Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2023, 18:36   #1
nad

HSRP for Kawasakis sold prior to 2019

Hi,
From the time the Karnataka government issued the notification about mandatory HSRP for all pre-April-2019 registered vehicles, I've spent a lot of time trying to order HSRP for my Ninja 1000.
After many attempts and phone calls I was told by Celex that my vehicle is registered with manufacturer as Kawasaki Heavy Industries Limited and they are only authorized to provide HSRP for vehicles registered with manufacturer as India Kawasaki Motors Limited.
So I started my saga of calling IKM customer service/call center and after more than a month of such interactions there has been zero progress.
The dealer, Riventur Bangalore, at least responds to my calls/whatsapp msgs but IKM, except for customary 'regret inconvenience caused....' hasn't bothered to send even a word in response.

I was also given the suggestion to go to the RTO and change the manufacturer of the bike to IKM. I do not know how feasible that is.

Am I the only one in this situation? Clearly, 100s (maybe 1000s) of bikes were sold by Kawasaki since they started in 2010 and all of those will still need HSRPs.
At least one person I know has the same problem of manufacturer being Kawasaki Heavy Industries Limited.

How are the other people with pre2019 kawasaki bikes dealing with HSRP ordering?

Thanks,
Naren
Old 1st November 2023, 14:09   #2
BHPian

Re: HSRP for Kawasakis sold prior to 2019

Hey Naren,

My brother also has the same issue! He has got the below response from Shimnit.

Were you able to get the RTO record changed to IKM? Or are you still in the process of it?

Dear Concern,

Thank you for contacting us.

As per Vahan, your OEM name (vehicle manufacturer company name) is appearing as Kawasaki Heavy Industries instead of India Kawasaki Motors Pvt Ltd. Due to which you are getting the Homologation error. Kindly contact the RTO along with RC copy & Error Screenshot, ask them to change the OEM name. You will be able to place an order successfully.

We hope this helps.

Regards,

Team Shimnit

Unquote
Old 1st November 2023, 14:25   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I was at the RTO yesterday for the issue with getting HSRP for my car. Not resolved yet.

However, for change in the name of manufacturer, you could try with the RC card section. They deal with corrections in the RC.
(for me, they said that since my RC does not need corrections, they cant help me. I will have to find another way).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 14:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I was at the RTO yesterday for the issue with getting HSRP for my car. Not resolved yet.

However, for change in the name of manufacturer, you could try with the RC card section. They deal with corrections in the RC.
(for me, they said that since my RC does not need corrections, they cant help me. I will have to find another way).
Thanks, will advise my brother on the same!

I recently got a used corolla altis, for which I am struggling to get HSRP. I have no clue what the issue is, but get an error that the car details are not in the system or something like that.

What is the issue that you are facing?
Old 1st November 2023, 23:10   #5
nad

As per the gazetted notification it is the responsibility of the OEM to ensure that all vehicles sold by them prior to 2019 are supplied with HSRP.
The person who responds to the Shimnit customer support number is, imho, passing the buck.
One cannot just go and change RC details in the particulars 'just like that'. There has to be documentary evidence to support any request.
IKM is ultimately responsible for enabling HSRP vendors to provide HSRPs for their vehicles.
I've been trying to get some one in IKM to respond (other than the call center) and it looks like they are conveniently hiding their heads in the sand.
Pretty much every CBU bike sold by IKM will, I suspect, have the manufacturer listed and Kawasaki Heavy Industries Limited because that is what IKM mentioned in the various forms used for registration.
If I don't get any response from IKM on this topic, I am thinking of taking further action on this topic.
nad is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 18:08   #6
nad

November 16th I got an email from Kawasaki India stating that they were working with the RTO to address HSRPs for pre 2019 CBUs...Karnataka has decided to move the HSRP deadline from Nov 17th to Feb 17th 2024. So I was relieved that there was an extension and was not sure when HSRPs would be available.

Out of the blue today I got a message from Rideventur Bangalore with photos of my bike's HSRP. I was surprised because neither SIAM.IN or getmyhsrp.com were working for me. I asked about this and was told by Rideventur that the plates came to them from Kawasaki! No emails or updates from Kawasaki so far though.

I rode out to the dealership and got them installed today. Thanks Rideventur!

Wondering if anyone else in Karnataka with a pre 2019 CBU has HSRPs delivered to them.

Cheers,
Naren
nad is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 13:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
Wondering if anyone else in Karnataka with a pre 2019 CBU has HSRPs delivered to them.

Cheers,
Naren
My brother got the below response from them when he checked if he can get the HSRP

Quote:
It's almost done , in 2 to 3 days you can order or contact us
Praveen

Last edited by graaja : 28th November 2023 at 16:41. Reason: Fixing quote tags
Old 22nd January 2024, 19:31   #8
BHPian

Hi All, Did anyone successfully order HSRP for pre 2019 motorcycles?
Old 22nd January 2024, 19:59   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeniwas View Post
Hi All, Did anyone successfully order HSRP for pre 2019 motorcycles?
Regular process, as long as the manufacturer name matches. Else the situation is as in post 1.

Btw, I did get the plates for my KB
Old 22nd January 2024, 20:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Regular process, as long as the manufacturer name matches. Else the situation is as in post 1.

Btw, I did get the plates for my KB
So you got the manufacturer name updated on the RC ?
What was the process involved?
Old 22nd January 2024, 20:49   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeniwas View Post
So you got the manufacturer name updated on the RC ?
No, the info was correct and no corrections were needed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks