Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2018, 13:16   #1
BHPian

End of an era: Suzuki Hayabusa's production to be stopped due to Euro 4 norms

As per the latest report on Rushlane, yet another legend in the superbike scene, the mighty Hayabusa's production will be stopped by the end of the year.

Link to the article: https://www.rushlane.com/suzuki-haya...-12290058.html

As per the company, they have no plans to make any further tweaks to the bike to support the Euro 4 norms.

End of an era: Suzuki Hayabusa's production to be stopped due to Euro 4 norms-hayabusa.jpg
Source: Google.com

After almost 20 years of ruling the Superbike world, a bike which was way ahead of its league ever since it was launched will be sorely missed by most of the superbike aficionados.

Ride Safe,
R-Six

Last edited by R-Six : 7th December 2018 at 13:18.
R-Six is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 13:46   #2
BHPian

re: End of an era: Suzuki Hayabusa's production to be stopped due to Euro 4 norms

Oh No! This is sad! This is one of the two super bikes I have ridden and I will never forget this bike even though it was a very short 5 Km ride in Gurgaon. I got stuck in a traffic jam too! But the bike was blindingly fast and stable. It was fun. It is sad to see it go. I wish i had enough Vitamin M to buy one.
Yusha is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 14:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: End of an era: Suzuki Hayabusa's production to be stopped due to Euro 4 norms

So the current model is finally laid to rest. The Busa is definitely one of the most comfortable and livable superbikes for our condition and we have to wait and see what Suzuki replaces it with.

No matter what the name Hayabusa will be alive among motorcycle enthusiasts for generations to come.

Heroes are remembered but, legends never die
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 15:08   #4
BHPian

A legend indeed. There is a rumour that the current model will be replaced by a forced induction engined beast. Fingers crossed.
Old 7th December 2018, 15:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nothing new here. The Gen 2 was long known to be phased out by 2019 due to engine emission norms coming into force.
What is important is that they have yet to reveal what they have in store as its replacement.
We were all hoping that a Gen 3 with forced induction would be introduced as a MY2019 replacement for this, but that did not happen. They could be doing away with the entire model itself, who knows.
This girl is definitely old and outdated now. Almost unchanged for last 2 decades.
I will hold on to mine forever but for someone in the market for a new one should just wait for the next model or look somewhere else.

Last edited by theMAG : 9th December 2018 at 19:27. Reason: Typo fixed. "replalcmet"="replacement"
bigron is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:47   #6
BHPian

Lets forget how old the design is or how ugly it looks like (subjective opinion on the looks), but it is still one of the best designs to have the least co-efficient of drag.
shan_ned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 18:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well, Dream Suzuki the Mumbai dealer has stated on their Instagram page that they are now accepting bookings for the 2019 model??? Following two colours available

End of an era: Suzuki Hayabusa's production to be stopped due to Euro 4 norms-243ddb3b2b4e44e68b2cbe4b6fcb01d5.jpeg

Name:  F23B2630B69E47C4AC8D94BF51E609A8.png
Views: 1781
Size:  182.5 KB
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 19:05   #8
BHPian

Suzuki will stop selling Hayabusa in European countries after 31-Dec-18 as this motorcycle does not meet Euro4 regulations. They were given 2 years grace period as Euro 4 has been in effect since 2016 which ends on 31st Dec.

However the bike will continue to be on sale in markets like US, India, etc. till end of next year as per some reports. BS6 norms in India will kick in sometime in 2020 and till then its safe sailing for Busa in India.
Sachin_Nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 19:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

This thing is a dream for me. I have a long term plan to pick a pre-owned example. I just hope that this news about production getting stopped doesn't turn into some kind of collectors's item and drive the prices of used examples northwards.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 19:44   #10
BANNED

Yay! So, the new one must be around the corner.

I hope they make it just as ridiculous as we expect it to be; both, in terms of design and performance.
Old 13th December 2018, 18:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: MY2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open

Earlier this week, we had reported that the Hayabusa would go out of production after December 31, 2018 in select markets of the world due to non-compliance with emission norms. However, it seems the bike will be sold in India at least for now.

End of an era: Suzuki Hayabusa's production to be stopped due to Euro 4 norms-2019hayabusa1.jpg

According to a media report Suzuki is now taking bookings for the 2019 Hayabusa. The booking amount has been set at Rs. 1 lakh. The Hayabusa is imported via the CKD route and is priced at Rs. 13.59 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Suzuki hasn't made any major changes to the Hayabusa for the 2019 model year. It will be available in 2 colour options - black and a dual-tone shade of grey and red.

End of an era: Suzuki Hayabusa's production to be stopped due to Euro 4 norms-2019hayabusa2.jpg

The Hayabusa is powered by a 1,340cc, liquid-cooled 4-cylinder engine which is mated to a 6-speed transmission. It rides on inverted telescopic forks at the front and monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by twin 310 mm discs at the front with radially-mounted Brembo calipers and a single 260 mm disc at the rear with a Tokico single-piston caliper setup. It comes with dual-channel ABS.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 21:04   #12
BHPian

Re: End of an era: Suzuki Hayabusa's production to be stopped due to Euro 4 norms

Hayabusa is being discontinued only in markets that need euro4 compliance. Its business as usual every where else.

Also I am suprised thst suzuki uk still accepting orders for 2019.

All article posted are based on speculation that Euro4 versions are not going to be released. No official press statement has been released by suzuki.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks