Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 21:47   #31
BHPian

Attended the Bangalore Boot camp this morning, was quite an exhilarating experience. Nice to look, touch, feel and of course ride some of the bikes on has drooled over for years.
Took the bike around for a 4.5 km spin around jayamahal hotel. The restricted ride was quite cruel, we had to limit these engineering monsters to a meagre 45~50 km/hr speeds. After that John gave us an exhaustive tour explaining the features of each one of the product lines.

It was a once in a life time experience. More with pics tomorrow.

Live to ride, ride to live!
Old 30th November 2009, 09:35   #32
BANNED

Guys,

Excellent reporting. Am sure is much better than whatever lame report the magazines will cover.

I, for one am ecstatic that Harley is finally in India. Means access to spares and service for me!! I have a 2009 Nightster, and was planning for some performance mods. Had most of the cosmetic mods done before importing itself and was wondering what to do for the perf. mods when the wonderful news of Harley setting shop came.

The Sportster range is just perfect for Indian conditions. I ride mostly in TN-KL area, where the roads are relatively good, and I absolutely love it. Not difficult to manage in town, either. The long rake and wide front of the Big Twin range makes it difficult to enjoy in India. Sure, they look good as lawn/garage ornaments, but riding it regularly is out of the question, especially since I am not built like the "Terminator".

Have attached pics of my Nightster. I believe HD is having a 2010 Nightster in their fleet here in India. It is Scarlet Red/Vivid Black, whereas mine is Garnet Pearl Orange/Vivid Black. Also, I have done some changes like 2-up seat, alloys (ridiculous price!!), Flame theme decals and footpegs, Mirrors with indicators, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Harley Davidson Boot Camp Experience : Mumbai-img_0185lo.jpg  

Harley Davidson Boot Camp Experience : Mumbai-img_0187lo.jpg  

Old 30th November 2009, 16:14   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
A lovely report . What is the criteria for the invite, i suppose the invitees need to have owned a superbike is it?.
I don't think owning a superbike is a requirement Rotorhead.
Infact i'm not even sure if at the moment / eventually these "boot camps" are events for any biker to (pay(?) and) experience the HDs.

Perhaps luky_13 can shed some more light on this ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
....Also, I have done some changes like 2-up seat, alloys (ridiculous price!!), Flame theme decals and footpegs, Mirrors with indicators, etc.
Nice. Though i'm guessing the pics were before the flame theme decal? Also, no changes made to the exhaust?

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th November 2009 at 16:15.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:49   #34
BANNED

The Flame theme decals are on the bike now. What I mean is decals for Air Filter box, Timing cover, Derby cover, Fuel tank cover, etc. Its one of a few themes you can follow. They have the Skull theme that Shrini78 has on his bike, or the "Live to Ride, Ride to Live" Eagle motif theme, etc.
Old 30th November 2009, 23:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Attended the Bangalore Boot camp this morning, was quite an exhilarating experience. Nice to look, touch, feel and of course ride some of the bikes on has drooled over for years.
!
I saw a set of 5 HDs near the HLL office in Brookefields, and stopped my car in the middle of the road to see them!!I was lost before I got awakened by all the honking behind me and a gentle tap from wifey on the shoulder.She was also excited as she'd bought me a model HD in 2006 from the US and knew about these beauties. These were a real awesome sight, I must say.Must have been the same set as the date was definitely Nov 29th.Awesome! Thanks for the writeup and the reporting..And how did you manage to get invited? Lucky you!

Last edited by rpmx1000 : 1st December 2009 at 00:00.
Old 1st December 2009, 13:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Infact i'm not even sure if at the moment / eventually these "boot camps" are events for any biker to (pay(?) and) experience the HDs.

Perhaps luky_13 can shed some more light on this ... ?
I guess the money is to keep the crowd away and attract genuinely interested buyers or enthusiasts, with the eateries and goodies that come along i don't think it was a bad deal at all.
Old 4th December 2009, 05:45   #37
BHPian

Guys any pics from bangalore event would be appreciated.
post if you have some
Old 4th December 2009, 12:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Guys any pics from bangalore event would be appreciated.
post if you have some
Bangalore Boot Camp is in progress as of now. They must be somewhere near the Airport now, I read it in this morning's Indian Express.

CHEERS,
G D

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th December 2009 at 17:01.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:16   #39
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Expected price range 7 – 15 L INR.
is that an indication given by the Harley boys? That's fantastic pricing !!
Old 5th December 2009, 08:41   #40
BHPian

Some pics of the Bangalore Boot camp... feast your eyes.
Attached Thumbnails
Harley Davidson Boot Camp Experience : Mumbai-dsc_0290.jpg  

Harley Davidson Boot Camp Experience : Mumbai-dsc_0276.jpg  

Harley Davidson Boot Camp Experience : Mumbai-dsc_0287.jpg  

Harley Davidson Boot Camp Experience : Mumbai-dsc_0306.jpg  

Harley Davidson Boot Camp Experience : Mumbai-dsc_0307.jpg  

Harley Davidson Boot Camp Experience : Mumbai-dsc_0270.jpg  

Harley Davidson Boot Camp Experience : Mumbai-dsc_0305.jpg  

Harley Davidson Boot Camp Experience : Mumbai-dsc_0312.jpg  

Old 30th April 2010, 14:55   #41
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I will appreciate a review of the XL 1200N NIGHTSTER. I think this one of the best bikes (or best looking) in between the cheaper XL 883L and the more expensive V-ROD varieties.

Also how is the ownership experience of Harleys bought in India? How about warranties, servicing costs etc? Will also appreciate on road prices in Mumbai.

Thanks in advance,

Max
Old 1st May 2010, 02:20   #42
BHPian

gthang, if you have not already would recommend the oil temp gauge and an aftermarket cooler for the indian riding conditions.
Old 1st May 2010, 15:42   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pune_Bike View Post
gthang, if you have not already would recommend the oil temp gauge and an aftermarket cooler for the indian riding conditions.
HD of Dubai, where I bought the bike and buy other goodies did not have it in stock when I first got the bike, and I never got around to ordering one. There is a digital one with LED indicators that I really want but havent gotten around to buying it yet.

These bikes ride around in the blistering summers and relatively cold winters of the Middle East in stock form without major problems. I could probably gain a slight performance edge by additional cooling of my oil, but not worth the effort of sourcing and installing. Once HD gets to full steam in India and service centers start supporting HD performance parts, I might get a Screaming Eagle one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks