Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2008, 14:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

^^Its called 'Bharat Petroleum', Helen Keller
Old 29th March 2008, 22:07   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
i'd suggest you try sneaking in some chain spray alongwith the other stuff you're bringing down. Remember to get the smaller bottles, liquid in the larger bottles would go bad if kept stored for a long time.
Manson,

Wouldnt this be an issue ? Im just assuming that the shipping company will need all the fluids removed from the bike before shipping (so there is nothing flamable/hazardous in the container), hence sneaking in a bottle of that stuff might not be possible?

cya
R
Old 30th March 2008, 18:25   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Manson,

Wouldnt this be an issue ? Im just assuming that the shipping company will need all the fluids removed from the bike before shipping (so there is nothing flamable/hazardous in the container), hence sneaking in a bottle of that stuff might not be possible?

cya
R
I think it would mostly imply having a dry fuel tank and negligible engine oil.
Most other fluids could remain while shipping the bike, prabhu could you clarify this??
About the chain spray, he would have to sneak it in his normal luggage when he's flying down. You're not allowed to carry down lubricants etc as luggage, and most of this is confiscated when passing through customs, thats the reason i said 'sneak' it in, probably tip the officer sorts.
And its quite difficult to get hold a small bottle here locally, the gray market guys usually only bring down the larger cans which are mainly for the mechanics since their usage is a lot more, and would findih the can much before the fluid goes bad.

manson.
Old 31st March 2008, 13:05   #19
BHPian

You are supposed to have less than a quarter tank of petrol in your tank. other than that, no other fluids need to be drained. The battery needs to be disconnected. I forgot about the petrol and had 2/3 of the tank full. nobody bothered me.

The shipper will need your original title. Some ports will stamp on the title that it has been exported.

Even in the best of cases the chances of you clearing the bike in Chennai are slim. So expect the battery to be flat in that time. I would honestly advice against riding an uninsured, unregistered bike from chennai to bangy, particularly since you have been away so long.

I trucked mine in. Worth the 6 grand it costed me.

I live in Bangy and have the best mech you can find. So service will not be a problem.

Thanks
Vijay
Old 1st April 2008, 02:24   #20
BHPian

Nitrous,

I will post here, just before I get to Chennai. We can meet up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The huge Bharat Petroleum pump on the Chennai Airport Road has Speed 97.
If you're clearing it in Chennai, do let us know so we could have a meet and check the R0.6
Old 1st April 2008, 02:27   #21
BHPian

Vijay,

Thank you for the all the inputs. I had totally ignored insurance! I guess its best to have my bike trucked to Bangalore.

Let's meet up in Namma Bengalooru

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
I would honestly advice against riding an uninsured, unregistered bike from chennai to bangy, particularly since you have been away so long.

I trucked mine in. Worth the 6 grand it costed me.
Thanks
Vijay
Old 1st April 2008, 02:28   #22
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the great tips. I look forward to getting my bike into Bangalore.
Old 4th June 2008, 18:20   #23
BHPian

How is the registration process in Bangalore? What docs does the RTO ask for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks