Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2018, 15:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India

Ducati has launched the Multistrada 1260 range in India. The introductory price of the base variant is Rs. 15.99 lakh, while the 1260 S costs Rs. 18.06 lakh (ex-showroom).

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-multistrada-1260s.jpg

The Multistrada 1260 range is based on an updated steel trellis frame. Compared to the Multistrada 1200, the steering angle has been increased by 1 degree and the swingarm length has gone up by 48 mm. In terms of styling, the 1260 range looks similar to the 1200. The bikes feature a beak with two vents, twin headlights and an adjustable screen. They have a split seat and side-mounted twin-exhausts, while the suspension setup comprises of telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear.

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-multistrada-1260-s-action-03_uc34973_preview.jpg

The 1260 S gets a 5.0-inch colour TFT display, full LED headlights with cornering lights and has the Ducati Multimedia System (DMS) with Bluetooth connectivity. It allows the rider to connect the bike to a smartphone to receive incoming calls, text notifications or play music via the handlebar control.

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-13-multistrada-1260-s_uc34891_high.jpg

The 1260 range is powered by a 1,262 cc, L-twin cylinder engine that delivers 156 BHP @ 9,750 rpm and a peak torque of 129 Nm @ 7,500 rpm. The engine features a Ride-by-Wire system and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) is available on the 1260 S. Braking is handled by twin 320 mm discs with 4-piston calipers at the front and a 265 mm disc at the rear. The 1260 S gets 330 mm front discs and a 265 mm rotor at the rear. Both variants get Bosch Cornering ABS.

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-17-multistrada-1260-s_uc34887_high.jpg

Other standard features include Vehicle Hold Control (VHC), Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC), Cruise Control, backlit handlebar switches, riding modes and power modes. Service interval for the bikes is 30,000 km for the major service with the engine oil change interval set at 15,000 km.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 17:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

I am too lazy to put a dedicated ownership thread - so i thought i will hijack this instead.

In-short - i got the new 2018 Multistrada 2016 S delivered on 7th July. From what i have been told - i am the first owner of this bike in south India. I used to ride a Z900 before this and this is quite an upgrade.

In last 2 weeks - i completed 1000km and got the first service done today. Bill came up to 9k odd which is fairly decent for a premium brand like Ducati.

Here are some pics.

So far so good :-)

Accesories added & Planned

1. SW-Motech Center Stand (installed)
2. Evotech Radiator Guard (installed)
3. SW-Motech Engine Crash Bars (ordered)
4. Ducati Carbon Tank Pad (ordered)
5. Ceramic Coating (completed)
6. R&G Front Axle Sliders (ordered)
7. PUIG Smoked touring windscreen (ordered)
8. Givi Tank Flange & Tank Bag (ordered)

I still havent decided on the panniers - Ducati OEM ABS panniers are a cool 82k !! Will probably decide by October.

Otherwise the bike is a beast - you feel like you are sitting in a sofa and riding. The amount of torque & power is staggering - during the run-in i was limited to 5.5k rpm and the bike hits 175kmph @ 5.5k rpm in 6th gear.
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-whatsapp-image-20180708-18.24.13.jpeg  

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-whatsapp-image-20180721-08.01.40.jpeg  

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-whatsapp-image-20180715-08.40.21.jpeg  

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-whatsapp-image-20180714-13.36.48.jpeg  

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-whatsapp-image-20180707-13.15.03.jpeg  

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-whatsapp-image-20180707-13.28.56.jpeg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd July 2018 at 09:34. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 08:29   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Otherwise the bike is a beast - you feel like you are sitting in a sofa and riding. The amount of torque & power is staggering - during the run-in i was limited to 5.5k rpm and the bike hits 175kmph @ 5.5k rpm in 6th gear.

Thanks for the quick review and belated congratulations for your bike. What would be the top five positives and negatives of the Multistrada? Do you face any heating issues?
Old 25th September 2018, 11:20   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In-short - i got the new 2018 Multistrada 2016 S delivered on 7th July.
Wow! Congratulations.

I'm a bit surprised though - from your earlier posts, didnt think you were a tourer guy. And also you only recently bought the Z900. So made triggered the purchase decision?

Any rides done / planned? Looks like there is more than a couple of Bangalore based Ducatistas in Team-Bhp.

Quote:
I am too lazy to put a dedicated ownership thread - so i thought i will hijack this instead.
Please do create one.
Old 1st October 2018, 10:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Wow! Congratulations.

I'm a bit surprised though - from your earlier posts, didnt think you were a tourer guy. And also you only recently bought the Z900. So made triggered the purchase decision?

Any rides done / planned? Looks like there is more than a couple of Bangalore based Ducatistas in Team-Bhp.
Thanks :-) I dont really have a concrete reason on why i upgraded to Multi within 6 months of Z900 ownership

Having said that - i am insanely more comfortable on the Multi than i was on the Z. Maybe that's because of total lack of wind blast & the suite of electronics. Even when i was test riding/renting out bikes before the Z - the bike on which i felt most at home was the Tiger - but i ruled it out as i thought it was too expensive at the time (LOL) & it lacked the punch which Z/Striple had.

I ride almost every weekend - completed 4.5k kms in 2 months now. Longest i have been to is Chikamagalur for a weekend getaway - otherwise 300-400km on sunday morning with my Z group which also have a few BHPians in it.

BTW we should plan a T-BHP Bangalore ride in the holiday season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Thanks for the quick review and belated congratulations for your bike. What would be the top five positives and negatives of the Multistrada? Do you face any heating issues?
Thanks !! Here is an attempt to answer your question -

Positives -

1. Engine - I cant say enough superlatives about the engine. It has crazy amount of power and torque. Any gear any speed - just wring open the throttle and it goes like a rocket-ship.

2. Electronic Rider Aids - It has almost every rider aid you can think of - ABS, Cornering ABS, Traction Control, Wheelie Control (!!), Engine Power Modes, Riding Modes. Plus all of them are fully customizable. This gives a lot of confidence even in all sort of conditions you face - bad roads, bad weather etc

3. Sky-hook electronic Suspension - Totally customizable with a push of a few buttons, feels like you are riding on a carpet. It gives enough feedback from the roads when ridden enthusiastically and absorbs most of potholes, bad roads & minor speed humps from you.

4. Rider Ergonomics - Extremely relaxed riding position. Coupled with the fact that you feel like you are sitting "in" the bike rather than "on" the bike. For someone like me who didnt have a whole lot of recent riding experience - this makes it better. I tried sitting on a friend's MV F3 and i was so uncomfortable with the feeling on riding on top of a motorcycle

5. Looks - Well - its a Ducati. Need i say anything else

Dislikes / Negatives

1. Heat - The engine does heat up quite a lot in city traffic. Once you are stopped at a signal or bumper to bumper traffic - in no time the temps jump to 103/104 and you feel the heat on your thighs. Having said that - once you start moving it quickly drops down to 98-97. At cruising speeds on the highway - the engine temps are 72-75 which is lower than a Z800 at similiar speeds.

2. Gearbox - While the quickshifter is a boon -the shift quality has a scope for improvement. I do get false neutrals once in a while especially when shifting from 5th to 6th - need to get it checked.

3. Weight - The bike weighs a whopping 230kgs wet. Coupled with the fact that its a tall bike - it makes it not an easy task to manouvere at low speeds inside the city. However again like engine heat - once you are on the move - you totally forget the weight and can throw it around like a naked bike.

4. Accessory pricing - Everything for this bike comes with a Ducati tax - whether you buy it from Ducati or third-party.

5. Sound - If you like a inline-4, it will not sound very sweet to your ears. Initially i didnt like the sound but now i am slowly falling for the V-twin rumble. A termignoni full system exhaust is planned - lets see
ethanhunt123 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 18:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks :-) I dont really have a concrete reason on why i upgraded to Multi within 6 months of Z900 ownership

Dislikes / Negatives

1. Heat - The engine does heat up quite a lot in city traffic. Once you are stopped at a signal or bumper to bumper traffic - in no time the temps jump to 103/104 and you feel the heat on your thighs. Having said that - once you start moving it quickly drops down to 98-97. At cruising speeds on the highway - the engine temps are 72-75 which is lower than a Z800 at similiar speeds.

Congratulations, even though belated.

I didn't knew about this thread. Really missed this first hand review, that too from a team-bhp member. Thanks once again.

Went through numerous reviews about 1260S online and just now found this link through google.

Is heat really a issue. Yes I do felt it. Was on jeans and normal woodland shoes on TD. I normally ride fully kitted up, riding pants and full size boots. Will I feel the heat in city? Is it bearable or unbearable?

Z800 also heats upto 102 under stop-go traffic, but it is bearable.

Also don't remember, read somewhere, ducati recommends using quickshifter above 5000 rpm. is it so?

Last edited by Vasuki : 26th November 2018 at 18:35.
Old 26th November 2018, 18:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Congratulations, even though belated.
Thanks !

Quote:
Is heat really a issue. Yes I do felt it. Was on jeans and normal woodland shoes on TD. I normally ride fully kitted up, riding pants and full size boots. Will I feel the heat in city? Is it bearable or unbearable?
Nope - i havent faced heat issue in riding pants/boots even in bad traffic. In jeans - yes you will realise the heat in B2B traffic sometimes. Max temp i have seen in bad bangalore traffic is 104 but it quickly cools down when you are back on the move.

Quote:
Also don't remember, read somewhere, ducati recommends using quickshifter above 5000 rpm. is it so?
Nothing like it. But yes the QS is a little clunky sometimes between 5 & 6.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 02:15   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

In-short - i got the new 2018 Multistrada 2016 S delivered on 7th July. From what i have been told - i am the first owner of this bike in south India. I used to ride a Z900 before this and this is quite an upgrade.

Congrats man and enjoy the beast. I have been on a few long rides with the Ducatis - the MTS has incredible presence.

We have similar stories. I used a 765 street triple S for exactly a year and flipped it for a Tiger XRX because my heart was always in an ADV.

Ridden 850 kms in just 20 days where in comparison my street triple had done about 2800 kms in 12 months!!
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 14:04   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks !
That thing is massive!

Do you plan any offroad with it at all?

Saw a youtube video of a guy (Sunil Gurkha) in Bangalore riding his multi enduro around at Big Rock, and he certainly seemed to be having a bloody tough time compared to what the trails looked like.

Last edited by Red Liner : 27th November 2018 at 14:15.
Old 27th November 2018, 14:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
That thing is massive!

Do you plan any offroad with it at all?

Saw a Youtube video of a guy (Sunil Gurkha) in Bangalore riding his multi enduro around at Big Rock, and he certainly seemed to be having a bloody tough time compared to what the trails looked like.
No sir - no offroading for me. I bought it primarily to ride on highways and paved roads - with a few occasional broken asphalt thrown in.

Sunil rides a Multi Enduro - that thing dwarfs even the regular Multi. As an online reviewer said - Multi Enduro vs Regular Multi is like comparing a Bomber to a Fighter
Old 8th January 2019, 09:08   #11
BHPian

Quote:

1. SW-Motech Center Stand (installed)
2. Evotech Radiator Guard (installed)
3. SW-Motech Engine Crash Bars (ordered)
4. Ducati Carbon Tank Pad (ordered)
6. R&G Front Axle Sliders (ordered)
7. PUIG Smoked touring windscreen (ordered)
8. Givi Tank Flange & Tank Bag (ordered)
Can you please give details of the costs involved in procuring each above items and from where & how did you source it?

BTW how is the machine. How do you find the service offered @ Ducati Bangalore?

I had PM'd you earlier but was unable to reach you. Please do send the mobile number as I'm actively considering to take the plunge.
Old 8th January 2019, 15:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please give details of the costs involved in procuring each above items and from where & how did you source it?

BTW how is the machine. How do you find the service offered @ Ducati Bangalore?
1. SW-Motech Center Stand - ~20k (Bigbadbikes www.bigbadbikes.com)
2. Evotech Radiator Guard ~ 5.5K + 2.5k (customs) - (Evotech directly https://evotech-performance.com)
3. SW-Motech Engine Crash Bars - ~22k (Bigbadbikes)
4. Ducati Carbon Tank Pad - $50 (eBay USA)
6. R&G Front Axle Sliders - $50 (Revzilla)
7. PUIG Smoked touring windscreen - $93 (eBay USA)
8. Givi Tank Flange & Tank Bag - ~SGD 180 (picked from Givi Singapore Dealer)

US stuff was hand carried by a friend. I love the machine - have already done close to ~9K kms in 7 months of ownership. Ducati Bangalore has a nice set of knowledgeable chaps in the service centre - quite happy with the service so far.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 21:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

Found this clearance offer on Ducati India insta feed; chance to avail benefits upto Rs. 2,00,000 on select Ducati models.

Ducati Multistrada 1260, 1260 S launched in India-ducatioffer.jpg

This isn't most relevant thread, however this thread is most recently commented Ducati thread, hence posting here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks