Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2019, 16:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

MV Agusta F3 800 RC launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh

The MV Agusta F3 800 RC has been launched in India at a price of Rs. 21.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Only six units have been allocated for India.

MV Agusta F3 800 RC launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh-_sites_default_files_bikes_56_f3rc34antdx.jpg

The MV Agusta F3 800 RC is a limited edition superbike that is not road legal. It is based on the F3 800 but features numerous track-focused upgrades. The bikes measures 2,060 mm in length, 725 mm in width and has a wheelbase of 1,380 mm. The bike has a claimed dry weigh of 165 kg.

MV Agusta F3 800 RC launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh-_sites_default_files_bikes_56_f3rc34antsx.jpg

The F3 800 RC has a diamond shaped headlamp and a triple-stacked, side-mounted exhaust. The bike rides on 17-inch alloy wheels that are painted red. It is available in one colour option - Red & Pearl RC White with green pinstripes.

MV Agusta F3 800 RC launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh-_sites_default_files_bikes_56_f3rc34postdx.jpg

Powering the F3 800 RC is a 798cc, 3-cylinder engine that produces 145 BHP @ 13,000 rpm and 88 Nm of torque @ 10,600 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission via a slipper clutch and Electronically Assisted Shift up & down (MV EAS 2.0).

MV Agusta F3 800 RC launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh-_sites_default_files_bikes_56_f3rcfront.jpg

The bike rides on Marzocchi upside down telescopic fork suspension at the front and a Sachs monoshock at the rear. The braking setup consists of twin 320 mm discs with 4 piston calipers and a 220 mm disc with a 2 piston caliper at the front and rear respectively. It has Bosch 9 Plus ABS with Race Mode and Rear Wheel Lift-up Mitigation (RLM).

MV Agusta F3 800 RC launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh-_sites_default_files_bikes_56_f3rcpost.jpg

Other features unique to the F3 800 RC include a special ECU, SC Project exhaust, anodized aluminium mirror caps, billet aluminium footpegs, brake and clutch levers, "Sport" license plate holder, bike cover and rear paddock stand.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 17:20   #2
BHPian

Re: MV Agusta F3 800 RC launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh

One of those exquisite pieces of art that you can park in the living room of your million dollar mansion.

Looks & pricing aside, MV still has a big question mark on reliability and ownership costs in India. I only see collectors buying one because well its an MV and its rare!
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 18:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

No body in their right mind is going to buy this, even to plonk it in a display room.
If someone wants something that creates awe and disbelief , it has to be th F4 RC, which is considered the pinnacle of MV engineering. In-fact, MV also makes a F4 Lewis Hamilton version which is proper one off and commands top points for exclusivity.

This just looks like a scaled down version of the big daddy. And in the domain of exclusivity, that ever works even though it wears the same clothes and carries similar race parts as the bigger F4 RC.

Trivia: The 37 number on the custom factory paint scheme represents the total number of world titles won by MV over the course of its history.

Last edited by bigron : 18th June 2019 at 18:32.
bigron is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 23:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
If someone wants something that creates awe and disbelief
He'd be better off waiting for the SuperVeloce 800! My goodness - what a stunning machinery! I used to think MV made beautiful bikes, but after seeing the Superveloce - the current generation F3 doesn't cut it anymore.

F3 800 RC might be picked up when those six units finally gets big discounts.

MV Agusta F3 800 RC launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh-sv34antsx.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th June 2019 at 23:32.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 01:54   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The MV Agusta F3 800 RC is a limited edition superbike that is not road legal.
Other features unique to the F3 800 RC include a special ECU, SC Project exhaust, anodized aluminium mirror caps, billet aluminium footpegs, brake and clutch levers, "Sport" license plate holder, bike cover and rear paddock stand.

Link to Team-BHP News
Why does a track-only bike need a plate holder?

Cheers

Ride Safe
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 09:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

@crazy driver - Indeed, that SuperVeloce is a piece of art. So much better looking than the F3 it is based on. The way that round headlight has been amalgamated with that sleek body is incredible.
Though IMO, such a pretty looking bike deserves atleast the 1 liter 201 hp motor from the F4 RR.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 12:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Why does a track-only bike need a plate holder?

Cheers

Ride Safe

Good point. Why does it need a headlight as well?
Old 19th June 2019, 12:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
He'd be better off waiting for the SuperVeloce 800! My goodness - what a stunning machinery! I used to think MV made beautiful bikes, but after seeing the Superveloce - the current generation F3 doesn't cut it anymore.

Good lord. Stuff wet dreams are made of

Now THAT is definitely shock & awe material. But then again, I would drool all over this, envy those who own one but never in my right mind put down my own money on an MV.
Old 19th June 2019, 14:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

MV is one of those brands that you just love looking at and admiring while its parked at some rich friends house. Actually , thats the case with most of these exotic Italians.
Long ago a ride on a 1198 SP made me realize how much does a good ol' jap pampers its riders. You sit, turn the key, press the starter and twist the wrist and you are in super-bike nirvana.
Old 19th June 2019, 14:41   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
MV is one of those brands that you just love looking at and admiring while its parked at some rich friends house. Actually , thats the case with most of these exotic Italians.
Long ago a ride on a 1198 SP made me realize how much does a good ol' jap pampers its riders. You sit, turn the key, press the starter and twist the wrist and you are in super-bike nirvana.
Absolutely in agreement with you. I love how the new Panigale V4 & the RSV100 Factory look and the sort of performance they bring to the table. Definitely feel like a level above my humble ZX10 BUT it would still take a lot of convincing and cajoling for me to actually look away from the Japs towards the Italians when it comes to putting down my own money on something I plan to live with for atleast the next half decade.
Old 26th June 2019, 19:08   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
F3 800 RC might be picked up when those six units finally gets big discounts.
Eating my own words! They have already delivered the 1st bike out of six units allocated to India -

MV Agusta F3 800 RC launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh-instimage2.jpg
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:31   #12
BHPian

All said and done these are fancy bikes with a big name and a huge racing heritage, however, the big question we should ask before anyone invests in these 20+ lakhs bikes is , the after sales and spares availability, If your intension is normal street use, weekend rides in India , any big bike will suffice( because on Indian roads we cannot expect to use even 30% of the capability of the bike).
Like bigron said the MV is one of those Brand's that you just love looking at and admire, it's true , it's beautiful to look at and it will probably be very nice to ride, but when you have such small numbers in India , it's generally the after sales and spares that become a sore spot and again I am not entirely sure if there are enough trained service personnel who know the bike inside out, that's where the Japanese bikes have a distinct advantage, they are comparatively cheaper to maintain and due to larger numbers you can now find better trained(not necessarily )/experienced service technician now as compared to let's say 5 years back.
I was on a Facebook page of an F3 owner in Mumbai a few days back who bought it new from the Motoroyale dealership , he was an avid biker and always wanted to own something unique and rare , soon after purchasing the F3 had some issues with its front brakes , which was apparently repaired by the service staff, but the issue persisted, he even wrote to Firodiya about the issue with the bike, but every time the service Technicians would do something and return the bike with no better results, he was third time unlucky as he sadly lost his life on the bike attributed to the brake issue.
The point I am trying to make here is that exotic bikes does not always guarantee satisfaction of ownership specially when there are mechanical issues with the bike( can happen to any bike, even a 100 cc bike), which due to the lack of training/ experience of the service staff in trouble shooting and problem solving , sadly remains dormant in the bike, until it bites you with deadly consequences.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks