Team-BHP - Should I import these Choppers? Need your Feedback!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Should I import these Choppers? Need your Feedback! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/23394-should-i-import-these-choppers-need-your-feedback.html)

Am thinking of Importing these Choppers. They are 200cc Single Cylinder engines. Selling price will be 1.5L Rs + Registration and Insurance. Needed your feedback. Will have to Homologate them before import.

Hey, I sure wudn't mind one of them ... though it will depend on the build quality which will have to be seen . But yeah , very interesting though a BIGGER engine wud have been better .

Cheers

PS -- The sound shud also be that of a CHOPPER, not like my Eliminator , nice sweet bike but loses out on the sound :-(

From the enlarged pictures, I am not too sure of build quality of the choppers.

that will be a nice initiative...u must have done ur calculations by now.... what acccording to you will be its landing cost? though its just a 200cc motor but with these fine chopper looks, wannabe 'harley'ish riders wont mind paying arnd 2.25+, my guess.

1.5l plus? cheap.but then is it in $?

I think these are chinese or taiwan type....check the quality before going deep.....

Yes they are made in Taiwan.

Regarding the exhaust note and build quality am going to factory in Taiwan on 30th April to check the machines out and take a final call.
Have this entire week to get feedback from you guys.

Not sure there is a big enough market to gulp this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss (Post 419696)
that will be a nice initiative...u must have done ur calculations by now.... what acccording to you will be its landing cost? though its just a 200cc motor but with these fine chopper looks, wannabe 'harley'ish riders wont mind paying arnd 2.25+, my guess.

Selling Price I have put up will be 1.5 Lac Rs + Reg and insurance.

Well, they look good and even if they come with a 200cc engine, indian bikers wont mind shelling out 1.5L for a bike like this.
But there are two things :
1)Is the engine Euro III ? coz indian govt wont allow import of engines which dont meet the Euro III emission norms
2)Are you going to get them as completely built units (CBU) or CKD ( completely knocked down). CKD will mean a lesser import duty will have to be paid , while CBU units attract a duty of around 110%.

Any specs on the engine like power, torque?

sunil, the ground clearance of these (just like most other choppers) is negligible, how useful would these even be for those once in a while rides?
i'd suggest importing something slightly more usable, maybe choppers with slightly higher ground clearance.

btw, nice idea.

manson.

@S600BENZ .. appreciate you doing something for 2 wheels .
Buttttt... I am in doubt how many would go for this .Mostly ppl who have loads of cash will go for it and ppl who want just a flashy bike will buy these .More over would these fit in indian roads ? and they are total show off bike and not partical in any way.

One serious suggestion , my friend ,why dont you import a honda hornet 250cc or yamaha 250 cc or a honda 400cc one , these would sell like hot cakes and there is a huge market for it . Honda or yam please, in sub 400cc or even 600cc would be fine .

Hi,
Before you place the order, you must consider the link below.
they are the manufacturer of the same chopper in Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province. China
you would not belive they are selling very low, your landing cost will come down below 75k,
How do I know??
I was also planning to import the same in my own container but since I have other issues related to my import export no.
in case you are importing count me in.
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
Zhejiang Global Strong Industrial & Trading Co., Ltd. (dirt bikes,atv, electric bicycles, gas scooters, motorcycles,sports vehicle,funny bike, e-bike)

here's the exact link
200cc Chopper (Zhejiang Global Strong Industrial & Trading Co., Ltd.,China)

No ! Don't bother with these!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 419872)
No ! Don't bother with these!

I agree. Just forget them buddy!