Team-BHP - Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/79205-triumph-bonneville-my-new-ride-dubai-edit-now-bangalore-india-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britishbangers (Post 3319941)
NO! The "Family" is unaware of the Guzzi, I am attaching a photo of where it is in hiding, you will understand.

It is home with the other 'beauties' hidden from the family.

Very interesting indeed, I have found myself in these situations many a time and am currently in one. Could you please elaborate and share some tips. Thanks!:D

Quote:

NO! The "Family" is unaware of the Guzzi, I am attaching a photo of where it is in hiding, you will understand.

It is home with the other 'beauties' hidden from the family.

JK

So that is where it is. At least it has lots of classy company and a safe place.

My Ride in Bangalore:

Short one - 57 KMS each way - along the Hyderabad Highway (Bellary Road) and off to Nandi Hills. Started from near Hebbal FlyOver at about 6.30 am and was at Nandi Hills by about 7.30 am (may be slightly earliers).

The road by Bangalore standards were like manna from heaven - the stretch from Devanahally to NH Top was a real surprise (for me atleast) as they were really nicely maintained.

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01910-.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01911-.jpg

At the Hilltop it was really misty and and great weather. The weather untill about last 2 Kms up was really sunny and the mist happened only at the last 2 kms.

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01897-.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01898-.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01900-.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01901-.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01903-.jpg

Sat there in the mist clicking few pictures and generally doing the bike talk and comparing experiences

Then felt the need for some sunshine to get some better pics of the bikes, hence moved down to about 4 km point (guys familiar with road will know what I am talking about

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01904-.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01905-.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01907-.jpg

After that - Breakfast Point - Joji no Egg Paratha Rolls :( but had lovely Bread Omlets :)

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01909-.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01912-.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01913-.jpg

We spend about 2 hours on saddle - both ways combined (as the ride back was relatively slower due to heavier traffic enroute).

Good Ride - there was no noticable difference on the bike's performance with the first real fill of the Indian Fuel - filled from Indian Oil depot near Manyata Tech Park). Was pulling easily up to triple digits - wanted to check out the bike after the 6 months lay-off hence the sprints (before the roads ran out) and on the look out for the speed guns until the Airport turn-off.

Great company with all really sensible riders and all with required safety gears.

Shubz was really getting in to his elements with his brand new ride - the noise of 883 was a real surprise to me as they didn't sound like the ones we ar used to in Dubai - they definitely has done something with the pipes of the Indian 2014 883.

Look forward to many more rides - God Willing !!!

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Mr Ram & Folks,

Good ride report.

The photos are nice, could feel the cold and the mist here.

Felt like college days and biking in Lonavala/ Khandala.

Must stop dreaming.

Take care and stay well.

Reg,

BB

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3320155)
the noise of 883 was a real surprise to me as they didn't sound like the ones we ar used to in Dubai - they definitely has done something with the pipes of the Indian 2014 883.

Just stumbled upon this thread. Congrats and great ride Ram. Your Bonny sure looks understatedly elegant in that beautiful silver shade.

Shubz needs to upgrade his stock exhausts to something like the Screaming Eagles or to the costlier Vance & Hines to get the 'real' Harley thump. Though I am quite satisfied with the stock exhausts on my 2013 883 but my HOG mates are after me to get them upgraded to sound more like 'them'. 2014 models seems to have been made even more 'leaner' to confirm with the new pollution and noise regulations in the US. Their weight also seems to have been marginally reduced as per the feedback I have received.

Quote:

I am attaching a photo of where it is in hiding, you will understand.

That is very nice of Vijay...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 3320764)
That is very nice of Vijay...

Santhosh,

So long as Vijay is there we can get away with these kind of things and he is very accommodative to take in "temporary orphans" like the Guzzi

Best Regards & Drive/Ride safe

Ram

Hello Mr Santosh & Mr Ram,

And other orphans in the past such as Triumph Thruxton, Yamaha SR250, Honda CB 750, Kawasaki ZXR 400, VFR 1000 & a CBX 750.

All lovingly passed on after a brief fling!

Take care and stay well.

reg,

BB

Quote:

Originally Posted by airfoil (Post 3320098)
Very interesting indeed, I have found myself in these situations many a time and am currently in one. Could you please elaborate and share some tips. Thanks!:D

airfoil,

There are no tips to share, excepting that BB and our riding group in Dubai are lucky to have a hardcore Petrolhead in our group, who has a passion for anything that moves on wheels (and also runs one of the best managed auto repair facility in Dubai). With him on our side we do have ample space to hide our newer purchases (which are often impulsive) and break it to the family in installments.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Great pictures Ram and Congratulations in getting your Bonny back in shipshape and also enjoying its first ride in India :thumbs up

Can you let me know the dimensions of the bonny vis-a-viz the Iron or Classic 500?

I mean from the pictures iam unable to make out its dimension and wanted to know if its bigger or smaller in terms of overall size and dimension from the aforementioned bikes

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3322763)
Great pictures Ram and Congratulations in getting your Bonny back in shipshape and also enjoying its first ride in India :thumbs up

Can you let me know the dimensions of the bonny vis-a-viz the Iron or Classic 500?

I mean from the pictures iam unable to make out its dimension and wanted to know if its bigger or smaller in terms of overall size and dimension from the aforementioned bikes

If this helps! :)

Length
Iron 883 - 2245mm
Bonneville - 2115mm

Wheelbase
Iron 883 - 1510mm
Bonneville - 1490mm

Rake/Trail
Iron 883 - 30.5/117mm
Bonneville - 27/106mm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3322763)

I would say Bonnie is more compact overall. I am giving below a kind of comparison (Info on Iron is from HD UK website).

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-bonnie-iron-comp.jpg

This should give you an idea.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Ps. Shub, I posted the above without realising you had responded already (your post must have come in whilst I was working on my post - Thanks any way)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3322779)
Length
Iron 883 - 2245mm
Bonneville - 2115mm

Wheelbase
Iron 883 - 1510mm
Bonneville - 1490mm

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3322819)
I would say Bonnie is more compact overall. I am giving below a kind of comparison (Info on Iron is from HD UK website).

Guys, plenty of difference from both posts. Shubz post says there is lot of difference in length and wheelbase but, Ram's post slightly contradicts it and says difference is not that much

Which is true?:)

P.S: Also, i just realized there is a huge HP difference between both bikes ( Power to weight ratio will differ a lot here) and not much in terms of torque.

P.S1 : Isnt Bonny 67 BHP?

I stand corrected on the length of 883 - it is 2255mm (as mentioned by Ram sir)

However the specs listed on http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bi...014/bonneville says

Wheelbase is 1490 and weight of the bike 225 kilos. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3322865)
However the specs listed on http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bi...014/bonneville says

Wheelbase is 1490 and weight of the bike 225 kilos.

And, most importantly Bonny website also says its 68PS @7500rpm clap:....Considering the much lower weight than the Iron, it should be a rocket !!!

It would be great if you and Ram do a dragrace ( in a closed and secure environment ofcourse) and let us know the results :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3322874)
And, most importantly Bonny website also says its 68PS @7500rpm clap:....Considering the much lower weight than the Iron, it should be a rocket !!!

It would be great if you and Ram do a dragrace ( in a closed and secure environment ofcourse) and let us know the results :D

"closed and secure environment" - - This is something I don't know where to find! :)