Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2011, 02:24   #1
BHPian

ECU Remapping for HayaBusa

Fellow speedsters,

I'm calling out for help today, to know if there's someone I can reach out to for re-mapping the ECU on a Hayabusa?
Basically, I installed a Yoshimura 4-1 can on it, and now the throttle jams and I'm assuming that's because of the throwback of the new (rich) mixture now..
Does anyone know a decent mech / workshop near West Delhi which can help with the ECU Remapping.. but without leaving the bike or wasting too much of time & cash??

Any help appreciated.. Thanks
Old 26th March 2011, 11:58   #2
BHPian

Re: ECU Remapping for HayaBusa

I guess you will have to fit a Power Commander or Bazzaz unit to be able to re-map as piggy back and use the after market exhaust. I would not let anyone re-map the OE ECU unit.
Old 28th March 2011, 21:52   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the reply i-chief, but I guess that's a known option.. Everyone recommends Power Commander for sure. The reason I'm inquiring to re-map the OE one is because it's a one time adjustment and reading from quite a few places I found that the 32-bit versions on the 2006 models and further can be tuned.
Anyways, any help on what best place would it be to buy a PC within Delhi?
Old 28th March 2011, 22:12   #4
BHPian

Try KRP Kaulson Racing ...... GO !!!!!!!!!!!! For KRP in Naraina.
Old 29th March 2011, 07:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Chief View Post
I guess you will have to fit a Power Commander or Bazzaz unit to be able to re-map as piggy back and use the after market exhaust. I would not let anyone re-map the OE ECU unit.
Would second that. Is best to use a Power Commander rather than have someone tinker with the OE ECU itself. While i don't have one installed myself, I believe the other advantage you will have is to be able to configure multiple maps over time on the PC. I am however unsure whether that expertise is available in India - perhaps more unaware than unsure.

Good luck.
Ravi
Old 1st April 2011, 00:03   #6
Team-BHP Support

Couple of questions for you:
What year is the Hayabusa in question?
Is the Yoshi a half system, or a full front to back?
Can you explain the jamming on the throttle, sure it isn't something as basic as a bad cable?

I know of atleast two outfits in UK who could programme your ECU, but that would cost you lot more than buying a Power Commander unit here.
Unless you're very focussed on the drag racing or taking your bike to the track, just get yourself a Power Commander unit and play around with some zillion maps available on various forums. If anything, the Hayabusa has the strongest aftermarket support when it comes to tinkering with the ECU.

manson.
Old 3rd April 2011, 16:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Couple of questions for you:
What year is the Hayabusa in question?
Is the Yoshi a half system, or a full front to back?
Can you explain the jamming on the throttle, sure it isn't something as basic as a bad cable?

I know of atleast two outfits in UK who could programme your ECU, but that would cost you lot more than buying a Power Commander unit here.
Unless you're very focussed on the drag racing or taking your bike to the track, just get yourself a Power Commander unit and play around with some zillion maps available on various forums. If anything, the Hayabusa has the strongest aftermarket support when it comes to tinkering with the ECU.

manson.
Thanks all for your replies..
@Manson.
What year is the Hayabusa in question? >> 2007
Is the Yoshi a half system, or a full front to back? >> FULL SYSTEM
Can you explain the jamming on the throttle, sure it isn't something as basic as a bad cable? >> The problem was like this - When I open the throttle, it doesn't spring back automatically for atleast 2-3 seconds.. I had to manually twist it back.
But it did turn out to be mostly due to the non-usage of the bike for a while, I cleaned and oiled the throttle body and it seemed to improve drastically.
HOWEVER, I'm still not a 100% satisfied after a couple of days, since it seems the problem's coming back. So I definitely need a PC I guess.

Thanks again,
J
Old 3rd April 2011, 22:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

That is a mechanical Problem and not a software or a mapping issue.Seems like your throttle cable is the cause.The software and the powercommander will only lead to different amounts of fuel being let in through the Injector.

It won't control the throttle body.The throttle body is a mechanical device using spring loaded action to return back.And if your throttle cable is old and sticking it will not go back.

This has nothing to do with the full system.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks