Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 14:54   #1
BHPian

New paintjob for my bike. Suggestions?

guys i am changing my bike's paint job. please help me find a suitable design and please give your ideas on some designs. my opinion is some graphics with the whole bike in black and wheels in gold.please tell me your views.The bike currently looks like this.

Thanks, Regards
Huwaeiguy
Attached Thumbnails
New paintjob for my bike. Suggestions?-adi_9909-small.jpg  

Old 27th February 2010, 16:41   #2
BHPian

hey bro,
i think you should go with a total carbon fibre look or also get real carbon fibre fairings,something that rossi had couple of seasons back on his m1.with a good set of marchessini magnesium & racing sato racing rear sets.what do you say?might cost you a bomb
Old 27th February 2010, 16:50   #3
BHPian

somethin like this.may be without the decal's.
Attached Thumbnails
New paintjob for my bike. Suggestions?-bikepics783157800.jpg  

New paintjob for my bike. Suggestions?-bikepics783156800.jpg  

Old 27th February 2010, 18:16   #4
Team-BHP Support

Are you going to be replacing your helmet & leathers as well, or would you be sticking to the gear from the picture above?

manson.
Old 1st March 2010, 10:17   #5
BHPian

nope, I will be using these leathers for practice. New set of leathers for the race
@ Nandishpal: sir we can do that but pure carbon fibre is not worth because if have a crash i cant rebuild the fairing immediately. any other impressive ideas? please i need more help and soon.
Old 1st March 2010, 12:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Give a consideration to stock R1, especially the Yamaha Blue. IMO, that stands out in the crowd.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy View Post
nope, I will be using these leathers for practice. New set of leathers for the race
@ Nandishpal: sir we can do that but pure carbon fibre is not worth because if have a crash i cant rebuild the fairing immediately. any other impressive ideas? please i need more help and soon.
how much do you think carbon fiber would cost? There is a company in hyd who do carbon fiber stuff.
Old 1st March 2010, 14:59   #8
BHPian

i did not know that carbon fibre stuff is actually made in india also. but what is the cost. how do they charge i mean per sqmetre or sqinch?pls give me the contact details if any
Old 1st March 2010, 21:00   #9
Team-BHP Support

How about an all red with a greyish silver graphic scheme and whels done in titanium silver. Red is slighty loud, but fits in perfectly into motorsports.

manson.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:05   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

all black with silver stickers would look good;wheels must be in a contrasting shade
Old 1st March 2010, 22:28   #11
BHPian

I quite like the decals on this scheme.
Attached Thumbnails
New paintjob for my bike. Suggestions?-proyecto2zp6.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2010, 13:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy View Post
i did not know that carbon fibre stuff is actually made in india also. but what is the cost. how do they charge i mean per sqmetre or sqinch?pls give me the contact details if any
Sir you have my contact details right?

I manufacture carbon fibre in my factory, but it is not worth manufacturing the body kit for the bikes. I already looked at it, and it is just not feasible. To give you an idea, the race fairings that you can procure for 6-7k made out of fibreglass, will cost you 2L on materials alone. Tooling cost etc be damned.

For this reason, I am buying Carbon Fibre parts one by one for my bike. I already have the exhaust protector and the side heat shields in CF. Now planning to get the fenders done as well. Then I'll be custom designing and manufacturing only the tank out of CF.
Old 4th March 2010, 09:32   #13
BHPian

thats right rossister, but what i am trying is not the full CF fairing but just a kind of replica. I have read a lot of articles about carbon fibre material in a kind of cloth, which with help of resins hardens and forms carbon fibre but in the net its around 55 Pounds and a minimum length of 10 yards (width comes in 1.5m and 1.25m) but i dont know where to get the resin from. If i get it i will surely make it. lastly what do you manufacture in CF?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks