Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2005, 08:00   #1

Imported bike - need help with supplies

Hey all,

I have recently imported a KTM 640 Adventure (single cylinder 4 stroke) to Delhi. I have most of the spares that I need to service the bike a year or two, but I am having a tough time finding the oils I need.

Does anyone know of a supplier in Delhi, Bangalore or Mumbai that can help me with the following:

* Fully Synthetic Engine Oil - 10W 50 or 15W 50
* DOT 4 Brake Fluid
* Air Filter Cleaner
* Air Filter Oil
* Fork Oil SAE 5W

Any help wil be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 2nd May 2005, 11:42   #2
BHPian

1) Synthetic engine oil...
you get Mobil1 5w50 and Motul 15w50 fully synthetic easily in India.
In our weather it doesn't matter whether you use 5w50 or 15w50. Both are 50 weight oil. Its only when its really cold that it makes a difference

** Mobil1 will be available in large oil shops, or ask at large car dealerships where they source theirs.

** email motul@alsl.net and ask them where Motul products are available in Delhi.

3) K&N air filter cleaner and oil is available at most car accessory shops. Just go where they have fancy alloys displayed and ask for it.

4) Ditto brake fluid. My mechanic told me the Merc and Toyota brake fluids are the best.

Generally in India, you need to buy the stuff you get for expensive cars, and use it on the bike. Works very well for me.
Everything from coolant to brake oil, I pick it up at the toyota dealership, or spareparts store. Even the honda city oil filter can be used on some bikes!!

About the Fork oil, pls ask a mechanic. I'm not sure on the weights that are available here.

Pls try all avenues before importing consumables. You would be surprised at the things you get off the shelf in India(with a little searching)

Last edited by epyupc : 2nd May 2005 at 11:44.
Old 2nd May 2005, 13:49   #3
BHPian

and by the way, nice bike...

some pics would be great
Old 2nd May 2005, 23:44   #4

Quick response!

Thanks for the follow up - I am working on getting a photo of my Katoom up on team-bhp!

I will definitely check on the Motul or Mobil Motorcycle engine oil.

The only problem with the K&N Air filter cleaner and oil is that it is for cotton/material filters not foam like the one I have on my KTM... I know Shell, Notoil, Twinair, Motorex makes the stuff I need... and I will continue to look locally for something that will work before importing!

Any other tips/tricks from the some of the folks out there with BMW F650's?

Keep the shiny side up!
Old 3rd May 2005, 16:17   #5
BHPian

Hey that's a nice bike.
I presume u got the orange colour ?
Seems u like to be different. Not many opt for non-jap models.
Any particular reason for choosing this model ?
Anyway, congrats.

It would be great if u could provide some details about how u went about importing the bike like whether u went through a dealer or did it via TR and how much did it cost with the approx break up of the freightage, customs, bribes etc.
I'm sure it will be of help to a lot of us who r otherwise ignorant about the procedure to be followed while importing one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks