Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2023, 19:57   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
PS - I am planning to move on. I have put up ad for my bike in the classified section.
Great post, great thread. This street triple ownership thread has been a treat to follow and I'm going to miss living my Striple dreams vicariously through your updates.

May I ask, like others, what is it that you're looking to move on to.

Also, is there any pic of how you've mounted luggage on your striple for your longer travels? Would be interesting to see how you've set up this naked for touring purposes.

Cheers
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 12:30   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
By any chance is the next bike a Ducati?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
So what’s the new baby going to be? Has the colour RED enticed you too.
Quote:
you sure enjoyed it as much as you can! All the very best and safe riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
May I ask, like others, what is it that you're looking to move on to.
Thanks for the wonderful wishes guys!
I will venture towards the adv segment most probably since my better half will accompany me. She is quite enthusiastic for road trips and feels that I tricked her in getting the Triple. She is more aware this time.
I have test ridden the usual contenders in form of BMW 850 GS and Tiger 900. Ducati is an all time favourite. However, I haven’t yet decided on the bike. I will make the move as soon the Triple makes its way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The confluence of rivers near Nrusinhwadi, The fertile lands of Kurundwad and Chikodi areas, the lush green vegetable fields or the dark green sugar cane fields - brought back the memories. This area offers a lot of picturesque locations out of the ordinary roads….
You said it abirnale! This was so beautiful despite the summer onset. I can only imagine how beautiful will this be during monsoon and other seasons. This is such a beautiful place to grow up.

Quote:
Also, is there any pic of how you've mounted luggage on your striple for your longer travels? Would be interesting to see how you've set up this naked for touring purposes.
I never used my bike for overnighters or longer trips . I only fill up what my backpack can take easily. The Khidrapur trip was the longest and I clocked 600 kms on trip meter for the first time. The second longest day trip was to Kolhapur and back via Mahabaleshwar (555kms). I have done numerous 300-400 kms day trips and that was it. No mounting of luggage was needed for these trips.
abhi_tjet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 18:50   #123
BHPian

31 months 22000 kms - SOLD

This is most probably the last update on the thread regarding my MY-2020 Street Triple R.
I had a wonderful run with this bike and never did it hesitated to give me all the thrills it can.

At least 70% of entire odometer reading was covered solo and never a single hiccup. I filled petrol from various outlets across rural Maharashtra and never did it complained. Never the tires nor did the electronics died on me enroute .

I had put the ad on forum and other channels since more than a month. I am happy to report that the bike went to a veteran bhpian from Pune. He connected me last Friday and deal was done on Saturday. It was that fast. Payment formalities took some time due to weekend and bike was gone today morning .

The weekend was tough for me and my wife didn’t spare a chance to tease me regarding how I am gonna cry any moment due to the impending exit of triple from our life. I am still happy that bike went to a bhpian (throttleking) who will take equally good care along with the name change formalities. He was prompt, upfront and a wonderful person to interact with. I hope he enjoys the bike as much as I did.

Me and my wife rode to Khandala ghat this Sunday since that was the first ride which we did on the Triple. Odometer was 21kms short of 22k when bike went with the new owner today morning .

Varandha ghat ride with Triumph guys- Last
group ride

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-img_5596.jpeg

Last ride. There was an oil spill and a big choke just after this Rajmachi point. Took a u-turn from this place itself. Also, my first pic with bike during ride. I never ask people to click. Wifey knew this and she made sure that I should have at least 1 click.
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-img_5644.jpeg

Stopped at Shell for a quick coffee during return
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-img_5653.jpeg

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-img_5662.jpeg

Doggo was amused as well on listening that I am selling the Triple
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-img_5656.jpeg

It rained during our ride and a wash became mandatory before delivering the bike to new owner
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-img_5665.jpeg

All shiny/matty again
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-img_5670.jpeg

Off the beast went to serve the new master
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-img_5672.jpeg

This is the first time I have sold any automobile so early in its ownership and God it’s tough.

Meanwhile, hunt for new one is started. Ride safe guys!
abhi_tjet is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 15:26   #124

Re: My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review. EDIT: 2 years & 17000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardikj View Post
Sweet ride there. I am at this exact point now. I am torn between the CBR650R and the Triple R. 4 cylinder vs 3 cylinder. The only things in the favour of the Honda are 4 cylinders + Fairing. Since it will my first and probably last superbike, I want it to be attractive, hence the fairing vs naked dilemma. Rest all things are in favour of the Triple.
Same here. Grew up drooling at the Baby Blade and the initial kick in the pants feel of the Triple. It was a tough call even 6 months ago. Now the CBR gone completely out of picture, the S Triple sounded like the only option.

May be the Triumph would have listened to us and they have already worked on the Daytona 660. The drop-dead looks of the supersport, not-so-committed riding stance, the initial torque figures that match with a twin and the top-end of an inlines four—it's time for people to forget the CBR 650R.

If the little birds were right, T would launch the fully-faired 660 version with the revered Daytona name tag by the end of 2023 and I really hope the pricing would stand between Trident and Tiger.

The Daytona 675R was priced like a litre-class because it barrowed the same engine and frame from the obnoxiously priced Street Triple back then.

The scenario would be different now as it carries the frame, engine and all components (including the headlamps of the Tiger 660) from the existing products which are decently priced for what they offered.

All of a sudden the the 2-lakh price gap between the Trident and Tiger Sport makes much sense with Daytona 660 in picture.

IMHO, it would be a perfect alternative for the CBR 650R fanboys like me.

Source: Motobob
Attached Thumbnails
My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-triumphdaytona660spyphotosriding15.jpg  

TheEcoBeast is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks