Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2005, 23:19   #1

Yzf-r1.

Hello all,

I am moving to (Hyderabad) India in next couple of months. I would like to thank Nitrous for helping me set the ground for buying a R1 as I return.

I am curious to know if there is any one in Hyderabad who owns a R1, if so I would like to know about the mechanic who can help me with the regular maintenence. Any "do's and dont's" when buying the bike will be greatly appreciated.

Bi-Turbo
Old 26th April 2005, 07:25   #2
BHPian

Well i have a cousion of mine who Deals in imported cars and Bikes IN HYDERABAD and he has a Big workshop where he repairs Them...
if you want i will give you his address and number...
i have seen Yamaha 1100cc, Ducati Monster, Intercepter, gold wing and soo on with him in the past few years...

Last edited by zulfikar : 26th April 2005 at 07:35.
Old 26th April 2005, 10:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

there are quite a few r1's in hyderbad.

i really dont know abt the servicing people here as of now.and most of the sbk owners will def not help you out...(thats what i have seen)

but will def find out..(need to catch my dad for that)

will try to find out ...one of my friend's lanlord owns a yamaha crusier.

i believe there is some sort of sbk club in hyd.

when u land up in hyd,will try to make u get in touch with them.

but for the safe side,learn as much as poss abt how to service up ur bike and get loads of spares.
Old 30th April 2005, 02:17   #4

Yzf R1/cbr 1000

Sorry for the late reply was travelling. Thanks for the info guys, I am debating between CBR 1000 and YZF R1. I am kind off inclined to YZF R1 just coz I used to ride a R6 in United states and I loved it. My 2 cents of research shows that CBR 1000 is more reliable and it has bagged more marks than YZF.

Again it is very different when I want to own one of these bikes in India Vs United States; maintenance, access to spares and the driving conditions. Any light on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bi-Turbo
Old 30th April 2005, 06:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

You should take this question to X-bhp, mate. They will tell you which bike works best for Indian conditions. For Indian conditions the following are more important than outright speed.
1. mid-rpm drivability
2. Good suspension to absorb the bumps
3. Engine that can digest indian quality fuel.
4. Ease of getting spares
Old 30th April 2005, 10:34   #6
Team-BHP Support

Both the R1 and the RR are popular bikes in India and you will not have any problems getting the usual spares such as brake pads, filters etc. These are all available off the shelf. But, I suggest you pick up a few sets before you get here anyway.

Honda's traditionally have better resale value here, but the R1 is the exception. So if really comes down to which one you prefer.

From what I've read, the Honda does have a better riding position for our roads though.
Old 30th April 2005, 21:49   #7

Thanks for the info guys. Can you please help me with the octane that we get in India (Hyderabad). I checked with Nitrous and he said it is common to find 90 + octane in all cities.

Rtech/Mpower thanks for the info. Like Rtech said it might be difficult to judge the right bike for Indian road conditions.

Bi-Turbo
Old 1st May 2005, 11:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

currently 91 octane.
hope fully 93 octane should be available soon. reliance outlets opening up in hyd.
Old 1st May 2005, 21:20   #9

Thanks for responding aadix. Please do share any additional information that you have related to these bikes in Hyderabad. Will get in touch with you when I get back to India.
Old 5th May 2005, 22:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
currently 91 octane.
don't u get "speed 93" in any of the major Bharat Petroleum pumps??
Old 6th May 2005, 04:50   #11
BHPian

hey buddy when you say 91 octane do you mean pure octane or with additives?...well i think buddy the r1 is just the perfect bike...according to the road conditions and yea also the handling and yea the mid range ride...its just perfect...spares are easilt available...cheers...!
Old 6th May 2005, 06:28   #12

Thanks for the info guys, I am seriously having trouble to make my decission between CBR 1000 RR vs YZF R1. I have to admit I am a Yam guy, but I have checked some reviews and looks like Honda will be better for Indian roads. Let me know your thoughts guys. I am sure you can talk from the experience, where as I am making lot of assumtions. Any inputs that will help me make my mind will be greatly appreciated.... :-)
Old 6th May 2005, 08:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

sure bi-turbo no probs.

no nitrous, no speed 93 yet in hyd.
Old 6th May 2005, 11:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bi-Turbo,

RTech has summed it up quite well but to add to it, form what i have learned from SBK dealers & a fried who owns one is that the part for Honda are relatively easier to fetch. But again nowadays most of the stuff can be ordered directly from E-bay & similar sites.

But yes it would be better if you get the normal parts whihc tend to wear, line brake pads, linings a spare chain set, filters etc before coming.
Old 6th May 2005, 11:17   #15
BANNED

Hi Bi-turbo,
If I were you I would consider the Honda VFR. I am not sure if you would agree but I felt the R6/R1 has a much more sporty riding position, and firm seats. But, I can put hundreds of miles on my CBR at a stretch. I have a colleague with a VFR who put 800 miles in a day. May be I am getting too old for the R1s, and GSXRs.

Considering the road conditions in India, there will be a lot of stress on your elbows when you getinto the spory riding position for a long time. A slightly upright sport bike with a comfortable seat would be ideal.

-Prasadee

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks