Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2020, 05:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1050XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
The Yamaha Tenere700 has a seat height of 875mm. The KTM 790 adventure seat height is 850mm. The majority of Indians are not 6 footers and surely only 6 footers plus are not considering or buying adventure category motorcycles.

The V-Strom 650 is far more accommodating and reachable 835mm (I'm just under 5"9 and have tried out the bike). I .
Seat height by numbers are very misleading. Yes the T700 is quite tall but there are many tall indians too. But am not one of them lol!

The 390 adv is 855 mm, but is so light and the seat so slim that you can still get your feet down. Inseam height matters over actual true height of an individual.

In full reading i do agree with you, every bike has its place. But in all honesty with these three bikes in the market together, I don't think the strom would have been this quick a sell out. I think Suzuki would have had to work a fair bit harder for their sales. The strom is also a phenomenally dated bike compared to the competition. Much like the Versys.

Will be interesting to see country sales of these bikes in conjunction with each other where they are sold in the same market. Though might not be so relevant to our indian sentiment discussion here.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 18:54   #17
BHPian

So its Navratri now and Diwali around the corner. Has Suzuki shut shop or will we hear about a slew of launches- the BS VI--
'busa
and maybe the V250?
Anyone have any details?
Old 18th October 2020, 20:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
Anyone have any details?
The BS6 V-Strom 650 is around the corner, apparently.

As per rumours floating around the grapevine, the Katana is inbound in 2021.
GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 09:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Seat height by numbers are very misleading. Yes ........

The 390 adv is 855 mm, but is so light and the seat so slim that you can still get your feet down. Inseam height matters over actual true height of an individual.
Hi Red Liner. Whether seat height numbers are misleading or not, no comments. To me, they are what they are, as published.

However, on Saturday 17 Oct, I did visit KTM showroom and sat on the 390 Adventure. Also test rode it over a very small route. I wasn't able to flat foot on my right left, with my 5"8.5 height allowing to keep the left leg down flat. But it wasn't so bad, I wasn't on tip-toe either. With my long riding boots, things should be quite manageable and I may be nearly able to flat foot. In-seam does matter, of course.

The lesser weight will definitely help; making a u-turn in IndiraNagar by-lanes (with cars parked on both sides of the road) wasn't an issue at all (and Bangaloreans familiar with east Blr lanes will know what I'm talking about).
Old 26th October 2020, 12:49   #20
BHPian

Updates
1. VStrom 650 to launch in 10 days- is the news from Delhi.

2. On the Katana, for once some media house (Zigwheels.com) seems to have got something right.December 2020, is the launch date they spoke about, so I guess even if tis launched in Q1 of 2021, I would give them credit.
"The Suzuki Katana has been showcased at Auto Expo 2020. It is based on the Suzuki GSX-S1000 and shares the same inline-four cylinder engine producing 150PS and 108Nm. Styling looks like it's from the 80s and harks back to the old Katana, but underpinnings are modern. The bike is suspended on a USD fork and monoshock, and stopped by twin discs up front."
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks