Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2006, 22:05   #1
BHPian

Confused on what to buy and when

I know this has been asked and am asking again. Here is the info you allwould require to help me.

Cars short listed : Maruti Esteem, Honda City , Tata Safari, Mahindra Balero

Am ready to wait for a period of 6 months if new FE models are coming up. I have been reading stuff on LPG cars, etc and am confused as too shld i wait or not.

Price range : 6 - 7 lkh

Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations : Very good

Average distance traveled per month : 1,200 km ( long distance once in 3 months around 1,000 km)

Where car will be mostly used (city / highway / rough roads etc) : Rough Roads - Crater roads (Bangalore Roads)

Chauffer driven / self driven : Self Driven

Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family : yes

Any specific requirements from car (ex. Better luggage space, responsive engine, rear seat comfort) : Not a looks freak. Better engine and durability, FE with AC working, power steering, power windows, better shock absorbers

How long you intend on keeping this car (and how important resale is to you) : Pretty long

I am absolutely confused and need some help here.

Thanks
Rohinton
Old 5th September 2006, 00:45   #2
BHPian

Hi Rohinton, you are looking at two different segments. IMO narrow down your options to SUV only, coz you intend to make quite a few outstation trips too. You may like to consider the Chevy Tavera, Scorpio or Innova instead. All the best!

az
Old 5th September 2006, 10:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

dude wait for 6months! by that period more cars would be in and you cn get more feedabck on new gen cars that are just out (fiesta/aveo etc)
Old 5th September 2006, 11:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the shortlisted cars, it is quite obvious that you are confused. so it is best that you sort out within yourself the type of car that you will like to have. A SUV or a sedan. both have advantages & disadvantages. if your family is big & if you will be using the vehicle mostly with the family, then the SUV makes sense.
Old 5th September 2006, 12:06   #5
BHPian

I am in the same boat as you buddy. confused as hell. The family is considering its second car after the Ford Fiesta and can't narrow it down to whether it should be a small car or an SUV. Requirements are pretty much the same including the inclination to wait if something good is in the pipeline.

Thanks,
Sumit
Old 9th September 2006, 19:28   #6
BANNED

Wait for the Diesel Verna.... will be good.... otherwise your shortlist is confusing in itself... City is out of 7 L range... others not good according to me... so wait this month for the verna launch...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks