Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 12:56   #46

Re: Issues faced by Triumph Motorcycle owners | An open letter to Triumph India & Triumph UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Not at all. I took my VSTROM 250 issue there and they simply dismissed it, saying there is no issue. The head there, Shiva was condescending. I had to go to three dealerships before Sapthagiri Rajajnagar sorted it out for me (This place was recommended by a BHPian seeing my plight). I'm grateful to Sapthagiri. So, North, South, East, West - I checked all dealerships for a solution, wasting so many hours and hundreds of kilometers. Never again a Suzuki!
  • Sorry to hear that. What was the issue you faced exactly, if you don't mind?
  • Also, Rajajinagar (while inconvenient, no doubt) isn't exactly a different state, no?
Old 19th March 2024, 13:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Issues faced by Triumph Motorcycle owners | An open letter to Triumph India & Triumph UK

To be specific North, South, East, West Bengaluru :-). Suzuki has ordered a recall and few things in the engine were replaced last month, now all good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr71 View Post
Also, Rajajinagar (while inconvenient, no doubt) isn't exactly a different state, no?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 21:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Even Suzuki big bike owners are dissatisfied and travel to neighbouring states for service
OT. No issues at Aryan Suzuki with my Katana so far. I'd happily recommend them for big bikes (touchwood).

But understand the issue you might have faced. Vehicle service is a tough thing to get exactly right. But the amount of issues reported about Keerthi Triumph should be some kind of record no? They must be worse than the some of these horror show Skoda dealers
loki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 12:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

Just got an update (not sure if it's again "kite flying" attempt)

Speed Triple 1200 RS will no longer be sold in India. They are focussing more on Daytona 660 now

Even if customer books, they will not be able to get the bike.

Khivraj folks are clueless about a bike name Speed Triple 1200RS - they kept saying saar you talking about Speed Twin saar.

I had to share a link to make them understand what I was talking about.

Can anyone from other cities corroborate this piece of info please?

PS: I am not keen on going for Triumph after all this. I am just updating the thread here for people to know what's happening here. And to check for facts.
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 18:15   #50

Latest Update - 22-Mar-2024

After a wait of about 2 months since I paid for Chain Pad on 24-Jan-24, recently the part arrived and BUB Pune service centre suggested me to come and get the fitting done.

Accordingly, I went there today.

I am happy to note that the Lead Service Advisor Sumersingh Ghatage and others in his crew were quite supportive to me.

They took my bike for the chain pad replacement on highest priority.

Sumer also provided me a back-up scooter so that I could go to my office just after dropping the bike - this saved good amount of time and money for me surely.

They turned this around in about 1.5-2 hours and called me and I was happy to go back and collect my bike.

From what I have seen, the dealership people are willing to support the customers - I didn't have any huge problems with BUB Pune through 7 years out of total 8+ years of my Triumph ownership.

They are feeling that their hands are tied back due to the strategies/policies of Bajaj-Triumph combination in India and yet they are expected to run things smoothly with the customers which is always going to result in customer dissatisfaction and they are feeling helpless in resolving this.

Triumph India is losing the image among premium customers due to this situation which dealers like BUB are not exactly responsible for.

But it is the dealer staff who have to face the wrath of the customers like me - which isn't very fair to them. Yet, for a customer like me, they are the only people I can talk to and hence I end up venting my feelings in front of them.

Real culprit is the Bajaj-Triumph India combination. This combination should remain in place only for lower end bikes but for premium bikes, Triumph should serve us directly without involving Bajaj.

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd March 2024 at 18:48. Reason: Removed the broken quote tags
Raptron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 11:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptron View Post
Real culprit is the Bajaj-Triumph India combination. This combination should remain in place only for lower end bikes but for premium bikes, Triumph should serve us directly without involving Bajaj.
I don't think so. At least in Bangalore, most owners seem to be happier with Khivraj (brought in after the Bajaj partnership) than the old established Triumph dealer.

Triumph's horrible reputation in India and all the service issues dates back to the day that Triumph launched in India - way before Bajaj entered the picture.

Agreed Bajaj may be interested only in the smaller capacity motorcycles but the large displacement bikes were abandoned by Triumph long before Bajaj came along so blaming the partnership or Bajaj is just giving Triumph a free pass for the mess they created.
VellVector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 14:56   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brio2014 View Post
Sorry to hear about your ordeal over what should have been a straight forward repair job. I now have a used 2016 Street Twin and have been prepared for quite the ride with Triumphs iffy Customer Service well documented on here.

Would be great to know of any Triumph groups in Bangalore that are able to help each other on Triumph products with information or product availability and the right place to service the bikes outside of Triumph.
I recently had my brake pads and air filter changed at Highlander in HSR Layout, and I was thoroughly impressed with their service and expertise. They charge very reasonable labor fees. I highly recommend them.
ridealong_vr04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 20:38   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
Keerthi Triumph and the dealership/service experience of other Triumph outlets have been in the public domain for ages. Customers both existing and prospective are dissing on the brand. Even if their maths is skewed, what on earth is their brand management team doing by not taking this seriously? Are they not worried about the long-term implications of ruining their name like this in India?
They're opening a new dealership in Mangalore. The old one closed because tier 2 city didn't have many buyers. Some prospective customers enquired about them on social media page which was promoting the launch and I told them to go see the plight of existing owners in a Metro before plonking money on these products in a tier 2 city. Hopefully they will do their due research on Keerthis customers before shelling out their money.
Old 24th April 2024, 15:27   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
They're opening a new dealership in Mangalore. The old one closed because tier 2 city didn't have many buyers. Some prospective customers enquired about them on social media page which was promoting the launch and I told them to go see the plight of existing owners in a Metro before plonking money on these products in a tier 2 city. Hopefully they will do their due research on Keerthis customers before shelling out their money.
As enthusiasts, it would give us immense pleasure to recommend our own bike to others. What a sad state for Triumph that we cant even suggest our friends to invest in this brand and justifiably so. I hope someone who needs to read this is paying attention.
shabih is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks