Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 22:21   #16
BANNED

Wow, an average of 77kmph for a 22 hr ride is mighty impressive. Can you share your ride map/route? Congrats, certainly an iron butt ride.
Old 19th October 2010, 07:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Wow, amazing stuff, tigerranch ! Congrats on this truly laudable achievement !!!
@Blue Thunder, thank you
Old 19th October 2010, 08:39   #18
BHPian

Now that is some inspirational ride man. That really showed some perseverance on your part.

Man and Machine survival test: A success. Please do share the route map
Old 19th October 2010, 09:23   #19
BHPian

Well done Congratulations, it is not a easy thing what u have done.Along with the physical toughness ,for this kind of a feat mental toughness is paramount.I also love riding but have noticed that the back starts giving problems on long route. 1630 Km by jove u must have really prepared for this.Would love to see the pics of your other exploits too
Old 19th October 2010, 11:40   #20
BHPian

Friends Thanx a ton, will update by the day end

Cheers
Old 19th October 2010, 11:59   #21
BHPian

Amazing!!! was this your first attemp?

Sir i have scheduled myself for this on 27th Nov 2010. I am too preparing for the run. Have some questions and will PM you for that.
Old 19th October 2010, 12:06   #22
BHPian

Great effort. Really amazing. Hope you get the certificate soon...
Old 19th October 2010, 13:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Amazing kishore! Esp coming from a fellow punekar! Congratulations. Did you have to work on your endurance?? Gymming? Its far easier to prepare the bike and just as hard to prepare oneself.
Did the pune-bangalore-pune circuit?
Old 19th October 2010, 19:18   #24
BHPian

hats off to you sir. that is an amazing feet. all the very best for certification
Old 20th October 2010, 16:42   #25
BHPian

Dear friends

Thanx again, I see a lot of you have similar questions.

So this is how it goes

I started planning for the IBA about 5 months back, I was heavy and fat 105 kilos and not in shape, I first met a dietitian, lost 17 kilos in 4 months, I was also swimming and walking for about 2 hours every day, no cheating. and after losing 17kgs I joined a gym to get in to shape.

Then was the machine though I had a RETB, but I did a lot of research and then through a friend got a new fazer 600 imported in 2009, which is customs paid and DRI cleared. The papers are now with the Pune RTO for verification and an NOC from DRI and lastly the license plate. This should take about 2 weeks but the RTO has given me a temp no to ride the bike.

This friend of mine is a Suzuki and alpine star dealer in Pune selling the Suzuki brand bikes in India namely the bandit Hayabusa and the intruder. He didn’t suggest me to buy the bandit and was clear that I should upgrade slowly, so he sold this Fazer to me instead of the bandit.
He was right as the fazer itself is so powerful, 95 BHP and a top speed of 240kms per hour. I was looking at a sports tourer with the perfect saddle height which would give me an upright posture so less fatigue.

I WAS GLAD TO HAVE THIS MACHINE…

I tamed her so well in the first ride to Karjat before riding for the saddle soar, that she behaved as I wanted it to and she didn’t throw me of even once.

Now the Saddle Soar

I decided to ride on Saturday 16th October to Bangalore and back, my daughter Neha and my driver came as a backup in the accord v6, 3 liter again a power packed machine. Two egg sandwiches, 3 cans of Red bull, my camel bag with chilled water and a bar of chocolate.

We refueled at Ambika petrol pump Pune station and 3.45 and hit the road at 4am, and wow the Fazer just shot ahead and Neha could not catch up with me, 6.15 I was in Kolhapur at McDonalds, a cup of coffee took a receipt, (McDonalds’ was not open yet but the manager was very co-operative when I told him about my trip).

I had to wait for about 20 minutes for Neha to catch up, she is an awesome driver but the Fazer was faster and no Tolls to stop. A refuel at Kolhapur and we were off again we decided that I would move on and not stop for them at the next refuel at Hubli. In 3 hours I was at Hubli the roads after Kolhapur are better and less traffic. Tank up a smoke a can of Red bull and as I was about to go and Neha catches up this time quicker.. a few Pics and I am off to Bangalore refueling again at Tumkur, 1 noon and I was in Bangalore, 9 hours and 840 kms, I was doing an average of 100 km per hour, so going back to Pune I was sure I would do it in the same time, total of 18 hours.

I changed my mind I decided to do the burn burner instead of the saddle sore, I could easily do it, and I had to ride back to Pune, relax for 6 hours and ride back to Bangalore the next day.

Neha suggested to go ahead to Chennai and ride back to Pune, I had to do 2400 kms in 36 hours, we started immediately towards Chennai, but some goof up with the GPS, it took us to Bangalore ring road to go towards Chennai, but the roads were blocked and severe traffic jam, it was in the peek afternoon and with all the gear on and sweating we decided to go back, then while riding back the GPS started behaving friendly and took us to another exit to Chennai from Hosur, we started riding on but again there was severe traffic here but I saw a sign saying Ooty 250 kms, I thought for a moment to go that way and in a few minutes we was going ahead towards Ooty, in my mind I was calculating every minute about the 2400 kms.

I had lost about 3 hours in this confusion but I knew I would catch up, but here again I was stuck towards Ooty, being a Saturday the whole of Bangalore was going to Ooty. I reach Mysore stop at McDonalds again for a coffee, collect the receipt tank up, it is 7pm and done only 200 kms in 6 hours.

It was time to go back and do the saddle sore, the roads were jammed but I started riding back to Pune I had done 1050 kms and had to do another 550 to 600 to do the saddle sore, in Tumkur my calculations and destination was to do Kolhapur and end the ride.
Old 20th October 2010, 17:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Amazing feat. Proves that if there is a will, there is a way. You worked hard to get this and you have got it. Congratulations. I did not know anything about IBA. But now I have a fairly good idea about them. Hope to meet you sometime in one of our meets.

-Biju
Old 20th October 2010, 17:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Amazing feat. Proves that if there is a will, there is a way. You worked hard to get this and you have got it. Congratulations. I did not know anything about IBA. But now I have a fairly good idea about them. Hope to meet you sometime in one of our meets.

-Biju
Dear Biju

let me know about the next meet will come over

Cheers
Old 21st October 2010, 16:27   #28

Dear Tigerranc, congratulations on a successful ride!!! Indeed your determination is commendable. On the machine, what factors ruled out RETB? Regards cjrao.
Old 21st October 2010, 21:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrao View Post
Dear Tigerranc, congratulations on a successful ride!!! Indeed your determination is commendable. On the machine, what factors ruled out RETB? Regards cjrao.

Dear Cjrao

Thanx mate

First i wanted a faster and powerful bike, second if i have a flat in the RE i loose a few hours if the puncture repair guy is not close by, as in the Fazer the tire being tubeless i can fix the puncture whiten 10 to 15 min maximum
though my RE never gave me any problems while doing Ladakh but the Japanese bikes are very reliable, and lastly there was no fatigue on the Fazer even after doing 1600 kms as at 140 to 180 i was cruising and no vibrations and the bike was totally under control as for the RE at 80 you can cruise but anything above 100 it starts vibrating.

But i love the RE no droughts

tigerranch.co.in

Cheers
Old 22nd October 2010, 17:54   #30
BHPian

Congrats sir! One more Fazer set to join the IBA club! Hope both Daddy(600cc Fazer) and the Kid (my 150cc babe) gets listed soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks