Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2004, 17:38   #1
Team-BHP Support

2005 Suzuki GSXR1000

Just look at this will you! I mean, a few years ago, proper World Superbikes didn't pack so much power and technology! Now any idiot can go into the Suzuki showroom (ofcoure, those idiots should live OUTSIDE India...sheesh), and ride out on one with zero downpayment and $150 a month payments!

Specifications

Engine: 998.6cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC
Bore Stroke: 73.4 x 59.0mm
Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Ignition: Digital/transistorized
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #530 chain
Overall Length: 2030mm (80.0 in.)
Overall Width: 710mm (28.0 in.)
Overall Height: 1130mm (44.5 in.)
Seat Height: 810mm (31.9 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1405mm (55.3 in.)
Dry Weight: 166 kg (365 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Suspension Rear: Link-type, gas/oil-damped, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70-ZR-17
Tires Rear: 190/50-ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 18 liter (4.8 gal.)

Well...back to my Pulsar now....

Rt
Old 30th September 2004, 18:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

This surely looks crazy......Meaty Performance too.
X
Old 30th September 2004, 18:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

its power is boosted to 175bhp at the crank (around 155bhp at the rear wheel) – according to MCN’s sources
Old 30th September 2004, 21:25   #4
BHPian

Well, the performance looks good but what have they done with the exhaust (feel pity for the bike). Hope other makes and models don't adopt that.

Any other 2005 models guys?
Old 24th October 2005, 21:01   #5
BANNED

suzuki bikes suk on the whole. they dont even hav half of the yamaha race victories. for me its the yamaha r1
Old 24th October 2005, 21:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDA_89
suzuki bikes suk on the whole. they dont even hav half of the yamaha race victories. for me its the yamaha r1
man ur ID says HONDA and u say ur a yam fan....lol...R1 rulz
Old 24th October 2005, 21:28   #7
BHPian

What a way of getting an old dead thread to life. Do race victories mean better bikes??? Ferrari lost this most of the races this season at F1 does that mean all Ferrari road cars made this year suck???
Old 26th October 2005, 18:48   #8
BANNED

wat i meant to say was that yamaha bikes hav better race track capabilities. thats it. the amount of race victories speak for them selfs. and yes my id does say honda bcoz i own a honda city apart from my rd. dat dusnt mean dat i cant appreciate yamaha. does it??
Old 14th February 2006, 22:19   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDA_89
Bro I seriously hope u know what you are speaking. Suzuki GSXR 1000 is the most successful track bike in the history of racing. Have a look at who wins the AMA Superbike, World Superbike, Australian Superbike, Isle of Mann, German Superbike, Canadian superbike championships and on which bike. Apart from one or two races Yamaha R1 has never seen a podium...
Old 15th February 2006, 00:56   #10
BHPian

Well, since u mentioned the R1, have u heard of the R7??? Yamaha produced a limited run of the motorcycle inorder to meet one of the regulations of the Gran Prix that states that a road going model of every race bike has to be produced and sold in the market. The R7 takes the R1 any day..... But yeah, the R1 does score over most bikes in the handling department.
Old 15th February 2006, 01:56   #11
BHPian

If looks could kill sure the R1's deadly, however I don't even think it stands a chance near the previous generation Ninja ZX-10 which is absolutely unforgiving, outright lethal. GSX-R is a far fetched thought for the R1 I think. But all this in picture only when you're squeezing the last out of each of these (unless you're twisting the throttle on your ninja without thinking twice
Old 15th February 2006, 01:57   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylohere
Well, since u mentioned the R1, have u heard of the R7??? Yamaha produced a limited run of the motorcycle inorder to meet one of the regulations of the Gran Prix that states that a road going model of every race bike has to be produced and sold in the market. The R7 takes the R1 any day..... But yeah, the R1 does score over most bikes in the handling department.
I had heard that the R7 was hyper expensive limited edition and it was a joke among bike journalists that even the body work of the R7 would be more expensive than the R1 itself.
Old 15th February 2006, 13:26   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylohere
In the base trim the R7 to my knowledge cant take an R1. I think there were around 500 bikes produced with the most trick parts available. It was Yamaha's first real effort at Fuel Injection. However the bike never could take the limelight from Honda's VTR 1000 and is one the "Great but for nothing" models. Handling is something very specific to riders and I wont comment on that. I am not sure but I think Ducati will/has come out with a tricked out road going track bike ... in lieu with Yamaha R7 to compete in the world superbike racing...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks