Team-BHP - EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/203459-eicma-2018-yamaha-unveils-all-new-t-n-r-700-a.html)

Yamaha has taken the covers off the all new Ténéré 700 at an exclusive pre-EICMA event held at Milan. Tenere 700 is Yamaha's adventure tourer in the middleweight segment and is claimed to be a "lightweight, go-anywhere, adventure touring motorcycle".

EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700-2019yamahaxtz700eupower_blackaction00803.jpg

Yamaha claims that all the testing performed on their Ténéré 700 World Raid concept has culminated in this final production version -

Quote:

Ténéré 700 World Raid: Tested to the extreme

The first sign that Yamaha was developing a new Adventure Touring motorcycle came with the launch of the T7 concept in 2016. Displayed at motorcycle shows all over the world, it created immense interest and gave riders a taste of what was to come. In 2017 Yamaha introduced the Ténéré 700 World Raid prototype that was one step closer to the final production specification.

Since then, the Ténéré 700 World Raid prototype has undergone an intensive world tour in various key locations all over the globe. During this development phase, the bike was subjected to the most extreme testing in hostile terrain and severe climatic conditions.

Piloted by a team of professional riders including multi Dakar winner Stéphane Peterhansel and Official Yamalube Yamaha Rally Team riders Adrien van Beveren and Rodney Faggoter, the World Raid prototype was pushed to its limits across the globe, from Australia's unforgiving outback to the brutal South American deserts.

While accounting for thousands of hours of testing on the development bikes, the Ténéré 700 World Raid program also showcased the design of the motorcycle to many hundreds of local riders who were invited to give Yamaha their valuable input and help shape the final production model.
EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700-2019yamahaxtz700eupower_blackaction00303.jpg

Ténéré 700 features a rally-bred T7-inspired Adventure Touring design.

EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700-2019yamahaxtz700eupower_blackstatic00203.jpg

Built on an all-new lightweight double cradle tubular steel frame that makes it ideally suited to a variety of riding conditions. Featuring a compact 1,590mm wheelbase and a slim body, and with 240mm of ground clearance, the Ténéré 700 is designed to help its rider conquer the roughest terrain.

EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700-2019yamahaxtz700eupower_blackaction00403.jpg

The bike measures 2,365mm in length, 915mm in width, 1,590mm in wheelbase and has a seat height of 880mm. Fuel tank capacity is 16 litres.

EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700-2019yamahaxtz700eupower_blackkeyvisual00104.jpg

The new Ténéré 700 comes equipped with a distinctive looking 4-LED headlight assembly that is a direct spin-off from Yamaha's latest factory rally bikes and the T7 concept machine.

EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700-2019yamahaxtz700eupower_blackdetail00403_tablet.jpg

Powered by a 689cc parallel twin engine that produces a peak power output of 73bhp@9000rpm and 68Nm@6500rpm of torque.

EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700-2019yamahaxtz700eupower_blackdetail00103_tablet.jpg

Front end features 43mm USD forks with 210mm of suspension travel, while the rear end features a link-type suspension with 200mm of suspension travel and a remote preload adjuster. Gets a 90/90 R21 front end, with a 150/70 R18 rear - both with spoked wheels and Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tyres.

EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700-2019yamahaxtz700eupower_blackdetail00503_tablet.jpg

The multi-function LCD display features two trip meters and comprehensive information including gear position, fuel level, estimated fuel range, average and instant fuel consumption. The braking system consists of dual 282mm wave-style front discs and a 245mm wave-style rear disc, and ABS is switchable for off-road conditions -

EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700-2019yamahaxtz700eupower_blackdetail00703_tablet.jpg

When it goes on sale in the second half of 2019, the Ténéré 700 goes up against the much anticipated KTM 790 Adventure. USA will be getting the bike only in the second half of 2020, and there are no indications of an India launch yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNiz6DxNPUA

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4490658)
Featuring a compact 1,590mm wheelbase and a slim body, and with 240mm of ground clearance, the Ténéré 700 is designed to help its rider conquer the roughest terrain...

...or normal indian roads lol:

The bike looks absolutely fantastic! Offcourse Yamaha will never launch it here or it may come with some insane pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timuseravan (Post 4490735)
Or normal indian roads

That 880mm seat height will surely raise a lot of questions in the Indian market. :D That will require a lot of skill for the average Indian height.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdfVMLZ9cE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vALENmTPHg

Is this bike even an option for 5'7 to 6' people. It looks like its made for 6ft+ . Does anyone know of any 'short' people who ride a tenere?

Is it me or the bike looks a lot similar like RE Himalayan modified by Wrench Kings? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_angry (Post 4618048)
Is it me or the bike looks a lot similar like RE Himalayan modified by Wrench Kings? stupid:

Wrench kings have amply used the tenere as inspiration.

Not the other way around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plain.vanilla (Post 4616824)
Is this bike even an option for 5'7 to 6' people. It looks like its made for 6ft+ . Does anyone know of any 'short' people who ride a tenere?

Gaston Rahier , height - 5'3" ...the shortest Dakar rally winner ever.

Imo people from 5'10 onwards can easily tip toe on both feet while the shorter ones can on one foot atleast. But, reaching the ground is one thing and being able to ride off-road is whole different ballgame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_angry (Post 4618048)

What is this thing?. Looks like it rammed onto a minion and the minion got stuck onto the top of the bike.

And the most awaited review is finally here

https://youtu.be/_u7qUlIPueU

New Yamaha Super Tenere 700, now that looks straight out of Rallye Dakar. I could've never imagined a manufacturer offering a motorcycle very close to Dakar rally spec motorcycles minus some features. For once I thought this is a Dakar rally replica bike from Yamaha. No wonder with inputs from Monsieur Dakar Stephane Peterhansel the bike for sure can take some beating and will be ideal for ADV purists. It is great to know that Yamaha listened to the inputs of professional and local riders alike to develop this motorcycle and it shows in the motorcycles' design.

However it doesn't have any electronics aids like riding modes, TC, SC, etc.(compared to KTM 790 ADV) but does have ABS which is switchable. As Yamaha Super Tenere 700 misses electronics aids it is speculated to be cheaper than its counterpart KTM 790 ADV.

This is a proper ADV tool bike for ADV/cross country touring. The power and torque figures look decent and so does the weight management and overall dynamics. Only fly in the ointment is will Yamaha offer this in India? If yes, then KTM 790 ADV will have some competition. YES YAMAHA!

FortNine's review of the Ténéré 700. Top notch editing and cinematography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WJvQqeQpe8

Hope this bike sees the light in our country. I will be very tempted to part with my hard earned for this machine. Has just the right amount of electronics for me and from the reviews that are out there seems like a comfortable and capable all-rounder.

Please wake up from your slumber Yamaha India and see what a big slice of pie you are be missing out on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp (Post 4836883)
Hope this bike sees the light in our country. I will be very tempted to part with my hard earned for this machine. Has just the right amount of electronics for me and from the reviews that are out there seems like a comfortable and capable all-rounder.

Please wake up from your slumber Yamaha India and see what a big slice of pie you are be missing out on.

They are struggling to serve the global market with this bike, no chance ever that this bike will make it to India. Yamaha India has really lost the plot, why can't they just follow Honda or Suzuki is dropping their hot options into the Indian market as a CKD. They have a full fledged factory for god sakes.

This is what happens when you have accountants running things...and not a motorcycle aficionado.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 4836907)
They are struggling to serve the global market with this bike, no chance ever that this bike will make it to India. Yamaha India has really lost the plot, why can't they just follow Honda or Suzuki is dropping their hot options into the Indian market as a CKD. They have a full fledged factory for god sakes.

This is what happens when you have accountants running things...and not a motorcycle aficionado.

Yep. Sad but true. I guess it has'nt landed even in the US...are all the reviews from canada ?
And where is this bike made? Japan? If they can make it in Thailand wee might have a fat chance of getting one. I think mt-07 is made there but not sure.

Japs have always given us Indians the step motherly treatment. They're only changing their ways after the Euros barged in. I think its more a case of pensioners running the show than accountants at Yamaha India.

anywho I think i'll go pay the ktm dealer a visit this monday after the lockdown ends here. Try out the 390adv. My only grouse is i'll have two bikes with the same engine. Well, Beggars cant be too picky.