Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 18:21   #1
BHPian

sbk purchase: gsxr 750 or ZX-10r ??

nearly two months back i paid some amount and booked a blue white 08 gxr 750 now it was promised withing 10 days and now its going past 2 months

i live in saudi and in about 10 days we start the official eid holidays and will last nearly 2 weeks. i dont wanna sit and home and sulk

i went and had a look at the ninja 10 r its awesome and i might get it at a discount a little higher than the 750 though.

what to do wait another 1 month for the 750 or stike a deal for the 08 zx 10 r

help me deicide on the biked qualities and features like riding position ,
acc etc etc riding and maintenance experiences will be highly apprectiated. if i buy the 750 what will i expect and if i buy the 1000 what will i expect and so on.

my last bike was a RD350 this bike i buy will be keeping for atleast 3 years so dont wanna start on a 600. no option of buying a used.

thanx for ur advice
Old 13th September 2008, 19:13   #2
Team-BHP Support

Considering you have owned an RD, the 750 would be a great start into the big bike scene, and entertaining enough for three years. 600 handling characteristics mated with almost liter power.
But if you're not going to have it soon, just get the kwacker. Apparently, its just as bad & cocky as the 04-05 ZX-10s.
The front on the ZX-10 is not the best looking though, but looks are subjective.

manson.
Old 13th September 2008, 19:24   #3
BHPian

im not too bothered about the looks but then again i wouldnt go for the cbr 1000
i do like the way the kwacker looks. but thats not what im gonna b deciding my purchase on

is the kwacks riding position similar to the r1 meaning to track oriented.
i dont want the drive to be a chore and later blame myself for not waiting
i heard the gixxers is comfortable

another thing ive heard about the ninja is that its more track oriented and very very scary to drive due to the power delivery 170 horses!!!!

do advice on other aspects as well thanx

Last edited by gt_mustang : 13th September 2008 at 19:25.
Old 13th September 2008, 20:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Read this article. It should help you a bit in deciding.

2008 Superbike Smackdown V - MotorcycleUSA.com
Old 14th September 2008, 01:35   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Read this article. It should help you a bit in deciding.

2008 Superbike Smackdown V - MotorcycleUSA.com
There is a plethora of superbike shootouts, but trust me all of these are just as good as the others. The adavantages, and attributes highlighted in most of these tests are mostly not eploited even by seasoned riders, whether on track or on street. And, there is a good chance this being your first bike, you are not going to be able to distinguish on similar grounds either.

Just buy what you feel more comfortable riding, appeals more to you, and on which you get a better deal, obviosuly accompanied by great after sales service.
A few months back, another member from the middel east had posted about suzukis holding better resale value in that part of the world, just incase it was of importance to you as well.

manson.
Old 14th September 2008, 03:36   #6
BHPian

thanx

the other member was me but then latest ive found out is its gonna take 1-2 months for the suzuki and it will be the 08 model no discounts

went to kawa earlier and got a good disc on the 08 10 r so thats it
its as good as booked
Old 14th September 2008, 08:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Could you tell me why you didn't you go for the Honda?
Old 14th September 2008, 10:59   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Could you tell me why you didn't you go for the Honda?
I remember him even mentioning that Honda A.S.S. & resale was one of the worst in the middle east, maybe thats why he didn't consider Honda.

manson.
Old 14th September 2008, 14:58   #9
BHPian

what a great memory

yes honda has the worst resale and worst after sales
plus kawa has that mean character

i wish i could have started with the 750 but alas i cannot wait another 2 months
the weather has started to cool down with nights becoming pleasant the riding season will start now ive waited one whole year to purchase the gxxr and now i cannot wait any longer question being why should i

what difference does it make if i uy the suzuki or honda or kawa they are all similar and me being a new sbk rider would not be able to differentiate anyways plus except for the cbr 1000 they all look mean and wicked!!!!
Old 14th September 2008, 15:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Why not the ZX-14 then? You don't plan to take the 10R on the track, do you? Its the ideal bike to be riding everyday with its comfortable riding position.
Old 15th September 2008, 13:01   #11
BHPian

well frankly my budget was stretched far enuff for the gxxr 750
but since they blew me off like that it pissed my hyderabadi nawabi thought process
which defied all logic and made me go for the kawa which is the meanest and baddest of the lot. so saw the 10r loved it im even getting a steerin damper with it. so ive stretched a little more since i got a good discount on it.

the zx-14 is a sports tourer if im not wrong . there will be a time in the future when i would want a comfortale bike. but na right now lets enjoy the sbk's

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks