Team-BHP - Legality of my Yoshimura Carbon Fiber sound levels
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Legality of my Yoshimura Carbon Fiber sound levels (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/38725-legality-my-yoshimura-carbon-fiber-sound-levels-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedcrazy (Post 806331)
Firstly the cops cannot fine you unless they have measured the levels on a dB meter. The constables ears do not count. I doubt they would have issued you a receipt, just intimidated you into paying them a bribe.

Wrong. The cops ears count as much as they want them to count! Would you like to get into an argument with an idiot who doesn't even know anything about Indian bikes let alone these SBK's? Besides, once you get into an argument with him, his ego will come into play and then you've had it. All of us at all times have something better to do then stand in the sun arguing with these morons. It's best to avoid them as a rule of thumb. Just in case you cant, and get caught, just pay 50-100 bucks get the hell out of there instead of him starting to demand more and asking you to come here and there with him. We don't have the time to prove them wrong and tell them that there is no such rules. Even they know that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 807341)
Wrong. The cops ears count as much as they want them to count! Would you like to get into an argument with an idiot who doesn't even know anything about Indian bikes let alone these SBK's? Besides, once you get into an argument with him, his ego will come into play and then you've had it. All of us at all times have something better to do then stand in the sun arguing with these morons. It's best to avoid them as a rule of thumb. Just in case you cant, and get caught, just pay 50-100 bucks get the hell out of there instead of him starting to demand more and asking you to come here and there with him. We don't have the time to prove them wrong and tell them that there is no such rules. Even they know that.

I was recently stopped while driving my friend's Benz and the senior cop I addressed didn't like it when I called it harassment as:
1) I'd lived in the area for 12 years and all the cops knew me, 2) that particular car drove past the police station every single day.

The days are gone when they'd have had to contemplate a transfer to Siberia if they stopped a Merc. Anyway, they let me off. But the Bangalore cops don't have it easy. The city is bursting at the seams and a lot of the 'bursting' happens on the roads. It's sad but the place is losing its culture. They are stressed, but ineffectual. I've had 2 scooters and a cycle stolen over the last 8-10 years- all from the same area and obviously by the same gang, so their rationale of nailing people for minor infarctions doesn't make sense to me when the same cop station hasn't anything to say about my missing vehicles. It's a wood for the trees story.