Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2022, 17:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Next-gen Yamaha R1 could be unveiled by end of this year

According to a media report, Yamaha is said to be working towards the unveiling of the new-generation R1 superbike. Reports suggest that the new-gen Yamaha R1 might be unveiled by the end of this year, before going on sale in international markets by early 2023.

Rumour: Next-gen Yamaha R1 could be unveiled by end of this year-2020yamahar1.jpg

The leaked document reveals the codename YZF1000W with "new model 2023" mentioned next to it. While the YZF1000 itself is self-explanatory, the W in the name represents the model's racing credentials. The YZF1000W could be referencing a track-only model, however, reports state that a street-legal version could be in the pipeline as well.

The document also confirms that the bike will be powered by a 998cc four-cylinder engine. However, the exact power and torque output of the upcoming motorcycle is yet to be determined.

The current-generation Yamaha R1 was introduced in 2015, with a facelift in 2020 to help meet the Euro 5 emission standards. Hence it makes sense for the Japanese manufacturer to introduce a new-gen version in 2023. Reports suggest that Yamaha could officially announce the arrival of the new-gen R1 either at Intermot or EICMA.

Source: Motorcycle.com

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 27th June 2022 at 17:39.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 19:16   #2
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Next-gen Yamaha R1 could be unveiled by end of this year

Yes very good. As for us, we will get the R15 v5.0, probably with 15PS, by the end of this year.
tanayr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 09:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Next-gen Yamaha R1 could be unveiled by end of this year

Really looking forward to the next gen R1. Had the good fortune of testing the current gen R1 extensively at my previous job. Having never ridden an earlier generation R1, I was really awe-struck by the fierce and committed nature of the motorcycle.

I just hope Yamaha doesn't follow the recent trend of significantly increasing the pricing with each new generation of motorcycle, as it will take it completely out of my reach, even if I continue saving up for the next 2 or 3 years. Fingers crossed.
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks