Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2023, 23:10   #1
Team-BHP Support

2024 KTM 1390 Super Duke R unveiled

KTM has taken the wraps of their new flagship nakeds- the 2024 KTM 1390 Super Duke R and KTM 1390 Super Duke R EVO.

The bikes will be powered by a 1,350 cc updated version of the LC8 motor, now producing 190 Hp @ 10,000 rpm, and 145 Nm of torque @ 8,000 rpm.

Overall tank capacity has been revised to 17.5 liters, which is an increase of 1.5 liters over the predecessor.

2024 KTM 1390 Super Duke R unveiled-my24-ktm-1390-super-duke-r_evo.jpg

2024 KTM 1390 Super Duke R unveiled-my24-ktm-1390-super-duke-r_evo-1.jpg

Quote:
Getting that power to the ground comes courtesy of new, lightweight MICHELIN Power GP tires with dual-compound technology, as well as a new WP APEX shock absorber which is fully adjustable, allowing for separate high and low speed adjustments, rebound and toolless pre-load adjustment. Improved DCC settings provide better pressure balance resulting in less compromise between suspension comfort and performance, while new 48 mm WP APEX Open Cartridge fork with split function provide optimized settings.

On the KTM 1390 SUPER DUKE R EVO, however, the suspension management is taken to an all-new level with the latest generation of WP Semi-Active Technology (SAT). As the most advanced suspension system on the market, it features electronically controlled magnetic valves for variable damping, providing a wide range of adjustability – from maximum comfort to track-ready stiffness.

Here, the SCU (Suspension Control Unit) adapts the damping rates via the magnetic valves in real-time, reading the road surface and rider style to automatically adjust the suspension on the fly.

The technology feast doesn't end there, with both the KTM 1390 SUPER DUKE R and KTM 1390 SUPER DUKE R EVO debuting updated PERFORMANCE and TRACK MODES, complete with lap timer and telemetry stats, as well as optional ENGINE BRAKE CONTROL and an updated SUSPENSION PRO module for the KTM 1390 SUPER DUKE R EVO.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 16:24   #2
BHPian

Re: 2024 KTM 1390 Super Duke R unveiled

You may or may not believe me, but I thought the name 1390 before probably no one on internet did, although one can argue that the name is a logical extension of 1290.

And the inspiration was none other than, the Hayabusa.. Now, I know I'm comparing a GSX series faired bike to a naked one (with a half faired version, at best), and a twin to a four cyl, but the reason why I never liked the Busa was the weight.
With almost 50 kgs lesser weight but slightly performance figures, Superduke 1290R was really a hot, busy ride on the road, no matter what speed, what rpm, plus that 100NM torque at 3500 rpm...
Although, I imagined an entire 1400cc to leave no doubt, but the low weight is still a huge treat to the road rider.

I hope the telemetrics are not of the level that they send information over the internet.

Overall, I'm sure the potential customer group will love it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks