Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 16:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Akhil... really sorry to read what happened but then this isnt the best way forward, selling your bike. We are not superbike country so the competence of mechanics for such issues would be strictly below average. Yamaha on their part are doing whatever they can to bring your bike back to life, but its only circumstancial that its taking time. Have faith... your litre would be back soon.
Then why the heck are they charging 13 lakhs for a bike for ? .

I cannot agree with you on the bolded part . If they are not ready why are they selling bikes ? .Why this Pseudo support ? . Sell the bike at 4.5 lakh each and I will take care of it on my own . I will invest 50 - 1 lakh my self and get a decent garage/tools and I and am set for rest of the life .

To give an example from the other forum , a new person bought a brand new honda fireblade in culcutta from delhi showroom .After few days it had some starting trouble , Honda flew in 2 engineers from delhi to calcutta to fix the problem. Thats the kind off service I expect when I have paid 14 lakhs, period.
why does some need to beg and borrow and plead to have it even get it serviced . I know Rossi got a compression gauge to help them identify the problem .

We are ready , their ATTITUDE is not ready.
Again chaltha hai attitude. We need to remind them .

Last edited by black12rr : 15th June 2009 at 17:08.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post

I cannot agree with you on the bolded part . If they are not ready why are they selling bikes ? .Why this Pseudo support ? . Sell the bike at 4.5 lakh each and I will take care of it on my own . I will invest 50 - 1 lakh my self and get a decent garage/tools and I and am set for rest of the life .

To give an example from the other forum , a new person bought a brand new honda fireblade in culcutta from delhi showroom .After few days it had some starting trouble , Honda flew in 2 engineers from delhi to calcutta to fix the problem. Thats the kind off service I expect when I have paid 14 lakhs, period. We are ready , their ATTITUDE is not ready. Again chaltha hai attitude. We need to remind them .
I am not supporting Yamaha... all I said is to keep faith and the bike would be OK.
Coming to the cost of the bike, Yamaha would have loved to price it lower but for the duties the indian government asks to 'protect' the domestic industry. In anycase we are going off topic.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

As I have said on another forum...my own MT01 plans have been put on indefinite hold. This is a very hard decision I have had to take but the factas are there for everyone to see. Small issues that should take hours to fix takes months...and Yamaha stocks practically NO spares in the country. Things like rearsets etc. Take weeks to arrive!

Ive always maintained that India is not ready for superbikes:
1. We have no concept of customer service
2. We lack experienced and qualified mechanics
3. Indians don't follow process...jugaad is king

13+ lakhs buys you a great product with hazy after sales support. There are no further arguments needed for me to stall my MT01 plans...AGAIN.

I feel terrible that this has happened...it has been months of misery and I am not surprised with Akhil's decision. Damn shame...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th June 2009 at 17:43. Reason: Please read the note in post carefully. Thanks
Old 15th June 2009, 17:53   #19
BHPian

Sorry to hear this Rossiter! We should perhaps start demanding SLA for their flagship products from these companies! Have you considered taking the consumer forum route? I sincerely hope they can advice the company to defray costs incurred during this extended period of non-availability?

This thread could help give a jump start to blade sales in India?
Old 15th June 2009, 19:52   #20
BHPian

Hey Akhil Sorry to hear about the status of your bike. These companies take Indians for granted, we pay them hard earned money for their products & this is the type of After Sales Service they give us. Something must be done. ALL THE BEST.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 15th June 2009, 20:38   #21
BHPian

Oh come on people. Damn Indians, damn Yamaha, Sla, blablabla. Does a manufacturer anticipate these kind of serious issues while selling their topnotch product in any country. Grow up now. I do agree with Rossiter that this is not the best support, period. But considering the fact that they wouldn't be readily stocking all types of parts simply because they are not expecting such issues in that product. One batch may have had that issue in Australia. This one may not have that issue (ok it had it, but another batch could be another story).

But coming back to the story, they could have definitely done better, much better. At least making honest statements and keeping them would definitely help the customer understand the situation. That's is what the customer is paying for over and above the grey market imports. So yes, someone there in the hierarchy has taken this very lightly and let me tell that person, you have burnt your fingers pretty bad. R1 is never going to sell again like it did after this widely published fiasco in 2 of India's leading motoring forums. This certainly isn't the impression I expected from a company of Yamaha's repute. I am sorry Yamaha, but I have been watching this silently for long and the outcome has disappointed me thoroughly.
Old 17th June 2009, 13:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thats Sad to know Akhil but I totally understand your decision & agree with it.
Thanks Techno. And I appreciate your help in spreading the awareness about the situation here on Team BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
Does this mean that there are bits of valve in your crankcase? and your engine might have been running with metal in it?
Common sense suggests that there is valve in the crankcase, because there's nowhere else for the bits to go. I have to check with Yamaha about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post

To give an example from the other forum , a new person bought a brand new honda fireblade in culcutta from delhi showroom .After few days it had some starting trouble , Honda flew in 2 engineers from delhi to calcutta to fix the problem. Thats the kind off service I expect when I have paid 14 lakhs, period.
why does some need to beg and borrow and plead to have it even get it serviced . I know Rossi got a compression gauge to help them identify the problem .

We are ready , their ATTITUDE is not ready.
Again chaltha hai attitude. We need to remind them .
Completely agree with the bit about the support. But let me continue that Honda story a bit more. The same engineers tried to fleece the customer by trying to sell him a fancy oil worth Rs 6000/litre, and told him he has to use only this, otherwise his warranty will be voided.

Where is the justice in this kind of treatment meted out to the so-called "premium" owners?
Old 18th June 2009, 02:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

My friends R1 is not starting up and the starter is making a funny sound since last night. It suddenly stalled while riding. The battery seems to be ok. We're taking it to the showroom in Malad tomorrow.

I should also add that these R1's also have a common problem where the engine dies when you put it in 1st gear when its really hot and won't idle. You have to rev a bit and put it into 1st. I know 3 official bikes that are doing this, including the bike I mentioned above.

Last edited by straight6 : 18th June 2009 at 02:44.
Old 18th June 2009, 09:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

I know I am not qualified to discuss this issue here. I am not a superbiker, heck, I am not even a biker now.

I have seen plenty of R1s in Bangalore. Is it available through only one showroom in Bangalore? Or do all showrooms deal with the bike?

1. Why don't all R1 bikers join together and get Yamaha to do the needful without more heart burn to Rossiter.
2. Demand that the bike be brought back to pristine condition or replace it with a brand new one.
3. In SuperBike league, I think word of mouth plays a great deal (at least in India). Tell Yamaha what negative publicity can do even to their Indian versions.
4. It is indeed unfortunate that the Yamaha bosses in India are playing second-fiddle to Japan. They should know that the Indian customers pay a hell lot more than their European or other Asian counterparts, just because they love their bikes.
5. Superbike owners should put their foot down on this.
Old 18th June 2009, 09:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

@discoverwild:there is a yamaha showroom in cochin- shinrai yamaha.It will be the nearest.
M/s Shinrai Automobiles Pvt Ltd

Last edited by deepclutch : 18th June 2009 at 09:44.
Old 18th June 2009, 11:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I should also add that these R1's also have a common problem where the engine dies when you put it in 1st gear when its really hot and won't idle. You have to rev a bit and put it into 1st. I know 3 official bikes that are doing this, including the bike I mentioned above.

hey s6, i too had this issue, but after the yamaha guys drained out all the fuel and tanked it up with 97 octane this prob dissapered after a few runs.

also the other common issue am facing is the bike not starting if i dont use it from a long time, the battery needs to be charged. anyone else facing this issue?

btw whats the life of these batteries?
Old 18th June 2009, 11:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

I agree with discoverwild.

Akhil did you try getting in touch with other R1 owners? I should all of you guys should start putting the pressure on top Yamaha officials.
Old 18th June 2009, 12:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hey s6, i too had this issue, but after the yamaha guys drained out all the fuel and tanked it up with 97 octane this prob dissapered after a few runs.

also the other common issue am facing is the bike not starting if i dont use it from a long time, the battery needs to be charged. anyone else facing this issue?

btw whats the life of these batteries?
My friends bike has been running 97 right from the start and it still happens.

The life of the battery is 3 years. You should replace it after that. You need to start the bike every week atleast and let it idle for around 10 minutes of you're not going to use it.
Old 18th June 2009, 20:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@discoverwild:there is a yamaha showroom in cochin- shinrai yamaha.It will be the nearest.
M/s Shinrai Automobiles Pvt Ltd
Hi Deepclutch,

I have no intention of buying a bike, let alone a superbike. I was only trying to figure out how to help Rossiter here. I think Bangalore has in excess of 20 R1s. If it is a single showroom, then Rossiter could probably gherao the showroom along with other R1 owners and demand an explanation from Yamaha.

My heart burns whenever I have trouble with my Ikon 1.6 which I bought for 50% of the price Rossiter has paid for two wheels and 600 cc less. I can understand how he feels.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
As I have said on another forum...my own MT01 plans have been put on indefinite hold. This is a very hard decision I have had to take but the factas are there for everyone to see. Small issues that should take hours to fix takes months...and Yamaha stocks practically NO spares in the country. Things like rearsets etc. Take weeks to arrive!

There are no further arguments needed for me to stall my MT01 plans...AGAIN.
No thats not a very happening NEWS Bro. I was excited about your plans on Mt01 & trip (proposed) to rajasthan :(

But why so. Mt01 is a gr8 bike & there seems to be no problems what so ever to occur cox of mishandling. As for state of spare & services is same for most of the SBK companies cox not too many buyers so not too much interest in stocking the piles of ware. i too ate my share of wait BUT my bike is back to roar...

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 19th June 2009 at 15:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks