Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2008, 12:00   #1
BANNED

CBR 600 stolen - caught on tape

These XXXXXXX did this in broad daylight.

Note from Mod - This kind of language is certainly NOT permitted on Team-BHP, prasadee. Please refrain from using abusive language, even indirectly on this board

Last edited by ajmat : 13th January 2008 at 15:05.
prasadee is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th January 2008, 12:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats bad dude, it was just wait and watch and then zoom off with the bike. However, i was surprised the van was parked in the right of way traffic close by other cars and it was for more than 3 minutes. Hmm maybe its not that busy street @ that hour as well.
Old 13th January 2008, 16:53   #3
BHPian

I thought that the guy will ride it; but lifting it and putting it inside the van?! I never expected that.

That must be the police CCTV camera, right?
Old 13th January 2008, 17:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

I do not understand at all. If he wanted to steal the vehicle he could have very well done it. Why wait for so long. The lane as it is was empty with a very few people walking. OR was it his own vehicle?
Old 13th January 2008, 19:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dont bikes have security system? You can install security system i think.

The robbery seemed quite well planned, the owner of the bike must have gone for lunch.
Old 13th January 2008, 19:28   #6
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I do not understand at all. If he wanted to steal the vehicle he could have very well done it. Why wait for so long. The lane as it is was empty with a very few people walking. OR was it his own vehicle?
Looks like they were waiting for the side lane to clear, so that they could position their van (two vehicles came from the left and turned into the main road, just ahead of the bike, and a couple of vehicles also turned into the side lane from behind). Then they might have waited for the signal behind to turn red and maybe also made sure that there weren't any passers-by when they made their move. If this was a genuine crime (rather than a hoax) then I think the police have enough leads to nab the crooks.

Last edited by rks : 13th January 2008 at 19:32.
Old 13th January 2008, 20:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
have you tried to load something as heavy as the bike? how long does it take to plan.

and then, did you do it when you had to make sur ethe owner was not around . think of the planning, this was one quick robbery in that sense.
Old 13th January 2008, 20:24   #8
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
If this was a genuine crime (rather than a hoax) then I think the police have enough leads to nab the crooks.
I could not make out any number plate on the front of the van, despite going to full screen mode and zooming in. Looks like it was removed (or was it edited out?). Note that the number plate can be clearly made out in other vehicles, especially in the car parked behind the bike (after the bike is removed).

This makes me suspect that the video is a fake. Would genuine crooks remove the number plates? Seems to be a sure way to attract unwanted attention from the cops or even passers-by in the US. Would be much better to have fake number plates.
Old 13th January 2008, 20:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
have you tried to load something as heavy as the bike? how long does it take to plan.
Not with two men. The bike should be heavy (maybe around 150~200 kgs) and imagine two men lifting easily and putting into the car.

Wonder if this is real. If it is, then, it would not be possible to load the bike into the car so easily.

Last edited by snaronikar : 13th January 2008 at 20:58.
Old 13th January 2008, 20:50   #10
BHPian

some states don't require front license plates. they might have planned it such that their plate wouldn't show up in the camera.
Old 13th January 2008, 22:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not with two men. The bike should be heavy (maybe around 150~200 kgs) and imagine two men lifting easily and putting into the car.
They must be doing 400kgs + deadlift
Old 13th January 2008, 23:14   #12
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelntoe View Post
some states don't require front license plates.
You are right, this fact is explicitly mentioned in the comments under the video. Here is a comment from the owner himself, who posted this video:

Quote:
cbiconsulting (3 months ago)

I posted this video. I got this video footage from the building security cameras where I live. Police have seen it, but no one has been arrested as far as I know. I have different camera angles, but could not get a license plate.
Anyway, getting a license plate may not have been of much use if the van or the number plate was stolen (likely, as pointed out in the comments).

Last edited by rks : 13th January 2008 at 23:25.
Old 14th January 2008, 08:27   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
This makes me suspect that the video is a fake. Would genuine crooks remove the number plates? Seems to be a sure way to attract unwanted attention from the cops or even passers-by in the US. Would be much better to have fake number plates.
In California you can drive around without a front number plate. I think it is a secondary offence. They will not stop you for this reason alone. But, they will cite you, and ask you to fix it within certain number of days, and showup at the police station to clear the citation.

I am not sure about NY, which is where this was recorded. I will not be surprised if they have a similar law.

Last edited by prasadee : 14th January 2008 at 08:29.
Old 14th January 2008, 08:37   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Dont bikes have security system? You can install security system i think.

The robbery seemed quite well planned, the owner of the bike must have gone for lunch.
A security system can be installed, but a lot of people who park their bikes inside garages (at night) do not install these. Every year bikes get lighter and lighter, making it easier for the crooks .

I used to carry a chain lock, and tie my bike to a pillar, or something else, to make it a little more harder. I switched to disk brake locks as they are easy to carry. A security system is the best option, but a chainlock should help as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks