Team-BHP - Suzuki launches the Bandit 1250 and GSX-R1000
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Suzuki launches the Bandit 1250 and GSX-R1000 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/83461-suzuki-launches-bandit-1250-gsx-r1000.html)

Suzuki Motorcycles India has launched the Bandit 1250S and the GSX1000R at 8.5 lacs and 12.75 lacs ex-showroom Delhi.

Suzuki Bandit 1250S
Suzuki Motorcycles Review - GSX1300R-Hayabusa Motorcycles

Suzuki GSX1000R

There are more details here

Suzuki launches Gixxer 1000 & Bandit1250S

Just checked out the Suzuki site. I was surprised to see that GSX 1000 (12.75 lakh) is more expenive than Busa (12.50 lakh). Why is it so???

Bandit 1250S. What a mile-cruncher that is going to be. It is pure VFM for 8.5L. I wish I had that kind spare change lying around!

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 1933634)
There are more details here

Suzuki launches Gixxer 1000 & Bandit1250S

Excellent launches by Suzuki, the "super bike" segment is getting hotter.

Please BSM, please, correct this error ASAP. This is hilarious!
Quote:

"The GSF1250S has a fuel injected double overhead camshaft (DOHC) power-plant with 1255cc of torque at your service. Delivering a wide spread of power, starting low down in the rev range, the six gear ratios takes full advantage of this torque resulting in extra smooth acceleration and inspiring power delivery, perfect for long distance rides."

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 1932604)
Suzuki Motorcycles India has launched the Bandit 1250S and the GSX1000R at 8.5 lacs and 12.75 lacs ex-showroom Delhi.

Suzuki Bandit 1250S

What is the target audience suzuki wants to attract with Bandit? Is it the lifestyle product or a touring bike option??

I feel there is more market in india which wants a lifestyle product than a touring bike (I am talking about 10 lakhs spending capacity people!!). B-king would have been awesome!!

Suzuki B-king:
Suzuki launches the Bandit 1250 and GSX-R1000-bking2_1000.jpg

source: Suzuki B-King | Suzuki B-King - Yeah1.com Forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhashnm (Post 1935001)
Bandit 1250S. What a mile-cruncher that is going to be. It is pure VFM for 8.5L. I wish I had that kind spare change lying around!

Were you being sarcastic? In my opinion, when you pay 115% tax on any bike the VFM factor is thrown out the door. But, opinions such as yours should really encourage Japs to build a 600cc performance street bike in India (in Rs2L - 3L range).

Quote:

Originally Posted by prasadee (Post 1936465)
Were you being sarcastic? In my opinion, when you pay 115% tax on any bike the VFM factor is thrown out the door. But, opinions such as yours should really encourage Japs to build a 600cc performance street bike in India (in Rs2L - 3L range).

I think he meant compared to other CBUs being sold in India it is a 1250 Engine for 8.5L.

I doubt that 600s will come in a range between 2-3Lacs. Even if manufactured in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prasadee (Post 1936465)
Were you being sarcastic?

Not at all. I was only looking at what we get for the money. Talking about Sport-Touring, the only other bike I can see selling in India is Karizma. Which other bike will let you ride for hours at a stretch at 90-100kmph speeds without siezing up and without causing severe body pain? By the design of it, this bike will be such an awesome touring machine.

On the sidelines, (not to compare the specs of the bikes, for that will be like comparing apples to oranges) if a 250cc Ninja can be sold at 3L, Bandit 1250S at 8.5L doesn't look that bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 1936602)
I doubt that 600s will come in a range between 2-3Lacs.

I wouldn't think so either. The manufacturers would (unnecessarily) want to differentiate the classes of bikes, and will price these types of Sport Tourers much above the others. Look at Bajaj KTM (though not really sport touring and more of adventure touring): they take pride in the fact that KTM machines will be priced much higher than comparable Bajaj bikes. Duh. You take pride on the product, not on the price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 1936602)
I doubt that 600s will come in a range between 2-3Lacs. Even if manufactured in India.

If you look at the prices of the Kawasaki Versys (touring 650cc) bike in Los Angeles, its $5400. I had been to Bert's last month. WELCOME TO BERT'S! The Ultimate Family Toy Store - Motorcycles, ATV, PWC, Personal Watercraft, Sport Boats, Outdoor Recreation Apparel, Helmets, Boots, Gloves
This is after the bike being built in Asia, then shipped to US. Still priced under 3L. I do not think anyone is making a big loss with this pricing.

If Bajaj can pull off a sourcing deal (of 650cc technology), then they can make a Pulsar street bike, and a touring bike for 3L. We have built a 600cc 4 wheeler for 1L, why not a 2 wheeler for 2 to 3 times that price?

Anyone actually booking the Bandit? It IS real VFM compared to the other bikes available, and sounds amazing with a Leo Vince slip on. (Of course there is the Harley 883 in this price range, if that's your thing!).
I wonder why none of the manufacturers have launched a dual purpose bike yet? Like the Kawasaki KLR650. They would do well on our roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prasadee (Post 1938407)
If you look at the prices of the Kawasaki Versys (touring 650cc) bike in Los Angeles, its $5400. I had been to Bert's last month. WELCOME TO BERT'S! The Ultimate Family Toy Store - Motorcycles, ATV, PWC, Personal Watercraft, Sport Boats, Outdoor Recreation Apparel, Helmets, Boots, Gloves
This is after the bike being built in Asia, then shipped to US. Still priced under 3L. I do not think anyone is making a big loss with this pricing.

If Bajaj can pull off a sourcing deal (of 650cc technology), then they can make a Pulsar street bike, and a touring bike for 3L. We have built a 600cc 4 wheeler for 1L, why not a 2 wheeler for 2 to 3 times that price?

I would not want to buy a bajaj 600cc machine.
Yes the bert site shows very attractive prices but I think putting up a superbike plant must be real big investment as the precision levels and the labour skill levels must be considerably higher.
Though have to agree there is a realistic possibility of a basic 600CC bike for 3L +.

Please dont compare the Nano, It is bare minimum and I am sure you dont want to be sitting on a bare minimum design with a 600cc engine on two wheels. :Shockked:

Both the bikes will do well. They are priced well compared to the others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 1938832)
I would not want to buy a bajaj 600cc machine.
Yes the bert site shows very attractive prices but I think putting up a superbike plant must be real big investment as the precision levels and the labour skill levels must be considerably higher.

I am certainly not from the auto industry, I can only guess that it would be a large investment. I would disagree on the labor skill levels. A modern auto plant has more robotics than labor. A fuel injected superbike is much less complicated than ones with carburetor, and needs less tuning/human factors. There is nothing inherently wrong with Bajaj, or the programs that run their robots (I am in the know of ABB robotics) The auto majors are overly concerned about the volumes they can generate after the initial investment. As it is there is over capacity - auto cos are making more bikes and cars than they can sell. That adds to the reverse pressure of not wanting to setup another plant in India.

Hello,

I have not found an ownership thread for the Suzuki Bandit 1250 on t-bhp.

If anyone has first hand experience with this bike, I'd be obliged if you could put finger to keyboard and let me know how it went.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift