Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 18:23   #1
BHPian

My Somewhat New Harley Davidson Nightster

Here are some pics of my 09 XL1200N Nightster that i bought in March 2010. The 1st one is from the 1st day and the second one is after the exhaust and seat install. Unfortunately I dont live in India. Im in the states. The exhaust is Vance and Hines Shortshots in black. I will be adding more as I am too busy riding than taking pics. I have about 1800 miles on it and this os my 1st 2 wheeler. I will post pics from my camera next time because these are from my Iphone and they are not that great. I have installed drag bars and nostalgic grips now.
Attached Thumbnails
My Somewhat New Harley Davidson Nightster-nightster1a.jpg  

My Somewhat New Harley Davidson Nightster-nightster2a.jpg  

nitinsharma1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2010, 20:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow Nitin, it looks awesome. How about a brief review for us?
OT Is that an Altima in the background?
Old 8th July 2010, 21:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow mate! the aftermarket pipes look better than the stock. Beautifoool!!

Enjoy munching the miles and yes please some high quality pics to do justice to this beaut!!
Old 8th July 2010, 23:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

That's a beautiful motorcycle & if I'm not wrong, its a staggered black exhaust right? Also consider fitting in a mini or regular sissy bar with rest for pillion. Enjoy your ride & hope I can expect a long term ownership review on your HD Nightster 1200.
Old 8th July 2010, 23:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Lovely bike dude! Please add the words 'Harley Davidson' to the thread title for everyone's convenience.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 9th July 2010 at 00:03.
Old 9th July 2010, 09:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
That's a beautiful motorcycle & if I'm not wrong, its a staggered black exhaust right? Also consider fitting in a mini or regular sissy bar with rest for pillion. Enjoy your ride & hope I can expect a long term ownership review on your HD Nightster 1200.
Yeah its from Vance and Hines. The black is actually a ceramic coating on the heat shield. The actual pipes are chrome. The heatshields look like they cover the pipes all the way but they are open at the back (between the bike and the pipes). As far as ownership is concerned I dont have much to compare it to as this is my first bike. I took my rider course on an Eliminator in 2005. As for the Nightster expect vibration. Specially at low revs. It would be nice to have a sixth gear but Baker can fix that for some money. The suspension is stiff and I cant imagine living with it in India. I have hit some kinda big bumps going about 60mph and they hurt if you dont lift your butt of the seat.

Handling is great for a Harley thanks to lighter weight and midset foot controls. I dont like forward control cuz im only 5'6".
Old 9th July 2010, 09:25   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Lovely bike dude! Please add the words 'Harley Davidson' to the thread title for everyone's convenience.
Thanks. Im kinda 'new' to this how do i edit my posting?
Old 9th July 2010, 09:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Wow Nitin, it looks awesome. How about a brief review for us?
OT Is that an Altima in the background?
Thanks. Yes thats an 08 Altima. This is our leased beater. Cant wait for the lease to be over because its going to be replaced with a new Infiniti G37 convertible in 2011. But its a nice car though even in 2.5. I am not a big fan of the CVT tranny tho.
Old 9th July 2010, 09:58   #9
BHPian

09 Harley Davidson XL1200N Nightster

Heres new pictures of the Nightster with the drag bars that I took today. And I am posting a Youtube video too. Thanks for the support.

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="
Attached Thumbnails
My Somewhat New Harley Davidson Nightster-dsc00072small.jpg  

My Somewhat New Harley Davidson Nightster-dsc00073small.jpg  

My Somewhat New Harley Davidson Nightster-dsc00074small.jpg  

My Somewhat New Harley Davidson Nightster-dsc00075small.jpg  

My Somewhat New Harley Davidson Nightster-dsc00076small.jpg  

Old 15th July 2010, 02:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Having fitted in the drag bar, you should also consider fitting in the forward foot controls to give you more comfortable riding position. I just noticed, where's your registration plate? IIRC, it should appear on the left side near the rear wheels for Nightster right? Isn't it missing?
Old 15th July 2010, 13:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just noticed, where's your registration plate? IIRC, it should appear on the left side near the rear wheels for Nightster right? Isn't it missing?
Its visible in DSC00074 on the left side near the rear wheel. I am guessing its a foldable type since its not evident in the other pics.
Old 16th July 2010, 10:51   #12
BANNED

Sweet bike you got there. love the matte black exhaust. Wish you a lot of fun miles!
Old 16th July 2010, 18:27   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Having fitted in the drag bar, you should also consider fitting in the forward foot controls to give you more comfortable riding position. I just noticed, where's your registration plate? IIRC, it should appear on the left side near the rear wheels for Nightster right? Isn't it missing?
Like I said Iam not a big fan of forward controls. The handling is better with the rear sets and Iam kinda short (5'6"). I have tried forwards on other bikes and I didnt care for them too much. Only drawback is the occasional cramping but thats what the gym is for. The little plate on the rear axle is the state inspection plate and its fixed and only visible from the side. The license plate folds either forward or backwards on US models as standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Its visible in DSC00074 on the left side near the rear wheel. I am guessing its a foldable type since its not evident in the other pics.
You are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
Sweet bike you got there. love the matte black exhaust. Wish you a lot of fun miles!
Thanks. I love it too and it sounds great. Not a good idea to start it in the garage if the parents are sleeping. Specially considering all houses are made of wood in the states.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:59   #14
BHPian

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks