Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 09:57   #1
BHPian

New Bee - yamaha MT01

I thank the moderator for accepting my membership to this only & wonderful india centric auto forum.

Hi ALL. I took a test ride of new 2008 Yamaha 2008 & found it to be outrageously power packed beast. Man i surely was dreaming ! The wonderful power packed pickup of 90 horses pulling me. I enjoyed every moment of throttle & seemed to like a hell lot for every good reason (though my family is dead against such a bike esp the scene of road scenes on delhi roads caused by raging bulls called blue lines etc.) I enjoyed the envious looks in other riders on road even from the one who were driving accords or civics etc people now seem to know a lot about this 12L bikes they were murmuring about the bikes when i was at RED lights !

I after riding for about half an hour have few doubts .

1. The ride was comfy on butts but my palms were red & soaring in pain . is it cos of the vibration caused by the massive engine torque or perhaps i was riding bikes after a long haul of 7years.

2. I felt the bike was very heavy for balancing when staying steady & I almost slipped it when trying to park in my drive way. any tips as to how to balance such a bike with a frame of 5'7" & 85 KG

How has been your exp so far with the riding on MT01 so far !!! I have no doubt placed my order & waiting for the delivery to come thru . I shall post the pix soon after .

JB (hey thats my real name, my parents seemed too much in for the cartoon character & hence my name !!!)

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th November 2008 at 11:20. Reason: Removed extra dots. Please avoid making dotty posts
Old 4th November 2008, 11:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jonny Bravo

Welcome to Team BHP, though I'm not sure which of the two intro threads you have posted will be deleted. I hope my reply survives the correction.

90 bhp is not a lot of power for a 250+ kg bike. What makes it a hoot to drive is not the 90 horses, but the 151nm of Torque.

Yes it is a heavy bike. Get a touring screen or at least a mini touring screen if you plan to stay on the bike at speeds over 140kmph.
Old 4th November 2008, 16:10   #3
BHPian

Touring screen ... Hmmm.

How & what will it help me ... i have been on a shogun between 93-2002 which a fairing just for show ! Touring screen. Will it make a diff to me when i ride under 100 (esp in city) I dont think i shall be making too often on Nat highways which is close to me which shall allow me 140 kinds of speeds. As it is I was really scared when i touched 125KMPH on speedo... i thought i wont be going beyond it as the bike was really giving me chill down the spine. As have driven my c200 till 230Kmph but running a bike at half of that speed really makes me feel scared. As braking a car at 140 is very easy as it would be on a bike.
Old 4th November 2008, 18:53   #4
BHPian

7 years is quite a long time to be out of riding.and getting onto a bike like the MT-01 straight on makes it worse.Try riding some 400's or even karizmas around till u get your biking confidence back.
Old 4th November 2008, 22:23   #5
BHPian

well i dotn have other bie at bay to start practicing. I have just placed my order & am awaiting it delievery any time soon. i am sure in a about a weeks time i shall get the basic confidence to ride MT01

even though after riding straight after & years the biker inside me is still live & kicking so as long as the spirits are there i believe I can drive !!!

but any tips to a safer ride on monster soon to come in my garage !
Old 4th November 2008, 23:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
well i dotn have other bie at bay to start practicing. I have just placed my order & am awaiting it delievery any time soon. i am sure in a about a weeks time i shall get the basic confidence to ride MT01

even though after riding straight after & years the biker inside me is still live & kicking so as long as the spirits are there i believe I can drive !!!

but any tips to a safer ride on monster soon to come in my garage !
Hi Bravo,

Its great to hear what you have booked. I dont think you will have to worry as Yamaha and Bike india together are planning to organise a driver's programme I think you can get a lot of information there and moreover nothing is equivalent to face to face and getting practical, inquire about that programme and make sure you enrol yourself !!

We all are waiting for pictures and reports of your beast.
Old 4th November 2008, 23:29   #7
BHPian

all this while i was wondering to know any other people who own Mt01 ... their experiences & pix !
Old 5th November 2008, 00:00   #8
BANNED

how do u get a TD ???
Old 5th November 2008, 06:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yamaha does not give test rides on the big bikes.
Old 5th November 2008, 09:38   #10
BHPian

yes, but i managed a big long test drive for over 30minutes & 40 kilometers
Old 5th November 2008, 12:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
all this while i was wondering to know any other people who own Mt01 ... their experiences & pix !

Well if I remember things well I think you must contact steeroid.
Old 5th November 2008, 15:27   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...rque-01-a.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...s-my-head.html

Also please go through the threads on TBHP about proper riding safety-gear.

Ride safe,
R
Old 5th November 2008, 16:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, but i managed a big long test drive for over 30minutes & 40 kilometers
And at which showroom was this?
Old 6th November 2008, 06:57   #14
BANNED

Quote:
The ride was comfy on butts but my palms were red & soaring in pain . is it cos of the vibration caused by the massive engine torque or perhaps i was riding bikes after a long haul of 7years.
I am not sure what was wrong with the bike. Did you have any gloves on, considering you rode it for 30 mins? Even if you didnt the handlebar has dampners and deadweights at the end of the steering, you should not be feeling anything especially at lower speeds. Wear gel padded gloves, you should feel no difference between a bike running at 100kmph, and a parked bike handlebar.
I expect some buzziness at higher speeds on smaller bikes, but not on a MT-01.
-Prasadee
Old 6th November 2008, 16:44   #15
BHPian

Quote:

1. The ride was comfy on butts but my palms were red & soaring in pain . is it cos of the vibration caused by the massive engine torque or perhaps i was riding bikes after a long haul of 7years.
Hi bravo !!
Quite a monster you are getting yourself.!!

About the pain in your palms , i think its because of your riding posture(putting too much weight on your shoulder and palms) try shifting your weight around a bit and see if its more comfortable..

Happy riding !!
cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks