Team-BHP - Opinion wanted - Dicor VX 4X4 vs Endeavour XLT 4X4...updated Now Booked Dicor VX 4X
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Opinion wanted - Dicor VX 4X4 vs Endeavour XLT 4X4...updated Now Booked Dicor VX 4X (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/16669-opinion-wanted-dicor-vx-4x4-vs-endeavour-xlt-4x4-updated-now-booked-dicor-vx-4x.html)

Guys, the countdown has begun as I intend to sell my Ikon & pick up an SUV in the next couple of months, probably around Diwali. With my daily commute of 110 kms odd, & our occasional trip to the mountains, a SUV is the answer in today's world of rising oil prices. My Fiesta will then do duty for my wife & the kids.

Keeping requirements in mind, I've shortlisted the vehicles listed in the thread subject and I would like to have your valuable suggestions on which one you think I should finally go for. Please give THREE reasons why you are recommending what you are out of the above options (or why you are NOT recommending the other one) - it will help me when I go in for the final decision.

I haven't yet been able to make up my mind comprehensively.....and yes, I know the rumour about the Endeavour TDCI & the Tata 2.2 liter mill, that's why I'm waiting till end October. If either arrives, it may effectively seal the decision in favour of that one but what I need from you guys is the PROs (or CONs) of the two options in their PRESENT AVATAR.

So, let it roll guys...here are my two cents to start with -

DICOR VX 4X4 - PLUSES - GREAT ride comfort, SUPERB equipment levels, QUICKER of the two behemoths; MINUSES - REALLY NARROW powerband, VAGUE steering, POOR fit & finish levels compared to price

ENDEAVOUR 4X4 XLT - PLUSES - GOOD looks, LOWER NOISE LEVELS inside cabin, BETTER build, fit & finish levels; MINUSES - UNDERPOWERED engine with old technology, POOR equipment levels given the price, LOUSY rear seat comfort.

A point to note here - the difference in ON-ROAD prices here in Gurgaon is also staggering to say the least - 4 lacs!!! I'm sorely tempted to go with the Dicor just for this reason alone - sell it three years down the road and get a better one, by then we'll have the Captiva, the Outlander and the Fortuner....and of course the TDCI Endeavour.

Point 2 to note - I'm not interested in the present Scorpio as it doesn't cater to my basic safety requirements...and yes, I know that another new one is "around the corner" but guess what - the fuel prices are killing me so I need the SUV by Diwali, cannot wait till next year!

Bro,
go for the Safari -
- It's easier for a newbie to drive a safari then an Endeavour thanks to higher up seating position. In all the Endeavours i have sat (please note, not driven) in, i find it very difficult to see and i am 5'11".
- Better technology and more VFM then the Endeavour.
- Has a better ride and space (again thanks to low seating of endeavour) then the endeavour.

The endeavour however is just more reliabvle then the Safari and that is it. Nothing Else. If i had to choose between the two, it would def. be a Safari DICOR in Blue.

I guess you better wait for the upgraded Dicor coming soon with extra power and torque and TDCi Endeavour

You already have 2 ford vehicles with you. if you finds their 3 Ss (read Sales, Service, Spares) effective then stick to them and ask for some extraordinary loyalty bonus, and they will surely oblige!
Endeavour is surely having some serious road presence, but imho, 4x4 wud be an overkill!
i drove it on NH2 (Safari also) and it does picks up good speeds and stays composed over rough pathces, but donot expect it to gather that good speed in short time and more so when there is an imminent need of it!
space is good but nothing in comparison to Safari, the king of spaciousness!
Safari is more economical in fuel consumption and is more fun to drive and to be driven in too! regarding looks, you can spend some money, of those 4lacs u saved, and get it Autopsyche-ised :)

My suggestion wud be to go for Dicor 4x2.

Hi. I've owned a Safari TCIC and now the DICOR. I find the Safari to have the sames "cons" that you had mentioned. Being sure that you know the vagrancies of a Safari, I would reccomend that you go for the DICOR.
However just in case you didn't know, I get 8 Kmpl inside the city and 13 Kmpl on the highway. The difference is massive, isn't it? Would appreciate other DICOR owners take on this.

Suman, you seem to know pros and cons of each car better. if you are doing 110kms a day, seating comfort should be high on your priority.

With the 4 lac difference, with the current diesel prices you should be able to cover your fuel expense for atleast 2.5 years.

i voted for dicor.

Owe two Endeavour current both are 2-2.5 years old,50-60,000 Kms driven. Till date i havent spent a single rupee on the cars besides regular service. Which is remarkable since the cars have been used extensivly on the highways and seen the worest of roads.
The biggest draw back if you ask me is the suspension followed by the turbo-lag. The handling,interior space are good.
The safari is a dated car now, TATA keep adding new enhancements to it to keep it alive. While the Endeavour is fresher and a true rough and tough car which is in a segment above the Dicor.

For endeavor you will pay 4L more. Effectively you get better fit and finish. As far as reliability problems are concerened, the current endeavors are not known to be among the best. If you are willing to spend that much, better go for Tuscon. Otherwise if you want to spend less then Safari is the only option you have.
Get 4 year warranty option and you wont have to worry about cost of repairs. Moreover the spare parts are really cheap.
As for the 2.2L, it will be launched most probably around dec, and there is remote chance of it being launched before that. But with dealers offering discounts upto 70K on the safari, esp in medium towns like Ludhiana etc., they may be clearing the stock to make way for the new one.

Thanks for your feedback to all who have posted so far......and thanks to Sahil, Nitin Bhag & Steer for their inputs on PM & telecons as well!

But guys, 131 views & only 17 votes? And 7 replies? Come on, hit the voting buttons and give me more of your opinions please!

if i had money i would go for endeavor...
but heard the FE is very low on endeavor...
but it has the Killer looks...

I would go with TSK here and recommend the Tucson instead of the Endeavour or Safari. The engine is good, the size is pretty managable for a daily driver & the Hyundai service support is also rather good.

I think given your long daily commute you will enjoy the Tucson more than the Safari/Endeavour since it's much more refined & has a decent power-to-weight ratio to boot.

Ishan, Tanveer, yes the Tucson has a great engine but is not on my list because (no offense to Tucson owners) -Besides the other 75% who will be in the car for 50% of the time have already said "NO" to the Tucson!!

Hmm in that case it will be the DICOR for you. Try and wait if possible. The 2,2L is worth it. As for Endeaver TDCi expect to pay 1L more, and the spares will be even more costlier.
Any idea about wether ford guys are willing to give a 4 year warranty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Hmm in that case it will be the DICOR for you. Try and wait if possible. The 2,2L is worth it. As for Endeaver TDCi expect to pay 1L more, and the spares will be even more costlier.
Any idea about wether ford guys are willing to give a 4 year warranty?

They have an additional two year unlimited mileage one over and above the standard one year unlimited one and it costs 15,555 (almost double of the Dicor additional 18 months one).

Yes, that's the other thing about waiting for the TDCI - it will be more expensive as Ford will never keep prices at the same level

Yup then DICOR seems like the only option but it would better if you wait for the 2.2 version. But one drawback could be that you would have to do a lot of R&D for TATA, so beware of that when buying a car with a new engine as TATA will outsource some development work to you too!!