Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2023, 10:24   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Harrowing experience with Ducati India & Mohan Motors, Kolkata | EDIT: Matter resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Not sure about Desmo service quality here in India but so far had three services done on my Multi and every time the experience has been excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hema4saran View Post
While the booking/buying experience itself is very harrowing for the potential buyers for Ducati in India, I am not sure how the dealerships are equipped to handle the Desmo service at 30k KMs.
I am not sure if the technicians are properly trained by Ducati in India for Desmo service. Ducati makes some of the best looking bikes. But it is the most complicated bike to work on.
I've done one Desmo (60k service) on my 2017 1200S Multistrada and the work was excellent from the official Mumbai dealer. The work was also done very promptly.

The overall service experience with Ducati Mumbai at least for me in general too has been fantastic. Not aware of other cities but I believe even Bangalore dealer is supposed to be quite good.
Axe77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 13:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harrowing experience with Ducati India & Mohan Motors, Kolkata | EDIT: Matter resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
The overall service experience with Ducati Mumbai at least for me in general too has been fantastic.
I agree with Axe regarding Ducati Mumbai service, they have a “can do” attitude which also makes a world of difference.

For me the Mumbai sales team experience has also been top notch. The initial meeting to the test ride (generous, not round the block) and delivery was handled extremely well. At no point was there any “we can’t do this or that” talk. Everything was “yes Sir will be done”. They gave me a full tank of petrol on delivery which is not being done by at least one other major brand in my experience. It may be nothing much ~3000 rupees but surely creates a feel good factor.

No affiliation with Ducati Mumbai, just a happy customer who hopes they continue like this.

Cheers
Cyborg is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 21:42   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I agree with Axe regarding Ducati Mumbai service, they have a “can do” attitude which also makes a world of difference.

For me the Mumbai sales team experience has also been top notch. The initial meeting to the test ride (generous, not round the block) and delivery was handled extremely well. At no point was there any “we can’t do this or that” talk. Everything was “yes Sir will be done”. They gave me a full tank of petrol on delivery which is not being done by at least one other major brand in my experience. It may be nothing much ~3000 rupees but surely creates a feel good factor.

No affiliation with Ducati Mumbai, just a happy customer who hopes they continue like this.

Cheers
Hi, good to hear a positive feedback on a dealer, 1. have you been charged any illegal handling charges, 2. any discount offers from dealer or Ducati on your bike purchase.
Old 13th July 2023, 03:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post
Hi, good to hear a positive feedback on a dealer, 1. have you been charged any illegal handling charges, 2. any discount offers from dealer or Ducati on your bike purchase.
Hi there. I do not condone this practice by the dealers of charging handling fees but if you want exclusivity what other options do you have? The exclusive brands have one dealer per major city, so if they all charge handling fees you’re left with accepting it or moving to a mass market manufacturer with multiple dealers, one of whom might agree to not charge handling fees.

When you’re looking for exclusivity the ball is in the dealer’s / manufacturer’s court.

If you have a specific motorcycle you desire, would it not make more sense to just pay up the charges and enjoy riding the motorcycle?

In a city like Mumbai you hardly get allotted parking at any dealership. I wouldn’t let that come in the way of me and my motorcycle.
Darkcloud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 06:48   #50
Team-BHP Support

@raja_ys:

Ultimately, there’s always a cost attached to delivering a bike to a customer (and a profit on top of it). With a premium bike it extends to crating, bike specific transport and what not.

Now there are two ways to pass this on to the customer:

1. Bake it into the ex showroom price.
2. Weave some of it as add ons like handling charges.

Personally I’d rather have the latter since any added costs to ex showroom price will have a knock on effect on my pocket via road tax and similar charges that will inflate since they’re linked to ex showroom price. I’d actually much rather pay it under a different head like point no. 2.

Things like padded insurance I would negotiate for sure and even if handling seems excessive I would negotiate that as well for sure. But ultimately it’ll come down to the available supply of bikes vs the demand.

I’m neither endorsing nor condoning the practice but if you’re looking at buying something super specific and exclusive, then of course by all means look around for the best terms but if that’s not to be had, I’d rather buy the product I really want and accept some of these aspects rather than buy my second or third choice only because of some charge I have a problem with.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 07:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
They gave me a full tank of petrol on delivery which is not being done by at least one other major brand in my experience. It may be nothing much ~3000 rupees but surely creates a feel good factor.
Hi, you have mentioned dealer giving you a full tank of petrol costing around Rs 3000, so roughly it’s a 30 litre tank. Could you pls specify which bike is this

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th July 2023 at 11:28. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 13th July 2023, 14:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Ultimately, there’s always a cost attached to delivering a bike to a customer (and a profit on top of it). With a premium bike it extends to crating, bike specific transport and what not.
+1 Axe

Quote:
Hi, you have mentioned dealer giving you a full tank of petrol costing around Rs 3000, so roughly it’s a 30 litre tank. Could you pls specify which bike is this
Raja, we have to understand this business is not a non profit organisation. They have to make money, so working, handling cost etc has to borne by us in some form or the other. Rather than clubbing it elsewhere even I prefer it being shown upfront. It’s a compromise we have to make keeping a reasonable approach and negotiate accordingly.

Rough estimate of petrol, 2500 to 3000 for a full tank depending on the type of fuel. I meant to point out the customer centric approach of the sales team in giving a full tank on delivery. I have Multistrada V4S which has a 22 litre tank.

Cheers
Cyborg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 10:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
100 octane fuel (preferred by big bike owners) is INR 160 a litre in MH which translates into 18.75 litres
Old 14th July 2023, 19:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
100 octane fuel (preferred by big bike owners) is INR 160 a litre in MH which translates into 18.75 litres
Thanks for clearing my confusion. Whats the recommended fuel rating for Ducati by manufacturer and whats the cost per litre and is it easily available outside the metros. Also heard Govt is actively pushing for E20 fuel across metros, some brands like Suzuki are E20 complaint for their bikes, any idea on whether Ducati is complaint too

Last edited by raja_ys : 14th July 2023 at 20:09.
Old 16th July 2023, 07:51   #55
BHPian

Ducati recommends E10, 95 Octane. Most high compression bikes would struggle with 20% ethanol blending

Last edited by Rajiv0909 : 16th July 2023 at 08:06.
Old 27th July 2023, 19:46   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
On another note, have you decided on other bike?
Finalized on the bike. People from Ducati have sorted out the issues I was facing and provided some email ID to be contacted in case of any grievance that's not resolved by the dealer.

With the last Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX at the dealership (no handling charges - good Samaritan) being sold out, it's the Ducati that will be coming home for now.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th July 2023 at 16:42. Reason: SMS lingo. Trimming quoted post.
raja_ys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 21:55   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Ppl from Ducati have sorted out the issues I was facing ……it’s the Ducati that will be coming home for now.
Congratulations Raja! Great to know that things are sorted now. So, which model is it finally ?
Old 28th July 2023, 13:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Congratulations Raja! Great to know that things are sorted now. So, which model is it finally ?
It’s a Monster SP 937
Attached Thumbnails
Harrowing experience with Ducati India & Mohan Motors, Kolkata | EDIT: Matter resolved-img_3504.jpeg  

raja_ys is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 00:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Finalized on the bike. People from Ducati have sorted out the issues I was facing and provided some email ID to be contacted in case of any grievance that's not resolved by the dealer.
It’s encouraging to hear that Ducati intervened to solve open issues. How I wish they did in my case

You had mentioned handling charges as one of your complaints, were able to knock them off (at least a portion)?
Old 3rd August 2023, 08:04   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It’s a Monster SP 937
What a beauty and hearty congratulations. Ducatis have a certain ‘je ne sais quoi’ about them. Pull at the heartstrings in an indescribable way.

What was the landed price of the Monster SP edition please? Close to 17 - 18L maybe? (I’m really shooting in the dark here but back of the envelope guesstimate).

If you compared this with the 2023 Street Triple RS at any point in your purchasing decision, would love to hear your thoughts on how you landed at the Monster SP (both are incredibly enticing bikes with their own unique charm of course.)
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks