Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 17:43   #16
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ducati Panigale V2 teased ahead of launch

Saw an update on the Ducati India Instagram page/story that the first Panigale V2 has been delivered in Pune today.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 18:39   #17
BHPian

Priced high in my opinion for what it offers, 15~15.5 L would have made it look good. It makes sense for people who want to stay away from ZX-6R (too basic) and litre class too extreme to handle. If anyone was waiting for this, S1000RR is just 1.5 L away now.
ast.ggn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 21:04   #18
BHPian

Painful price point. I really hope they price it a bit more aggressively in the coming months. At this price its a difficult decision to make.
vishwasvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 21:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is dead on arrival. Ducati is not moving any of these out the showroom floor, even if its a competent bike on its own.

I see no reason why anyone would pick this over the Japs or even the Bavarian for a little more coin. Also, the Itaians are known to be temperamental and lets be honest, this is no V4 which unlike this is at the top of the hill.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 03:40   #20
BHPian

I think people miss the point behind the modern Ducati, perhaps even the modern superbike. None of us are remotely capable of getting the most out of any 600 on a track, forget about 1000s.

The V2 or the V4 is a work of art and engineering (if you fancy Italian) you keep in the living rooms and take out on the odd weekend. There is no way anyone is going to put down even 10% of these bikes' capability on streets legally.

VFM proposition goes out of the window for Ducati buyers. Yes, the ZX10R is more vfm. Hell, you can even argue that the ZX is more capable on track if the WSBK wins in this decade is anything to look at. But, you won't keep the ZX10R in the living room.
shree_shell is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks