Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2017, 22:33   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: S-Cross vs the Ertiga!

It's a Deja Vu type of question which has been asked before. 10 out of 10 members recommended S Cross last time. I won't be holding my breath to see if it will be different this time.
SmartCat is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 22:58   #47
BHPian

S cross vs The Ertiga!

If there isn't a need for extra seats I don't see why would one look at Ertiga. We have a S-Cross 1.3 at home and as everyone said it's a quality car from Maruti indeed.

The thing that bothers me is that if you want a 4 seater strictly for city drives why don't you look at a premium hatchback that would give you all the goodies in a compact size, perfect for city drives.

The S-Cross is a great buy if you are hell bent on getting a Maruti but then you will have problems in negotiating city traffic owing to its bigger size. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Waspune : 9th August 2017 at 23:03.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 23:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

As a 4 seater, there is no reason for anyone to choose Ertiga over the SCross. S Cross is certainly the superior car and in my opinion it is a no-brainer.

Last edited by vibbs : 9th August 2017 at 23:21.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 23:39   #49
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Since you intend to use the car to seat 4 people, I'd say go with the S-Cross as it's a much better built car. You will also not get the feeling you're in a car similar to the outgoing Swift as you'd feel if you went with the Ertiga.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 23:40   #50
BHPian

The ertiga is cheaper, has petrol.options and is a wonderful car by itself. When in chauffer mode, I can easily work on my laptop in the back. While driving it's easy in city traffic and when we need boot space, the middle row is pushed forward for amazing boot space by folding the last row. Also packs the full family for dinner runs.

The ertiga does a lot of things very well, the issue is that in most cases, it's only one at a time.. I've been quite happy with my purchase as my usage is extremely low (so petrol).

The s cross is an amazing car as well- well built, fun to drive, premium feel and higher cost , also appears safer and has more road presence.

All depends on what you're looking at your car to do for you.
akshay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 00:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking at Maruti's alone are ok with its looks. S-Cross is a no brainer. I've been looking at a similar budget, the only Maruti that made it to the list was S-Cross. I didn't even bother about the Brezza or Ertiga
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 07:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

All great recommendations pouring in. The general consensus then is that S cross is the way to go. I do have to keep in mind that the cost of ownership would be higher for the S cross compared to the swift and squeezing it into tiny places could be a problem for the folks at home.
Old 10th August 2017, 07:49   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

No 2 thoughts about it. It has to be the S-Cross. A better Product compared to the Ertiga. The ride quality of the S-Cross is also miles ahead. A Good Cross-over Vs a People Mover - Not really the ideal duo to get confused with here .

Also, the requirements that the Ertiga will cater to may not really be the right choice for you as you are looking for a 4 Seater.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 08:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I don't see a comparison at all.
S-Cross is a superior car. Period.
It is well engineered and extremely well put together.

The only reason why I would think about buying the Ertiga over the S-Cross is because of the petrol AT and seven seater- both which you don't need as highlighted in your post.
Ditto. The two compared here have different traits and suffice different requirements. I picked up my Ertiga ZDi+ earlier this year as I required a seven seater which can carry four members, a baby and "Mikhail" my Golden Retriever.

If you don't need a seven seater why consider? The boot in the Ertiga is next to nothing when it comes to stuffing bags even for a couple of days for the no of people it can carry.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 10:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
It's a Deja Vu type of question which has been asked before. 10 out of 10 members recommended S Cross last time. I won't be holding my breath to see if it will be different this time.
Absolutely Correct!
However, when actually writing the cheque, the decision is many a times reversed.

Majority of buyers in our market place more importance to the Sales popularity & Perceived Image of the car, rather than it's actual merit.

The Ertiga has the perceived Image of a mini-Innova, which surpasses the 'Hatchback on Heels' Image of the S-Cross.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 11:16   #56
BHPian

Re: S-Cross vs the Ertiga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
All great recommendations pouring in. The general consensus then is that S cross is the way to go. I do have to keep in mind that the cost of ownership would be higher for the S cross compared to the swift and squeezing it into tiny places could be a problem for the folks at home.
S-Cross without a shadow of doubt. However, if feasible wait for a couple of months for the facelift to launch, which looks better, might carry petrol engines along with AT.

You may also want to consider Ecosport facelift expected to be announced around the same time. A sportier 1.5 petrol engine along with automatic should be for sale, and might just be the car for you. Its narrower and shorter too, so squeezing it into places should not be a big deal.
Old 10th August 2017, 11:55   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
S-Cross without a shadow of doubt. However, if feasible wait for a couple of months for the facelift to launch, which looks better, might carry petrol engines along with AT.

You may also want to consider Ecosport facelift expected to be announced around the same time. A sportier 1.5 petrol engine along with automatic should be for sale, and might just be the car for you. Its narrower and shorter too, so squeezing it into places should not be a big deal.
I would not advice to wait for the facelifts due to recent discussion regarding SUVs, luxury cars are going to cost more where the cess is most likely to hike from 15% to 25%.
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 12:07   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
I would not advice to wait for the facelifts due to recent discussion regarding SUVs, luxury cars are going to cost more where the cess is most likely to hike from 15% to 25%.
I agree with you. Except for cosmetics, I don't see anything in the upcoming facelift. If one is looking at buying a S-Cross, it is better of done earliest possibly by October 1st.
Old 10th August 2017, 15:11   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I agree with you. Except for cosmetics, I don't see anything in the upcoming facelift. If one is looking at buying a S-Cross, it is better of done earliest possibly by October 1st.
The cess should in any case not impact S-Cross 1.3 diesel as the cess shall be for cars above 4 meters and over 1500 cc diesel engines. The petrol might get impacted a bit as it has to be below 1.2 to prevent impact.

The Ecosport would again not be impacted as its below 4 meters in length.
Old 16th August 2017, 15:36   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
The cess should in any case not impact S-Cross 1.3 diesel as the cess shall be for cars above 4 meters and over 1500 cc diesel engines. The petrol might get impacted a bit as it has to be below 1.2 to prevent impact.

The Ecosport would again not be impacted as its below 4 meters in length.
The colleagues in my office who visited the NEXA showroom recently have been informed by the Pune dealer that SCross will be a part of that Cess increase clause.

The tentative amount which'll be increased is indicated roughly around a Lakh Rupees.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks