Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2022, 11:35   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Triumph Tiger 800: How a regular service ended up in a 2.5 lakh rupee bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madan Devaiah View Post
Attached the rat-bites images shared by Keerthi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
@Madan Devaiah, those are not rat bite marks. Rat bites are neither as clean nor as precise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Madan, the issue isn't a rodent, that's for sure

=======

but lo and behold the issue cropped up during the visit or just as simply they might have messed up the battery polarity which is instant death to the wires either prior or now, is anyone's guess.
VJ
This is definitely not rat bite, this is man made cuts to inspect or rewire for sure. While removing the insulation of the bunch blade might have scraped.

Also battery reversal will not cause this, the main fuse blows immediately on Triumphs.

I am amazed at the way Triumph is treating all this so casually, at the end of the day dealers are their responsibility.
Jaggu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 10:58   #32
BHPian

Really sad to see this. I own a triumph daytona and I never ever give my bike to the local triumph dealer in Gurgaon. I've been there twice and have seen some horrors live.
They casually dropped a customer's street triple RS in front of me, picked it back up and dusted the whole matter off as "kuch nahi hua".
Second instance, I force my way into the garage downstairs where customers aren't allowed because I don't trust anyone with my bike, and lo and behold they were working on a tiger and wanted to lift the back up using some straps on the pillion seat and voila, a loud thud and they broke off the piece wherever they tied the straps to lift up the bike.

It's a training ground down there, all novices and the person qualified just orders them around. When you pay upwards of 8 lakhs for a bike, you expect a qualified professional working on your bike, not making your bike a training prop for people. Especially when the bills they print are just horrendous even for tasks such as clutch cable adjustment. Just baffling.
rituj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 18:06   #33
BHPian

@rituj your experience is quite scary. Wondering if there are any good FNG’s for such bikes in Gurgaon / Delhi
sanchit223 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 17:02   #34
BHPian

Sad to see Triumph dealers have not improved. I sold my RS primarily due to poor service and while I do love some of their new models, they don't even make the list now as I do not want to deal with these high standards of service.
Caramba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 11:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

The service center messed your bike. Those are not rat bites. The technician while re attaching the battery , reversed polarity and short your ECU. Take it up with them. Take a few friends/family members along and confront them. Dealerships are notorious for intimidating single owners, but willing to solve issues when confronted by a group

Let them know, you gave them a perfectly running bike. Send them a legal notice threatening court action. Use social media to your advantage and get in touch with the local triumph group and spread the word.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 18:17   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Madan, I really am at a loss of words after reading your thread. Triumph's Bangalore and Cochin dealerships are so infamous in the motorcycling community, that it is hard for many of us to be shocked by their carelessness or incompetence. How the dealership had the audacity to demand that you cough up the bill, when they have clearly messed up (as others have already explained) is unfathomable. Triumph India's noticeable compliance in all these mucky affairs is well known. They are only shooting themselves in the foot.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 22:05   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Madan, I really am at a loss of words after reading your thread. Triumph's Bangalore and Cochin dealerships are so infamous in the motorcycling community, that it is hard for many of us to be shocked by their carelessness or incompetence. How the dealership had the audacity to demand that you cough up the bill, when they have clearly messed up (as others have already explained) is unfathomable. Triumph India's noticeable compliance in all these mucky affairs is well known. They are only shooting themselves in the foot.
I know, I am hearing more such experiences after I posted this. Very unfortunate.
Madan Devaiah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 22:40   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit223 View Post
@rituj your experience is quite scary. Wondering if there are any good FNG’s for such bikes in Gurgaon / Delhi
I happened to bump into a small shop in Karol Bagh - 'Ruff and Tuff' and the owner Deepak seemed to know his stuff. I own Versys 1000. Also, came across a guy in Noida, who used to be a mechanic for super bikes. Happy to share connects if needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks