versys as my final 2 choices but for me my mind won over my heart.

Wish you many many happy miles on your new ride and congrats once again.
indrokneel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 09:36   #17
BHPian

Re: My Red Ducati Scrambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrokneel View Post
Congos on your new ride Vishnu ... When i was out to get a ride this year, i too had shortlisted the scrambler and the versys as my final 2 choices but for me my mind won over my heart.

Wish you many many happy miles on your new ride and congrats once again.
Thank you
With those two options its always a heart vs mind battle.
Congrats on the Versys, its a great touring machine.
Old 20th December 2017, 14:46   #18
BHPian

Sometime back I got this message from Ducati Service with subject line reading "Recall XXX"

" This is to inform you that your DUCATI SCRAMBLER needs to be installed with new side stand bolts. These bolts are reinforced for higher strength and stability for side stand.This is being initiated from HQ to avoid any damage to your motor bike when at side stand."

I was pleasantly surprised after reading this, as I have never heard of such recalls before. Ducati was recalling bikes to fix an issue which could come up with the 'Side stand'. Never imagined of such a thing.

I did visit the Service Station to get this installed and as usual it was a simple & quick affair. I have not been able to digest that a manufacturer like Ducati, is recalling bikes for an issue with the side stand. However to me from an user perspective that brings in a lot of confidence in Ducati. My perception is, if they are recalling for a 'side stand', they wouldn't be leaving other things unattended.
Vishnuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 22:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnuk View Post
Sometime back I got this message from Ducati Service with subject line reading "Recall XXX"

I was pleasantly surprised after reading this, as I have never heard of such recalls before. Ducati was recalling bikes to fix an issue which could come up with the 'Side stand'. Never imagined of such a thing.

\
Congratulations on your scrambler Vishnu, we should all ride out sometime.

MTS also received a radiator hose replacement recall sometime back. Yet to get it done though!
Old 21st December 2017, 09:57   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Vishnu : Congrats on the Scrambler....Looks like it's raining Ducs on the forum now after Kawasaki...We need Triumph now in the mix to break the pattern

Bring it on new Triumph owners !!!

Nice crisp review and some of those corner carvings on the bull is amazing

Look forward to your updates as you enjoy this ownership

Ride safe and have fun
Old 21st December 2017, 12:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Congratulations on your scrambler Vishnu, we should all ride out sometime.
Thank you. Definitely we all should ride out sometime or we will probably meet in one of the DOC rides, let's see how it works out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Vishnu : Congrats on the Scrambler....
Nice crisp review and some of those corner carvings on the bull is amazing
Ride safe and have fun
Thank you. As mentioned in my review I was following your Versys thread quite keenly, before I bought the Scrambler
Vishnuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 14:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post

MTS also received a radiator hose replacement recall sometime back. Yet to get it done though!
I got mine replaced. Check with VST if they have stock of the same and get it done too. Its just a preventive recall. No failures have been reported anywhere in the world.

Quote:
Thank you. Definitely we all should ride out sometime or we will probably meet in one of the DOC rides, let's see how it works out

Welcome to the Ducati world (Doc Bengaluru - www.docblr.com) Vishnu. Keep an eye on the DOC WA chats for updates on rides and events. This being the year end may / may not have rides on the weekend as people may be away etc. But look out for stuff to come in the coming year!
Old 26th December 2017, 10:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Welcome to the Ducati world (Doc Bengaluru - www.docblr.com) Vishnu. Keep an eye on the DOC WA chats for updates on rides and events. This being the year end may / may not have rides on the weekend as people may be away etc. But look out for stuff to come in the coming year!
Thanks Shubz.
I did ride out with DOC sometime back, will definitely join in for more rides in the coming year.
Old 6th May 2019, 09:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hello Vishnu,

Nice review, but you have not updated the thread post Dec/17? how has the journey been so far with the Scrambler?

My friend is looking to buy a Scrambler but is apprehensive about the Ducati maintenance.

Any inputs on this regard from you/ and other Ducati/Scrambler owners will be of great help.

Thanks!
Old 6th May 2019, 13:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Hello Vishnu,

Nice review, but you have not updated the thread post Dec/17? how has the journey been so far with the Scrambler?
One of the reasons I have not updated the thread is, that the journey has been thankfully uneventful so far. It's a great ride to have, you don't have to worry about road conditions before you head out on a ride, it can easily handle dirt roads (not hardcore off roading) , ghats and expressways.

In the last 5k kms it's been with me, its gone to service station only for regular servicing. I have taken it on quite a few long rides and its never let me down. Ducati service in Bangalore is very decent, been there for 3 services haven't had any issues with them so far.

The only issue some owners I know, faced was with the clutch and it's known to happen if the clutch setting is not done properly. Though not a reliability problem , one aspect you would need to consider is the heat. It can get a bit unbearable for both the pillion and rider, if you are in stop and go traffic for more than 5 minutes. Try taking it for a test ride during peak hour traffic and you will know what I am talking about. You won't feel the heat on the highways / even if you a get small piece of open road, though. If you are okay with it, there are no other issues that one needs to worry about
Old 7th May 2019, 12:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of the reasons I have not updated the thread is, that the journey has been thankfully uneventful so far.
Good thread. no news is good news in case of these Italian beauties.

by the way, do you still have the RD lying around at home ?
Old 7th May 2019, 15:40   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Good thread. no news is good news in case of these Italian beauties
by the way, do you still have the RD lying around at home ?
Thank you.
Looks like you missed the part in the first thread, about the RD being given off to a friend
Old 6th June 2019, 22:08   #28
BANNED

Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised after reading this, as I have never heard of such recalls before. Ducati was recalling bikes to fix an issue which could come up with the 'Side stand'. Never imagined such a thing.
Recalls are like a double-edged sword. While someone like you might gain confidence in a manufacturer for voluntarily fixing a problem for free, I find them problematic. I believe that there was a problem left in the product in the first place when they sold it to me. Clearly a process/QA/ethics issue.

Sometimes, manufacturers also mention a minor issue for which they want to recall the motorcycle while behind the scenes, they could be fixing a fatal error, to defuse a potential PR disaster before it detonates.
Old 6th June 2019, 22:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Just picked up a barely used Desert Sled @ Bangalore. Would love to share notes on what all replacements have been done officially. Its such a joy to ride. I had missed the freedom of swinging a leg over and simply riding out.

Giving my RD to a good friend to use after my son objected very violently to the suggestion of selling it.

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th June 2019 at 22:33.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks