Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2021, 09:06   #1
BHPian

Considering a Yamaha TZR250 3MA | Found one, but...

Guys - I have had a dream to own and ride one of the following bikes - late model years NSR250/RGV250/RS250 or the TZR250 (1990 onwards.)

Being a Ducati guy for most part, I have always had a soft corner for Yamahas.

While I prefer the V configuration of the later model bikes, I found a 1990 3MA locally. It "needs work" is an understatement. But it runs. Frame looks fine. Body work original, but trash quality. Head light bucket and fairing does not match the model year. It is sad to see an amazing machine in this state.

Very likely a restricted version (produced for Japanese market and these had the lowest power compared to others - but I will figure out a way to derestrict it) - a lot of stuff needs to be replaced.

Engine bores and heads are original (but not sure how many miles and more importantly what state they are in)

But major Red Flag - No number plates or documents (owner said he is getting it transferred to his name) - he could not even share the registration number so I could run it through Vaahan.

I am OK investing time and money into it as long as I can see clear paperwork and of course at the right purchase "price"

I wanted to check with forum members if they are aware of any other bikes for sale.

Late model years NSR250/RGV250/RS250 or the TZR250 (1990 onwards.)

I still need to pen my RD350 US spec restoration story (should be on road in 3weeks) and Harley 48 ownership story.

Just sharing a pic from my CW archive (which has shrunk in size with every relocation )

Thank you
-Krishna

Considering a Yamaha TZR250 3MA | Found one, but...-cw.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 10th July 2023 at 05:34. Reason: attach a pic. EDIT: Image insreted in-line.
ksanjee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 10:03   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Considering a Yamaha TZR250 3MA | Found one, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjee View Post
But major Red Flag - No number plates or documents (owner said he is getting it transferred to his name) - he could not even share the registration number so I could run it through Vaahan.

I am OK investing time and money into it as long as I can see clear paperwork and of course at the right purchase "price"
Spend sufficient money & time, you could get the parts. But the odds of valid registration and FC are much lower. Like you said, this is a red flag. Unless this can be cleared before initiating any transaction, this bike is better kept aside.

Good luck in your search. Do let us know how it goes.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks