View Poll Results: yamaha R1/ Ducati 999
Yamaha R1 27 84.38%
Ducati 999 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2006, 09:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Japanese samurai or European Knight?

I have always wanted to drive a R1 on the track but not that I wouldnt want the 999 in the same place. One is a Japanese masterpiece and other a European masterpiece.

I sat on both the bikes at the Toronto motorcycle show and found Ducati fit and finish worth to pay double the price of the R1 they charge but would I really pay the amount of money that can buy me a 350Z coupe intead?

what are your excerpts on this?
Old 19th January 2006, 09:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

Put it this way. Would a 350Z provide you with the same performance as a 999? You can't compare cars to bikes.
Old 19th January 2006, 10:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Exactly. Cars are nowhere as fast in a straight line, but much faster through corners, and are safer, but even the fastest car in the world can only just about match the thrills provided by a big bike.
Old 19th January 2006, 15:13   #4
BHPian

Have ridden neither, leave alone push them to their limits to realise even 1% of each one's potential. In short, no comments.
Old 19th January 2006, 18:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

The R1 for me. I am a Yam guy through and through.
Old 19th January 2006, 19:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

I want an R1... ummmm ducati also would do... ok now i need to wake up to reality....
Old 19th January 2006, 21:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ducati for me. Though both the bikes are great, the ducati has that something extra in it which is only evident when you sit on both of them. The Yamaha feels like any production bike but sit on the Ducati and you know it's special. I don't know how the Italians manage to build in passion into everything they make but hell they do a fantastic job at it.

Is the Ducati really double the price of the R1?
Old 19th January 2006, 21:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Duke of biking world, Ducati for me...Yams and Suzuki's have become boringly common!
Old 19th January 2006, 21:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

YAMAHA R1! Its styling is just so sharp and looks killer. No way ever i'll even think abt a Ducati. They are way overpriced, and i just don't understand why.

Last edited by karthik247 : 19th January 2006 at 21:53.
Old 20th January 2006, 01:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

European Knights plundered and pillaged other lands, often showing bloodthirsty savagery, laying lands barren and carrying away women. They often grew fat and lazy and lived off what they had plundered for the rest of their lives.

Japanese Samurais fought for honor - whether their own or of their masters, were bound by a code of honor, were disciplined, efficient (even as killing machines) and served loyally till their death.
Old 20th January 2006, 03:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the Chinese are going to agree with you. Right now they are raising a hue and cry about Japanese savagery during WW2.
Old 20th January 2006, 06:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

European Knights plundered and pillaged other lands, often showing bloodthirsty savagery, laying lands barren and carrying away women. They often grew fat and lazy and lived off what they had plundered for the rest of their lives.

Japanese Samurais fought for honor - whether their own or of their masters, were bound by a code of honor, were disciplined, efficient (even as killing machines) and served loyally till their death.
Different people look at different things with a different perspective. British ruled us but that doesnt change the fact that Triumph is an excellent piece of engineering. I thought that Indians knew the art of forgiving. atleast I do.....everytime. hence I love the European bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Ducati for me. Though both the bikes are great, the ducati has that something extra in it which is only evident when you sit on both of them. The Yamaha feels like any production bike but sit on the Ducati and you know it's special. I don't know how the Italians manage to build in passion into everything they make but hell they do a fantastic job at it.

Is the Ducati really double the price of the R1?

NOt really, there are different editions of the bikes with the top of the line model edging at above 40K$

Last edited by devarshi84 : 20th January 2006 at 07:04.
Old 20th January 2006, 07:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I dont think the Chinese are going to agree with you. Right now they are raising a hue and cry about Japanese savagery during WW2.
That was the imperial army - Hitler's forces were no european knights either.

Jokes apart, the world is not a big enough place for the 'developed world' (which is European) and the rapidly developing economies of China and India. We are already being seen as a threat to their energy and other requirements....it wont be long before we see the vicious side of the caucasian race.
Old 20th January 2006, 07:21   #14
BHPian

the frugality of picking up superbikes is a graphical explanation similar to

fighting war with F 16 Falcon and B 2 Bomber...u know the result much before the

confrontation as to who wud make mre damage...whilst DUCATI 999 resembles class and

elegance R1 is a sure shot killer...theres smethin with japanese art which makes

you weak from knees...Samurai for me man!
Old 20th January 2006, 07:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
No man. Right now the Chinese are up trying to prove that they discovered America with some forged 16th century map. Google for more information.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th February 2006 at 10:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks