Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2019, 12:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Advice on buying a used Renault Koleos?

Compromise on AWD and get a Creta automatic. In your budget you get a new car. Is very refined comfortable. Not too big. Spares and service will not be an issue.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 13:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Koleos is an amazing car and good value for money but if you plan on using it as a daily driver, then I cannot comment on its reliability, but its low part availability will mean that you need to be extremely proactive and involved with its maintenance. Take a look at the Hexa or if automatic transmission is not a must, the Yeti should make a strong case for itself as its compact dimensions and tractable 2 liter diesel along with well put together interiors, make for a sweet package.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 19:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Compromise on AWD and get a Creta automatic. In your budget you get a new car. Is very refined comfortable. Not too big. Spares and service will not be an issue.
Thanks JediKnight, everybody has CRETA and looks boring now. I am looking for some exclusiveness (Koleos, Rexton, Yeti (if there was an auto), Xtrail etc make it to the list).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Koleos is an amazing car and good value for money but if you plan on using it as a daily driver, then I cannot comment on its reliability, but its low part availability will mean that you need to be extremely proactive and involved with its maintenance. Take a look at the Hexa or if automatic transmission is not a must, the Yeti should make a strong case for itself as its compact dimensions and tractable 2 liter diesel along with well put together interiors, make for a sweet package.
Thanks IshaanIan, automatic is mandatory for me, otherwise I wouldn't have thought to change from my Nissan Terrano. Yes, Yeti automatic would have been just perfect for my needs.
Old 17th September 2019, 02:35   #19
BHPian

I wanted to update the thread after a long pause! I have sold off my Thar, and have been on the lookout for either the Koleos or an Outlander.

There is a good example Koleos not too far from me which has done around 1.5 lac kms, its a late 2013 Bose edition, the owner was asking for 7.5lacs but might settle around 6.2 or so.

I plan to see it this week and take it for a test drive and an inspection by Renault, what all should I look out for and check for?
HillyThar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 13:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
If you decide to go for the Koleos, drop me a PM as i might be selling mine soon...
Hello 46TheDoctor,

Can you please PM me your contact no.? I need some information on Renalut Koleos.

Thanks
Vivek
Old 19th September 2019, 21:07   #21
BHPian

Here is my experience with Fluence

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...edit-sold.html (Influenced by the Renault Fluence EDIT: Sold!)

Overall I say don't buy it, not worth the price and lack of parts/ expensive parts.
Brishti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 12:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Here is my experience with Fluence

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...edit-sold.html (Influenced by the Renault Fluence EDIT: Sold!)

Overall I say don't buy it, not worth the price and lack of parts/ expensive parts.

Wow, that must have been a traumatic experience to go through. I checked with the Koleos owner (Chandigarh based) on their service record, and it's not a pretty picture at all, he has spent 2.5 lacs in 30 months on the periodic maintenance and running repairs, avaraging 4.7 Rs/Km as the maintenance cost, which is as high as the BMW service plans!

I am rethinking on just going for the 2014 refreshed model Duster AWD for now, thank you for the inputs.
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:20   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillyThar View Post
Koleos owners and former Koleos owners please do weigh in and help with your advice!

Hi!
My advice for you is Please refrain from buying Koleos.
Although it was an excellent Car but ASS from Renault for this particular product is Horrible.
My uncle owns one which is in workshop from last 2-3 years for non-availability of parts and ridiculous parking charges by Renault service centre leading to subsequent legal battle.
I am sure this will help

Last edited by khan_sultan : 23rd October 2019 at 17:43. Reason: trimmed quoted post for better readability
SunnyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 14:37   #24

Hi everyone. I was looking for a decent AWD/4x4 under 10 Lakhs in Pune. I went through several options and then came across few used Koleos with low price. I then went through the pros and cons of the Koleos in this thread. I was in two minds after that. But I finalized one of the Koleos with following details:
1. Sep 2012 Model
2. 1.15 Lakhs clocked in the ODO
3. Webasto Fabric Panoramic Sunroof worth 1.5 Lakhs installed by Renault Showroom during the first owner's purchase.
4. 1 year comprehensive insurance valid till Sept 2020.
5. Car is well maintained - I checked it's complete report on cars24 website (Car was listed there but I contacted through Olx).
6. First owner is a prominent person in Pune owning 12 other Luxury cars.

I closed the deal at 3.65 Lakhs, transfer charges extra.
I know a used car will have some maintenance cost so keeping additional 75K to 1 Lakhs as maintenance expense (tyre changes, minor denting painting, filter change, servicing, etc.)

I hope I got a good deal that outweighs the negatives.
Koleos owners, your thoughts on this arrangement please.
gamerkarve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 13:57   #25
BHPian

Hello gamerkarve, Can you please share your experience with Koleos ownership, cost, spares, service and few pictures?
Old 29th November 2020, 16:55   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerkarve View Post
Hi everyone. I was looking for a decent AWD/4x4 under 10 Lakhs in Pune. I went through several options and then came across few used Koleos with low price. I then went through the pros and cons of the Koleos in this thread. I was in two minds after that. But I finalized one of the Koleos with following details:
1. Sep 2012 Model
2. 1.15 Lakhs clocked in the ODO
Pretty good deal despite the cars shortcomings (that transmission!). Expect parts to take a long time to source!
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:40   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Pretty good deal despite the cars shortcomings (that transmission!). Expect parts to take a long time to source!
True. The original parts need to be sourced from France. The showroom usually says 25-30 days required to order any part.
But luckily, being a resident of Pune, I am able to procure second hand / Thai parts within a week from Mumbai. And there are good mechanics and electricians in Pune who can get majority of fixes done cheaply.
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:30   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Hello gamerkarve, Can you please share your experience with Koleos ownership, cost, spares, service and few pictures?
Yes I will share my ownership experience by tomorrow.
Old 27th September 2023, 09:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerkarve View Post
Yes I will share my ownership experience by tomorrow.
Posting on behalf of a friend, who is looking to buy a used Koleos. Could you please share your ownership experience, so that I can pass on the information to him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks