Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 17:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

2018 Honda Gold Wing launched at Rs. 26.85 lakh

Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has launched the 2018 Honda Gold Wing in India. The bike will be available in two variants – Gold Wing and Gold Wing Tour with prices starting from Rs. 26.85 lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi).

2018 Honda Gold Wing launched at Rs. 26.85 lakh-2018-gold-wing-tour-side-right-profile.jpg

The 2018 Honda Gold Wing was unveiled back in October 2017. The bike has a wheelbase of 1,694 mm, while the seat height is set at 744 mm. The Gold Wing comes with a 21 litre fuel tank and its kerb weight is 378 kg.

The 2018 model gets a revised dash with a 7-inch LCD display with Apple CarPlay connectivity – a first on a motorcycle. It comes with an electronically adjustable windshield and full-LED headlights with auto-cancelling LED turn signals. The bodywork features air guiding ducts that channel air away from the rider. Storage options include two 30-litre saddlebags and an additional 50-litre topcase which is available on the Gold Wing Tour.

2018 Honda Gold Wing launched at Rs. 26.85 lakh-2018-gold-wing-side-right-profile.jpg

The 2018 Gold Wing is the world’s first bike to use a double-wishbone front suspension, while the rear gets an electronically adjustable shock absorber with 4 settings. It comes equipped with dual 320 mm front discs and a single 316 mm disc brake at the rear. ABS is standard while it also comes with a dual-combined braking system (D-CBS) which distributes braking forced to the front and rear wheels.

The new model is powered by a reworked 1,833cc, horizontally-opposed flat 6-cylinder engine which produces 125 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and a peak torque of 170 Nm @ 4,500 rpm. The engine is paired with Honda’s 3rd generation 7-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) which comes with a low-speed “walking” mode and a reverse gear.

The Gold Wing has throttle-by-wire (TBW) and has 4 riding modes – Tour, Sport, Econ and Rain that manage the Honda selectable torque control (HSTC) and suspension damping. Honda has also included a new Hills Start Assist function on the 2018 Gold Wing.

Other features include cruise control, smart key for ignition and luggage, idling stop/start and an integrated starter generator (ISG) for quieter start-ups.

Bookings will be handled only by Honda’s exclusive Wing World sales & service outlets in Delhi and Mumbai.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 17:49   #2
BHPian

Re: 2018 Honda Gold Wing launched at Rs. 26.85 lakh

Jesus! It’s a car on two wheels. Why not just buy a great car instead? (Don’t give me that wind in the hair argument). Would definitely prefer an actual car than a bike that’s trying hard to be a car.

But despite this if I still want a bike, would rather go with Indian!
The Brutailer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 20:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The 2018 Gold Wing is the world’s first bike to use a double-wishbone front suspension, while the rear gets an electronically adjustable shock absorber with 4 settings.
Wasn't double wishbone up front in a bike introduced by BMW?
Old 5th December 2017, 21:42   #4
BHPian

Does the 2018 Gold Wing not come with an airbag, because IIRC, the previous generation did.
Old 5th December 2017, 21:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Wasn't double wishbone up front in a bike introduced by BMW?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...uspension.html

A post from 2011 on the same ! I think they had engineered it a bit differently and havent seen them saying that its the world's first. More than 20 years ago when I was in US one my colleagues had this bike and he and his wife used to cruise real long distances. It was so huge with so many controls for a bike that nothing else surprised me in cars !

Last edited by srishiva : 5th December 2017 at 22:04.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 11:24   #6
BHPian

I had posted this question in the CB radio thread, but it might be missed by bike enthusiasts, hence posting here too.

I wonder if the Goldwing's CB radio will be compliant with Indian CB radio regulations. Or, will Honda quietly disable CB radio functionality completely and just give us dummy buttons for India?

Cheers
Old 7th January 2018, 21:57   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
(Don’t give me that wind in the hair argument).
As we bikers would like to say, four wheels will move you. Two wheels will move your soul. But then you don't want to hear that and you prefer a car. So please do opt for a car.
Develish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 23:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quite an upgrade over the older model. Redesigned flat 6 engine, upgraded suspension, sleeker,lighter and loaded with touring friendly tech. Long distance cruising has never been more comfortable. Not my kind of machine but for the target audience this is right there at the top.

@Brutailer - This bike is not trying hard to become a car. It can never be, it does not want to be. What you have here is what is called the very niche luxury touring market. And with this new model Honda is trying to shift its focus on to a younger demographic.

Last edited by bigron : 7th January 2018 at 23:34.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks