Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2005, 08:09   #31

Guys,

As far as I know, that bike was a prototype made by Dodge. Yes, I know Dodge is a car company, but that bike was made by dodge and it had a viper engine in it at the time..

I don't think Triumph ever made a bike like that..
Old 6th April 2005, 08:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
Price/availability: £11,990 on the road. On sale now. Contact Triumph Motorcycles Ltd (01455 251700, www.triumph.co.uk).

Engine/transmission: 2,294cc, three-cylinder four-stroke with 12 valves; 140bhp at 5,750rpm, 147lb ft of torque at 2,500rpm. Five-speed gearbox, shaft final drive.

Performance: top speed 140mph (electronically governed), average fuel consumption 38mpg (estimated).
these specs are for rocket 3
Old 6th April 2005, 10:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
yeah dude now since you mentioned it , at first i thought it would be easy but when i saw the pic again, i just realized that if one tries to corner, wont the wheels on the other side come off the ground??
Dude

thts the best part about this meanie

All 4 wheels have independent suspensions.. so during turning/banking, the wheels are at different levels but are in contact with the surface.

Classy funda..
Old 6th April 2005, 10:47   #34
BHPian

and is priced between 150k and 200k usd
Old 21st July 2005, 01:49   #35
BHPian

The Tomahawk is a Viper V-10 based motorcycle, a 500 horsepower engine with four wheels beneath it. The engine breathes through twin throttle bodies mounted right up front. (That's what the two round things above the front tires are).

Chrysler sold nine replicas through Neiman Marcus, for up to $555,000 each. The motorcycles cannot be legally driven on public roads. A Chrysler spokesman told Reuters they were meant as rolling sculptures - but they can probably still be driven on private roads (the rolling-sculpture comment may be designed to avoid legal liability).

The Tomahawk concept is an awesome-sounding machine; we have not driven it, as you may expect, but did see it started up and revved. Clouds of blue smoke vied for attention with the throaty rumble of the mighty V-10, and hitting the gas visibly opened the twin throttle body blades up front where the headlight would normally be. Though deeper and more rumbling than most motorcycles, it did not seem to be louder overall - just deeper and less shrill.

Rumors had the Tomahawk selling for under $200,000, most likely at a loss or breakeven price, for publicity purposes - but still fully drivable. Wolfgang Bernhard, Chrysler's first mate at introduction time, was said to be enthusiastic about that project, so much so that hundreds were projected to be built at under $200,000 each. They reportedly cost Chrysler over $100,000 to build (the work is outsourced).

The Dodge Tomahawk can reach 60 miles an hour in about 2.5 seconds, and has a theoretical top speed of nearly 400 mph. Each pair of wheels is separated by a few inches and each wheel has an independent suspension. Bernhard said four wheels were necessary to handle the power from the engine.

ENGINE :

500 bhp (372 kW) @ 5600 rpm (60.4 bhp/liter); 525 lb.-ft. (712 Nm) @ 4200 rpm
10-cylinder 90-degree V-type, liquid-cooled, 505 cubic inches (8277 cc)
356-T6 aluminum alloy block with cast-iron liners, aluminum alloy cylinder heads

Bore x Stroke:

4.03 inches x 3.96 inches (102.4 x 100.6)
Two pushrod-actuated overhead valves per cylinder with roller-type hydraulic lifters
Sequential, multi-port electronic fuel injection with individual runners

Compression Ratio:

9.6:1

Max Engine Speed:

6000 rpm

Fuel Requirement:

Unleaded premium, 93 octane (R+M/2)

Oil System:

Dry Sump; takes 8 quarts Mobil1 10W30 Synthetic

Cooling System:

Twin aluminum radiators mounted atop engine intake manifolds, force-fed from front-mounted, belt-driven turbine fan. Takes 11 quarts of antifreeze.
Exhaust System: Equal-length tubular stainless steel headers with dual collectors and central rear outlets

PERFORMANCE:

0-60 mph: 2.5 seconds (est.)
(Some estimate 1.9)
Top Speed: 300+ mph (est.)

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:

Alternator: 136-amp high-speed

Battery: Leak-resistant, maintenance-free 600 CCA

Lighting: Headlights consist of 12 five-watt LEDs, front, with beam-modifying optics and masked lenses. Eight LEDs, rear. Headlamps articulate with wheels.

SUSPENSION:

Front:

Outboard, single-sided parallel upper and lower control arms made from polished billet aluminum. Mounted via ball joint to aluminum steering uprights and hubs. Five degrees caster. Single, fully adjustable centrally located coil-over damper (2.25-inch coil with adjustable spring perch); pullrod and rocker-actuated mono linkage. Center-lock racing-style hubs

Rear:

Hand-fabricated box-section steel inboard swing arms, incorporating "hydral-link" lockable recirculating hydraulic circuit parking stand. Single fully adjustable centrally located Koni coil-over damper (2.25-inch coil with adjustable spring perch); pushrod and rocker-actuated mono linkage. Center-lock racing-style hubs

STEERING:

Dual hub center type steering.
Steering Linkage: Rocker arm and push/pull rod with roller bearings. Polished billet aluminum steering yoke with turned aluminum grips and billet levers
Steering Lock: 20 degrees, left and right
Lean Angle: 45 degrees, left and right

BRAKES:

Front:

20-inch perimeter-mounted drilled machined stainless steel rotors, one per wheel. Two four-piston fixed aluminum calipers per wheel (16 pistons total), custom designed. Blue anodized caliper finish. Hand-activated.

Rear:

20-inch perimeter-mounted drilled cast-iron rotors, one per wheel. One four-piston fixed aluminum caliper per wheel (8 pistons total), custom designed. Blue anodized caliper finish. Foot-activated.

TIRES and WHEELS (4):

Type and Material: Billet aluminum discs, asymmetrical
Size, Front (2): 20x4
Size, Rear (2): 20x5

Tires Mfr. and Model: Dunlop custom-made symmetrical
Size, Front (2): P120/60R-20
Size, Rear (2): P150/50R-20

Image : Dodge Tomahawk

Image Courtesy : www.allpar.com
Old 21st July 2005, 11:27   #36
BANNED

Does it come with a drag chute?
Old 21st July 2005, 11:43   #37
Team-BHP Support

Guys, this thread is about the Rocket III. Please stick with that. If you want to discuss another bike, think about starting another thread.
Old 21st July 2005, 18:40   #38
BHPian

The Rocket III is not faster than a busa or a 12r. I think I'd given the supporting figures in a thread elsewhere.

And the Dodge Tomahawk is nothing but a mere concpet. It's never gonna beat the busa or 12r in terms of top speed. All you hear everywhere is, theoretically it can do this, theoretically it can do that. But have you seen a single test of it doing crazy speeds? No! That's coz it's nothign but a publicity gimmick. Nothing more than a show-piece..Anyone can fit a 1000hp engine on a chassis with 2 wheels, but can you make it go? It's for a simple reason, Aerodynamics.
In my books, the Tomahawk is all show no go. The y2k, now that is one interesting bike.
Old 21st July 2005, 20:18   #39
BHPian

Now thats what I call a MEAN MACHINE...lol 0-50 in 1 sec,mind blowing
Old 23rd July 2005, 16:25   #40

hey man dats an awsome bike der !!!! any i dead where i can pick up a honda cbr or a bmw Rs in north india delhi or somewhere..........?
Old 6th August 2005, 11:25   #41
BHPian

Hmm...., now have seen that Tomahwk before also, but am yet to see that beauty in action!....and about that Rocket III, already someone in India has it!
Old 26th August 2005, 16:07   #42
BHPian

the only rocket III in north india..
and me sitting on it..

BunnyPunia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2005, 17:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

WHOA!!! Details..... fast!!!
Old 26th August 2005, 18:07   #44
Team-BHP Support

Let's keep a lid on cross posting please.
Old 27th August 2005, 00:48   #45
BHPian

whoa...x-bhp mod here in t-bhp..
nice bike btw....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks