Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 17:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Pre-loved Harley-Davidson 1200 Custom comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
It certainly takes courage and heart to take the plunge with family and work commitments, unless you have surplus money to blow off.
Thank you sir, and I really hope my wife doesn't read this part of your post.

I loved the chrome on the Superlow as well sir, did look at the GT twins but the premium feel and the aural symphony of the SE's made it a no brainer for me. Hope you find what you are looking for, happy riding.
sharad_kmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 22:06   #17
BHPian

Lovely post mate, 5 years back I was in our shoes and took a plunge and brought a pre-worshipped Superlow from a fellow BHPian (who is a great friend and a riding buddy now). The plunge rocked my world! Hope it will for you too! New riding friends, new insights, new destinations, new roads, new perspectives, new memories, new experiences, the list is almost endless. At certain speeds/times, you hit a special moment on your Harley where you and the bike fuse to be one- that's almost like meditation- it purges the mind of all worldly things, all worries, all commitments. Ride Free really comes from this. I rode my Superlow for 55k kms, these past 5 years (90% of that was in the first 3 years) and have finally decided to let it go (a very hard decision really) in favour of buying a more comfortable ADV. The Superlow is good for 250-300kms long rides but if you do 500kms or more per day you'll be really torturing yourself. Would have loved to keep it but I don't have the resources to maintain two big bikes.

P.S- I really giggled at the mention of the amazon parcels. Yeh that happens too, a lot!. Congratulations on your new acquisition, enjoy the ride!
Old 21st August 2021, 19:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
At certain speeds/times, you hit a special moment on your Harley where you and the bike fuse to be one- that's almost like meditation- it purges the mind of all worldly things, all worries, all commitments.
Thank you for the kind words sir. You are one of the rare biking enthusiasts to have used the Superlow extensively. I agree ADV tourers are the way to go if long rides are the aim. The very thought of long rides on decent tarmac does make you think of nirvana.
Wish you many more miles of safe riding on your new steed.

Last edited by sharad_kmc : 21st August 2021 at 19:41. Reason: better context.
sharad_kmc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks