Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2006, 13:46   #1
BHPian

Tavera or Scorpio

Hi,

I plan to go in for a car that can seat 7 or so. I dont need too much power or style and my budget is 8 lac max. I need reasonable FE.
Innova looks way too expensive so I think it is down to the Tavera or scorp. Please advice.

Rayden
Old 28th March 2006, 15:41   #2
BHPian

Both the tavera and scorpio cannot seat 7 in comfort.
If FE is a top priority take the tavera.
I think you will be able to get g1 version of Innova within your budget. It is surely worth the premium
Old 28th March 2006, 16:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

If you dont need too much of power or style and would like good FE, the Tavera is a good choice. Like rao says neither of them can seat 7 in comfort, though the Tavera does a better job of it. The Tavera also doubles up very well as a load carrier because the seats go down to floor level to give you a flat loading area. FE is also very good, and with the right accessories it can look pretty smart too.

However, test drive the NEW Scorpio before you decide - that engine is to so smooth its unbelievable.
Old 28th March 2006, 16:13   #4
BANNED

Either the G1 Innova or if you can put in another 10K the ED would fit right in.
Having driven the Scorpio and the Tavera extensively, I would choose the scorpio anyday for the sole and simple reason that the seats a a million times better in the scorpio than the Tavera, but then again thats just me
Old 28th March 2006, 16:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

Are you looking at these two vehicles primarily as city cars? If so then Scorpio can be a real fundoo car to own with a good peppy engine and also has tremendous appeal that comes with its butch looks.

However for a highway run Scorpio is not so good. Tavera may prove better here. Also, Tavera will have a better FE.
Old 28th March 2006, 16:29   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Having driven the Scorpio and the Tavera extensively, I would choose the scorpio anyday for the sole and simple reason that the seats a a million times better in the scorpio than the Tavera, but then again thats just me
i agree with you. however, i donno whether its million times comfortable, because i have just sat once during a test drive in tavera , but i also felt seats are better in scorpio. especially the last row..
Old 28th March 2006, 17:42   #7
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks all !!!

The choice seems unanimous -- The new Scorpio

I may have to stretch my budget a bit for the DX version i guess.
It is about 8.5 Lacs on road correct me if I am wrong.

As a matter of fact, I booked a Scorpio CRDE 3 months ago but cancelled it because I felt that the suspension was really bad. They might have got that fixed in the new version though. Otherwise it felt brilliant --> power, size and all.

Rayden
Old 29th March 2006, 00:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Are you looking at these two vehicles primarily as city cars? If so then Scorpio can be a real fundoo car to own with a good peppy engine and also has tremendous appeal that comes with its butch looks.

However for a highway run Scorpio is not so good. Tavera may prove better here. Also, Tavera will have a better FE.
Spot On, can't agree more !!
Old 29th March 2006, 08:27   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden
Thanks all !!!

The choice seems unanimous -- The new Scorpio

I may have to stretch my budget a bit for the DX version i guess.
It is about 8.5 Lacs on road correct me if I am wrong.

As a matter of fact, I booked a Scorpio CRDE 3 months ago but cancelled it because I felt that the suspension was really bad. They might have got that fixed in the new version though. Otherwise it felt brilliant --> power, size and all.

Rayden
Rayden according to a few team bhp memebers who have test driven the new scorpio say that there have been no great changes from the old scorpio.
Do take a test drive before you decide!!
Old 29th March 2006, 10:37   #10
BHPian

FE is only one side of the coin,maintanence cost of Scorpio vs Tavera is where the former will win Hands down i suppose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks