Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2022, 10:39   #16
BHPian

Re: 2022 Honda CB650R - Ownership and Accessories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
IThat doesn’t mean that parts are of lower quality or fake. It’s just the pricing strategy. If that filter has any merits over OE, I will wait for the manufacturer to answer before labeling everything as fake.
@Turbanator,

If you read my post, you will see I am not stating anything negative about the product per se. What I am saying is that the product being sold in India is fake and buyers should be careful.

The first clue about the product being counterfeit arose from the pricing. Like you, I also source several components from Europe and Japan. I am well aware of the pricing strategy. Some firms have varied pricing, some don't. I received the South / South East Asia pricing for oil filters from my distributor where the prices mentioned were significantly higher than what is listed in Indian retail sites. When I queried about the price discrepancy, the distributors checked into the product batches. I have had detailed discussions where in consultation with the manufacturer, I was notified that the product being sold in India is not in their invoices / sales records. I trust the input from my distributors.

Last edited by no_fear : 23rd November 2022 at 10:46.
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 11:00   #17
Team-BHP Support

^^
If you are in this business, better tell the manufacturer to issue a letter. Giving reference of overseas suppliers/ distributors may appear more like a business advocacy.

Suggest to update thread when you have a direct document from the manufacturer.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 15:08   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
All Hi Flo filters sold in India are fake as Hi Flo does not have any authorized distributor / dealer in India.
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who forwarded this email for clarification. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts.

Quote:
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022, 1:41 pm
Subject: Re: Feedback from www.bikealert.com

Thank you for contacting us.

I am happy to confirm that Hiflofiltro oil and air filters are distributed in India by two local agents and I have listed their details below.

ProServ
Bharti House 43 7 Kachipura
New Ramdaspeth
Nagpur, Maharashira
+91 7122533786
proserv@plusgrow.com
http://www.motousher.com/

A&A international
Palakats Building, 2nd Floor
Udyamperoor, Ernakulam
Kerala
0091 8086511888/80781
mathewstires@gmail.com

I hope that this helps and thank you for your interest in Hiflofiltro.

Kind regards,
Kevin Webb

Bike Alert plc
30 Optima Park
Thames Road, Crayford
Kent, DA1 4QX
T: +44 (0) 1322 526 236
F: +44 (0) 1322 528 487
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 15:28   #19
BHPian

@crazy driver,

Do note the following.

A&A international is closed and their GST is cancelled since 2018. You can do a quick search on Google.

Motousher is a local importer.

Last edited by no_fear : 23rd November 2022 at 15:31.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 20:01   #20
BHPian

Motousher says

MANUFACTURER : BIKE ALERT PLC | COUNTRY OF IMPORT : UNITED KINGDOM
Imported & Marketed by : PLUSGROW MERCHANTRY PVT LTD, T 31A, MIDC INDUSTRIAL AREA, HINGNA RD, NAGPUR 440016 MH

May be this is genuine.

Whereas A&A international's GST is cancelled.
Old 14th July 2023, 17:54   #21
BHPian

Hello all! Its been quite a while since i posted any follow ups.

We have clocked 7000kms in about 8months. The highway mileage i get is around 22kmpl if we cruise in about ~130kmph and around 24kmpl if we cruise in speeds less than 110kmph.

So far the tyres & brakes are doing great. Though i itch to change those dunlops to something else soon, as there is not enough feedback from them.

I wish to change the engine coolant oil to Engine ice, as i feel that the heat during slow moving traffic is a bit high.

Im adding pictures of Some of the addons that i had added in the mean time.

The placements of the aux lamps are changed. I felt the weight of the aux lamps on the front forks made the steering heavy so i moved one set of lights below.

2022 Honda CB650R - Ownership and Accessories!-jett-front-view.jpg

Since the seat is very small, after mounting the tail bag, if i put on rain covers sometimes they tend to hide the tail lights which is dangerous hence removed the reflectors and added aux brake lights in the place of them. Stickers have to be put for reflectors.

2022 Honda CB650R - Ownership and Accessories!-jett-aux-bl.jpg

2022 Honda CB650R - Ownership and Accessories!-jett-aux-bl1.jpg

I ordered an oxford tank bag 30L based on the viaterra tank bag i had which was around 26L i believe. It ended up too massive for the tank of the vehicle. Also it is a lock system for on and off the motorcycle for which the adapter is put on the tank fuel ring. So, when i mounted it, i wasnt able to see the dash completely. So i figured a way and ordered this tank ring adapter which was meant for the CB500x from another brand for an other bag. Surprisingly it fits perfectly well for my needs as it mounts the bag further towards the rider. Now im able to see the dash pretty normally. But with the tank bag on, i wont able to tuck down anymore.

2022 Honda CB650R - Ownership and Accessories!-jett-tank-ring-adapter.jpg

The quite important mod was this. The foot peg lowering brackets. I have long legs and i was not comfortable with the foot peg position, i felt it was too high. Hence lowered them using these brackets. Locally made in a CNC lathe. Design obtained from a foreign forum.

Now Im happy with the foot pegs and we can munch miles for quite longer than before.

2022 Honda CB650R - Ownership and Accessories!-brackets.jpg

2022 Honda CB650R - Ownership and Accessories!-lh-bracket.jpg

2022 Honda CB650R - Ownership and Accessories!-lh-foot-rest.jpg

Cheers!
Sman999 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed